Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hello, I'm new

AmethystW

Hi there,

I just registered, and thought I'd say hello. I'm a twenty-something woman living in a very haunted old house in England, and joined in case anyone could help me with a particular experience I'm having.

Nice to meet everyone! :)

• Like 6

Hello, AmethystW, welcome to UM. Have fun! :D

• Like 3

please feel free to share your thoughts with us whether how good or bad it is, and by the way welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

Welcome! Nice to meet you too! :D

• Like 2

Hi to you AmethystW. Welcome to UM :)

• Like 2

Greetings from Ireland.  My first post here.  I look forward to reading and contributing to this forum.  :)

• Like 3

On 23/10/2017 at 1:44 AM, Aaron_2017 said:

Greetings from Ireland.  My first post here.  I look forward to reading and contributing to this forum.  :)

Welcome.....

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, AmethystW said:

Hi there,

I just registered, and thought I'd say hello. I'm a twenty-something woman living in a very haunted old house in England, and joined in case anyone could help me with a particular experience I'm having.

Hi AmethystW. Nice to meet you! :D 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, AmethystW said:

Hi there,

Are you having problems with ghosts? Since you said you are in a very haunted old house.

• 2 months later...
On 26/10/2017 at 8:27 PM, Truthseeker007 said:

Are you having problems with ghosts? Since you said you are in a very haunted old house.

Thankfully no longer, as we finally moved. :)

• Like 2

On 10/20/2017 at 8:55 AM, AmethystW said:

Hi there,

Hi and welcome to UM :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

What happened to the haunted house?

Someone bought it. We didn't mention the haunting because if they're not sensitive to it all, the thought of it might just worry them. And frankly, although I know in my heart that what we experienced was real, telling people is a bit like saying, "We think there's mermaids in the drain" -- you know? It's not really something that can be verified.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AmethystW said:

Someone bought it. We didn't mention the haunting because if they're not sensitive to it all, the thought of it might just worry them. And frankly, although I know in my heart that what we experienced was real, telling people is a bit like saying, "We think there's mermaids in the drain" -- you know? It's not really something that can be verified.

Well that is great you were able to get rid of it. I guess if you get a phone call from the people that bought it you will know you weren't the only ones. Did you see any ghosts? Are was it just strange noises and things moving? I mean if you would like to share what happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well that is great you were able to get rid of it. I guess if you get a phone call from the people that bought it you will know you weren't the only ones. Did you see any ghosts? Are was it just strange noises and things moving? I mean if you would like to share what happened.

Thank you for the invitation for sharing -- I mention what we experienced briefly at the end of a thread I posted, so I'll copy the post in here:

"the Catholic martyr who used to walk across the hallway (yes, the rector identified him during the first blessing…we even know his name), the voices of the men at the bottom of the stairs at night, the Victorian who walked across my mother's bedroom, the man in a trench coat who stood at the end of my sister's bed, the servant who used to appear in my brother's bedroom at night, the ghost who came up behind me while I was making dinner like he wanted to see what I was cooking"

There was a lot more to it than all that, including an ongoing thing related to mine and my brothers dream which I discuss in the rest of the thread I posted (which is here if you want to read it: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/312614-i-think-someone-is-buried-in-my-garden/), but to be honest, I wrote that last night about our experiences, and it was like being straight back there. It sounds really silly, but 20 years in that house with that amount of haunting was genuinely traumatic, and I don't even want to think about it any more by explaining in more detail what we experienced. Maybe one day when it's not all so recent in my memory.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AmethystW said:

Thank you for the invitation for sharing -- I mention what we experienced briefly at the end of a thread I posted, so I'll copy the post in here:

"the Catholic martyr who used to walk across the hallway (yes, the rector identified him during the first blessing…we even know his name), the voices of the men at the bottom of the stairs at night, the Victorian who walked across my mother's bedroom, the man in a trench coat who stood at the end of my sister's bed, the servant who used to appear in my brother's bedroom at night, the ghost who came up behind me while I was making dinner like he wanted to see what I was cooking"

There was a lot more to it than all that, including an ongoing thing related to mine and my brothers dream which I discuss in the rest of the thread I posted (which is here if you want to read it: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/312614-i-think-someone-is-buried-in-my-garden/), but to be honest, I wrote that last night about our experiences, and it was like being straight back there. It sounds really silly, but 20 years in that house with that amount of haunting was genuinely traumatic, and I don't even want to think about it any more by explaining in more detail what we experienced. Maybe one day when it's not all so recent in my memory.

Your welcome and thank you for sharing!:)

Wow that is very spooky! I mean a man in a trench coat standing at the end of your sisters bed! I would be freaked out.lol!! Did you happen to ask the ghost if it liked what you were cooking? Wow I bet you are so glad to be out of that house!!

Yes thanks!! I will go check out the other thread. 20 years is a very long time to deal with that! I bet you feel so relieved in a new house. You sure went through some traumatic experiences and yea it is probably best not to think about it to much.

Thanks for sharing AmethysW!:D

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Your welcome and thank you for sharing!:)

Wow that is very spooky! I mean a man in a trench coat standing at the end of your sisters bed! I would be freaked out.lol!! Did you happen to ask the ghost if it liked what you were cooking? Wow I bet you are so glad to be out of that house!!

Yes thanks!! I will go check out the other thread. 20 years is a very long time to deal with that! I bet you feel so relieved in a new house. You sure went through some traumatic experiences and yea it is probably best not to think about it to much.

Thanks for sharing AmethysW!:D

Hahaha, no I didn't ask the ghost -- I was just like, "Oh ****!!"

I really love being in a new house. I think it bothered me a lot more than the rest of my family -- everyone else sort of took it in their stride, but it really used to frighten me. But the house we live in now feels amazing. I am never afraid in it, which makes such a wonderful change.

Thanks again for your interest. :)

• Like 1