Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Font has changed

Merc14

Suddenly my font size has changed to very small and I have had to log back in across various computers.  I have tried three different browsers (IE-11, Firefox and Opera, all latest versions) and  the problem is the same in all.   Also,  have had to log back in on every different system (two computers and phone).  So, how do I rest my font to viewable and has my account been corrupted?  BTW congrats on over 6M posts, a remarkable accomplishment and testament to the folks who take care of this site.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Have you tried holding down ctrl key and scrolling up?

Yes and I fixed it with that but thanks more interested in why, all of a sudden, I was logged out and this had changed.  I should   have been more clear so sorry for that but always curious when something I am on every day changes radically for no reason.   I'm a troubleshooter by heart I guess ZZ  :rolleyes::D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Yes and I fixed it with that but thanks more interested in why, all of a sudden, I was logged out and this had changed.  I should   have been more clear so sorry for that but always curious when something I am on every day changes radically for no reason.   I'm a troubleshooter by heart I guess ZZ  :rolleyes::D

Did you get some screwy automatic update when the comp was off?

I blame it on my cat lol.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

THAT'S the only reason I HAVE a cat!  (JK)  :w00t:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Yep and then they look at you and you can;t be mad because your paper was erased.  LOL.  Set word to save every 10 seconds when you have multiple cats.

23 minutes ago, and then said:

THAT'S the only reason I HAVE a cat!  (JK)  :w00t:

I have 4 cats, all rescue and older but one and my wife has a crazy cat lady sticker on her car so....  :huh:  Anyways,  the last update was the W-10 Creators on Tuesday so not that.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

So that's why four hundred cases of Queasy Kitten Cat Food were delivered to my door!

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

So that's why four hundred cases of Queasy Kitten Cat Food were delivered to my door!

Yes it is Saru's fault.  I expect an apology soon.  :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Suddenly my font size has changed to very small and I have had to log back in across various computers.  I have tried three different browsers (IE-11, Firefox and Opera, all latest versions) and  the problem is the same in all.   Also,  have had to log back in on every different system (two computers and phone).  So, how do I rest my font to viewable and has my account been corrupted?  BTW congrats on over 6M posts, a remarkable accomplishment and testament to the folks who take care of this site.

When the font in my top tabs suddenly decreased in size (in Firefox - I guess with their update), I found downloading a free fontsize changer helped to rectify this, i.e. I then enlarged each section.  Not sure this will sort the problem but it might be worth trying.

Edited by sees

I'd be loath to add new software as a "solution" :)

Is it possible that your screen resolution has been changed ? That might explain why ALL of the browsers have been effected simultanously ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I'd be loath to add new software as a "solution" :)

Is it possible that your screen resolution has been changed ? That might explain why ALL of the browsers have been effected simultanously ?

No because everything else and every other site remained the same.   I logged on th wimy phone, something I have done before, while getting my oil changed but that is the only difference.

Ahhh...... so this is only happening on Unexplained Mysteries ?

Well, the only thing that immediately springs to mind is the site cookies, as these are common across browsers, I believe.

I can't imagine why or how UM would have set a cookie for font size... but... try clearing all your cookies ?

There's no mechanism on the site that would cause the font size to change - that's something typically controlled by the browser.

Perhaps you accidentally changed the font size or zoom settings on a per-site basis.

I take your point @Saru, but it was the only thing I could think of that would effect all three browsers simultanously ?

1 hour ago, Saru said:

There's no mechanism on the site that would cause the font size to change - that's something typically controlled by the browser.

Perhaps you accidentally changed the font size or zoom settings on a per-site basis.

Saru, I was also logged out on every computer and device at the same time, in other words I had top log back in, including at work, to post.  Three different computers, one on a different network and a phone, all made me log back in.  Not a big deal but so strange and it has to be the site as nothing else is common to all of teh machines.  Nothing else effected.   Just a curiosity.

Merc14, I know this doesn't seem logical, but could you delete cookies off those machines (whil'st NOT logged in) and then log in again ?

41 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Merc14, I know this doesn't seem logical, but could you delete cookies off those machines (whil'st NOT logged in) and then log in again ?

I fixed it and can't get to the computers now.