Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
UM-Bot

Huge 50km-long cave discovered on the Moon

21 posts in this topic

 

Bruce Wayne is a busy boy.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear, if they find a Nazi base..

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The size given for the cave, 50 by 50 meters, appears to be that of the visible entrance. The article linked below indicates that the overall size of the lava tube is believed to be about 1 kilometer wide, and one high, and several kilometers long. This article includes an image of the entrance, and goes into some detail about how the cave was measured by radar, from Lunar orbit.

https://gizmodo.com/scientists-just-found-the-perfect-spot-to-build-an-unde-1819658831

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW ! Now some government need to put their s**t together and go back there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great find! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Philidelphia in this depiction has a dimesion less than a mile? That's seems absurd, though I've never been there.

Image result for lava tubes on the moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

360_intl_nazis_space_0229.jpg

Yep! They'll be waiting. :yes:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome news.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so guess we will have to wait a while to see a base or anything outside earth. too much money wasted on war and bs then trying to establish life in the solar system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pallidin said:

So, Philidelphia in this depiction has a dimesion less than a mile? That's seems absurd, though I've never been there.

Image result for lava tubes on the moon

Lol. That’s just the buildings of the CBD. I think they’re just trying to give a sense of scale, but using Philadelphia CBD seems strange. 

Maybe something a bit more globally known and significant would have been better, like the Burj Khalifa.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome,  maybe Trump will build a hotel.  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The perfect underground city has just been dug out for us. Now all we have to do is cap that entrance and start building behind it. Welcome to moon base Alpha.

 

Lets just hope that a huge space worm is not living there like in  Star wars.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Funny, using lava tubes as prefabricated housing on celestial bodies with an inhospitable atmosphere to humans is a key portion of a certain persons claims about a secret space program. While obviously it's very difficult to find any of his "story" credible due to complete lack of corresponding physical evidence this definately parallels and will most likely be used in some manor in an attempt to vindicate said claims.

On a different point this, I would think, should substantially  move up the current date for a permanent habitat on the moon. We can put a rover up there in 6 months along with one of Robert Bigelow's inflatables quickly followed by a Falcon Heavy and crew. It only took us well over half century to make it, but hey at least we would be back....

 

Edited by TaintlessMetals
Half my post got erased :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaintlessMetals said:

Funny, using lava tubes as prefabricated housing on celestial bodies with an inhospitable atmosphere to humans is a key portion of a certain persons claims about a secret space program. While obviously it's very difficult to find any of his "story" credible due to complete lack of corresponding physical evidence this definately parallels and will most likely be used in some manor in an attempt to vindicate said claims.

Actually, JAXA has physical evidence, that is what their satellite is designed to do so not sure what you are talking about?  It has to beverified, obviously, but there is a cavern there.  Please read the linked article before declaring they are guessing. 

1 hour ago, TaintlessMetals said:

On a different point this, I would think, should substantially  move up the current date for a permanent habitat on the moon. We can put a rover up there in 6 months along with one of Robert Bigelow's inflatables quickly followed by a Falcon Heavy and crew. It only took us well over half century to make it, but hey at least we would be back....

Falcon heavy has not flown and the first flight is, as admitted by Mr. Musk, very risky.  They are not, by any means, 6 months from a Moon landing.  If you are truly interested in what is going on in the space exploration world I highly recommend subscribing to this particular forum as folks are very good at posting the latest available news 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Actually, JAXA has physical evidence, that is what their satellite is designed to do so not sure what you are talking about?  It has to beverified, obviously, but there is a cavern there.  Please read the linked article before declaring they are guessing. 

That isnt what i was referring to but no worries I'll clear it up so where on the same page.  I appreciate the info and invitation none the less.

What I was alluring to is a "story" that has been circulating throughout the let's call it "fringe science community". There is a man by the name of  C. Goode that says all kinds of fantastical stories involving himself and a secret space program, time travel Etc, part of which involves lava tube cities on local celestial bodies. He cant provide any legitimate physical evidence so a betting man would assume he will try to say this finding vindicates his story which isn't even close to a realistic assessment.

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Falcon heavy has not flown and the first flight is, as admitted by Mr. Musk, very risky.  They are not, by any means, 6 months from a Moon landing.  If you are truly interested in what is going on in the space exploration world I highly recommend subscribing to this particular forum as folks are very good at posting the latest available news 

I was only implying that given absolute priority, unlimited funding and seamless  transition of technology this would be a feasible project, given no set backs occur. Granted the likelihood of it isn't probable. All the ideas are present though, the technology is already here essentially. This was basically just my extremely overly optimistic excitement at the possibilities and was nothing more than speculation on my part.

Edited by TaintlessMetals
Keeps dropping parts of my post....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TaintlessMetals said:

That isnt what i was referring to but no worries I'll clear it up so where on the same page.  I appreciate the info and invitation none the less.

What I was alluring to is a "story" that has been circulating throughout the let's call it "fringe science community". There is a man by the name of  C. Goode that says all kinds of fantastical stories involving himself and a secret space program, time travel Etc, part of which involves lava tube cities on local celestial bodies. He cant provide any legitimate physical evidence so a betting man would assume he will try to say this finding vindicates his story which isn't even close to a realistic assessment.

I am sure he will but lava tubes have been suspected for a long time, alien cities, not so much.

7 hours ago, TaintlessMetals said:

I was only implying that given absolute priority, unlimited funding and seamless  transition of technology this would be a feasible project, given no set backs occur. Granted the likelihood of it isn't probable. All the ideas are present though, the technology is already here essentially. This was basically just my extremely overly optimistic excitement at the possibilities and was nothing more than speculation on my part.

Maybe but Falcon Heavy is now 2-3 years late so not sure how much money would make it more ready to go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BeastieRunner said:

Bruce Wayne is a busy boy.

Yes, but the villain have the Moon Bat-base now.  If they still don't bear with me. With all of my eye operations I'm over 2 years behind in some of my books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Awesome,  maybe Trump will build a hotel.  

Maybe a few Casinos, Playboy club, etc.  The new and greatest place to gamble.  You can gamble on the 3 - 4 day trip, just like a cruise ship. Then you can lose the rest of your money once you're there.  I'm sure casinos on the Moon wouldn't pay back at 97% as Vegas does. (unless that's changed.  It's old info on my part)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Let hope Disney get involved. I'm not much for Casinos, I don't find losing my money for nothing to be much fun. 

latest?cb=20100310093208

Edited by Grandpa Greenman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 10:59 PM, geraldnewfie said:

so guess we will have to wait a while to see a base or anything outside earth. too much money wasted on war and bs then trying to establish life in the solar system.

Theres more than one space orgainsation that isnt government funded..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.