Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restaurant furniture filmed moving on its own

Still Waters

The owners of Cronies bar and restaurant say they aren’t pulling some kind of Halloween prank.

But on video they have surveillance tape clearly showing furniture moving about the place — and on its own.

Furniture. Moving. Without. Anyone. Touching. It.

Spooky! What gives?

CBS2’s Amy Johnson spoke to the co-owner and patrons to get to the bottom of the paranormal mystery.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/10/18/its-para-abnormal-customers-see-the-furniture-move-at-this-bar-even-when-sober/

• Like 1

Aliens dropping by to wet their whistles before heading out to make crop circles.

Interesting again with the surveillance cameras. A little more mellow than the Irish school one we saw. The Papameter is 90% paranormal; 10% other.

• Like 1

Interesting that all of this starts kicking up in October, when a lot of people are thinking about ghosts. 

• Like 1

Hello,

My restaurant is haunted. It has crispy Ghosts, sweet Ghosts, tangy Ghosts and all you can eat for $10 Ghosts!

Watch repeats of our Ghostly sightings while enjoying an overpriced beverage or starter. Marvel at the real life Ghost noises while you enjoy your terrifying main!

Cower in fear at the sweet trolley as it glides mysteriously towards your table, shriek in horror at the cost and quality of our store bought treats!

Disclaimer: Ghosts only available during October.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1423304428-0.jpg

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I believe it is a magicians act.

The first chair is by a pole. The pole is hiding something that is causing it to move.

The second one is curiously close to that woman where her leg could have been under the table, pushing the chair. She could be pushing a piece of wood on the floor to reach the chair and make it move.

Show me a video of a chair with no long parallel horizontal objects (or people) right next to them, and you will convince me that ghosts caused them to move. I am not a skeptic either, I believe in ghosts and I have seen objects move on their own but the video in this thread isn't one of them, or at least, I am pretty sure.

Edited by -Thatguy-

Furniture moving on video will never impress me. It’s just to easy to fake. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, preacherman76 said:

Furniture moving on video will never impress me. It’s just to easy to fake. 

That points out the futility of skeptics so often telling people to set up cameras. The experiencer is in a lose-lose situation with a skeptic. 

I factor in my judgment of human nature and the details of the particular case and do not form a 0% or 100% conclusion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That points out the futility of skeptics so often telling people to set up cameras. The experiencer is in a lose-lose situation with a skeptic. 

I factor in my judgment of human nature and the details of the particular case and do not form a 0% or 100% conclusion.

No doubt. The skeptics will in no way ever accept video evidence of any kind, ever. Regardless of how insistent they are that someone should set one up over a claim someone has made.

For me though, moving furniture isn't enough. Not from a source I couldn't verify. I could pull that off with some fishing string right now. Unless I personally know who set it up, and know the back story of why they set it up. Even then I'd have to really know and trust said person.

Edited by preacherman76

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

For me though, moving furniture isn't enough. Not from a source I couldn't verify. I could pull that off with some fishing string right now. Unless I personally know who set it up, and know the back story of why they set it up. Even then I'd have to really know and trust said person.

Right, that would be needed for a near 100% buy-in. My Papameter (estimate of likelihood) rarely pegs-out at 100% in stories like the OP.

If the story is about a bar/pub or hotel that could benefit $$ from publicity I write it off....

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Right, that would be needed for a near 100% buy-in. My Papameter (estimate of likelihood) rarely pegs-out at 100% in stories like the OP.

No disrespect here papa, heck with some things, I'm a believer myself. I just don't understand how this qualifies for a 90% grade? If its on human nature, well to me that's a extremely optimistic view of humans. There are plenty of people who would make such a video just to try and get youtube hits. 

23 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No disrespect here papa, heck with some things, I'm a believer myself. I just don't understand how this qualifies for a 90% grade? If its on human nature, well to me that's a extremely optimistic view of humans. There are plenty of people who would make such a video just to try and get youtube hits. 

Actually, I am going to agree with you and not me. 90% does seem too high. I'll defend 50% though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Actually, I am going to agree with you and not me. 90% does seem too high. I'll defend 50% though.

Oh papa, your papameter couldn’t really have been off by 40%, could it? There must have been some convincing evidence you have now forgotten in the intervening months.

Or were you going high side to stimulate discussion?

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Oh papa, your papameter couldn’t really have been off by 40%, could it? There must have been some convincing evidence you have now forgotten in the intervening months.

Or were you going high side to stimulate discussion?

Dunno about ghosts... but you quoting yourself to question yourself sure is high on the odd-o-meter.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Dunno about ghosts... but you quoting yourself to question yourself sure is high on the odd-o-meter.

I used to walk down the street muttering to myself. Nowadays, I find it much easier  to do it electronically.