Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family sells everything to bet on bitcoins

Still Waters

A Dutch family has sold virtually all they own, including a business, their home, two cars and a motorbike and invested the takings in bitcoin just as the virtual currency is soaring to new heights.

"We are putting everything into bitcoin, we've sold everything to invest in this currency," Didi Taihuttu told AFP.

The 39-year-old is currently living in a camping ground with his family, aiming "to put as much money as possible to one side and transform it into bitcoin."

https://phys.org/news/2017-10-dutch-family-bitcoins.html

• Like 1

Maybe should have done it 6 years ago.

Well, they'll be thankful that Denmark has a generous safety net because I have a feeling someone's gonna be on the dole soon.

Exactly how long do they expect this upsurge to last? Economics 101, people. A friend of mine bought a ton of stock when it first came out and just recently unloaded all of it. He made a lot, I'm talking A LOT of money; but to invest now certainly doesn't sound too wise. 

The money changers aren't going to allow a sovereign currency, one immune to manipulation, to exist for long. Putin and company are already trying to shut it down. The truth is that your money is backed by nothing, barely worth the paper it's printed on.