Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

How to control your dreams

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I don't have good dreams. While I was in prison I had dreams that I was home. But they weren't good. Then I would wake up in a living nightmare. I wish I could change my dreams but my whole childhood and younger days was one long nightmare so my mind is too broken. Sucks.. 

You should start a daily meditation practice. It helps build new and stronger connections to the frontal lobe. That’s were all the good stuff comes from. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You should start a daily meditation practice. It helps build new and stronger connections to the frontal lobe. That’s were all the good stuff comes from. 

I practiced Shugendo for years. Meditating in natural conditions. To natural events. It doesn't help.

1 person likes this

In fact when I first started projecting I thought my horrible childhood would eventually come up through it. Thank God it never has, I credit meditation for it

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I practiced Shugendo for years. Meditating in natural conditions. To natural events. It doesn't help.

There has to be some method your elders could use that would work. Maybe a sort of banishment ? I dunno what traditions you might hold. 

1 person likes this

Well that sucks lol sorry man, it’s all I got

1 person likes this

Just now, ChaosRose said:

There has to be some method your elders could use that would work. Maybe a sort of banishment ? I dunno what traditions you might hold. 

Most of our religion is extinct. Just empty gestures with heavy white influence. Everything my granddad practiced he learned from the Nishnabs (Ojibway) but I wasn't allowed around him as a child.

Most of our religion is extinct. Just empty gestures with heavy white influence. Everything my granddad practiced he learned from the Nishnabs (Ojibway) but I wasn't allowed around him as a child.

Oh I'm sorry. 

Darn. I used to have an online acquaintance who was Ojibway, but I can't seem to locate her. 

If I run across her somewhere, I'll pm you. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Oh I'm sorry. 

Darn. I used to have an online acquaintance who was Ojibway, but I can't seem to locate her. 

If I run across her somewhere, I'll pm you. 

I'm Wayandaga's grandson Cuwewii if that means anything to her.

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

I don't have good dreams. While I was in prison I had dreams that I was home. But they weren't good. Then I would wake up in a living nightmare. I wish I could change my dreams but my whole childhood and younger days was one long nightmare so my mind is too broken. Sucks.. 

I feel for you but there must be a way - I am sure of it!

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm Wayandaga's grandson Cuwewii if that means anything to her.

I found her. You have info in PM.

I hope she can help you out. 

Edited by ChaosRose
3 people like this

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I found her. You have info in PM.

Don’t cha love this new world we are living in? It’s so easy to find people now a days 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Don’t cha love this new world we are living in? It’s so easy to find people now a days 

Yep, just look up their old haunts and see if they're still around. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I feel for you but there must be a way - I am sure of it!

There is definitely a way. I’d recommend a couple things but it’s forbidden here. 

1 person likes this

If you wanted to take the hard route you could pull a white crane feather (a guy who used to post here) and go on one of those spiritual journeys. 

Basically you gotta fast for a week, then go into the woods make a rock circle and sit in it for three days. When you first go into the woods you can eat a meal, but only what you can find in whatever nature spot you pick for your stay. 

Communication with spirit becomes possible towards the end. Or so I hear. 

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I have recently begun to add lucid dreaming exorcises to my everyday routine. I haven't had one yet, but my dream recall has improved a lot. My question is how do you think to look at your hands in a dream, if you don't know you are in a dream to begin with? Now that I'm getting a good look at my dreams every morning, there is very little about any of them that are realistic. Yet somehow I never figure out it isn't real.

I literally walked side by side with my son who was riding on a elephant down into my driveway (I have a long driveway), and it never occurred to me while it was happening that there was a reality problem. A least till I woke up. lol

One of the best techniques is to consciously do reality checking every day while you are AWAKE  This conditions your mind to do the same thing while you are asleep  If you become conscious tha t you are flying etc when this is impossible while awke, your mind becomes aware that you must be dreaming.

Another is to use light interrupted sleep. eg workout how long it takes you to start dreaming then set an alarm to wake you up.  Go back to sleep for a short time then wake up  again. As you transition from sleeping to dreaming, consciously think about the dream you were woken from and, if possible, record it immediately This teaches you how to swap between dream and  waking consciousness yet remain aware of which is which

As a very young child,  when learning to fly and project my consciousness i put my hands out in front of me in a diving position to help me cut through the air  to balance my body in flight and reduce drag  thus, as in normal life, i could only really see my hands out in front of me and the area to the front of me.  sometimes i also used a breast stroke swimming motion to fly until i learned to do it by simply willing it  We were beach babies almost from birth so swimming diving and even the sensation of flying while snorkling underwater were learned in real life and then translated into dreams as flying. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

I don't remember my dreams. Never. :mellow:

That sucks the brain does so many amazing things when your asleep. I think it's because there are no distractions. However I fall asleep watching t.v. and no joke I think my brain has absorbed every  infomercial  ever made.  I still remember the chia pet thing and the slap shop thing, don't dream about that thing. Or better yet turn off the tv when you go to sleep. I woke up one morning and thought I was a vacuum salesman.   I want to say sweet dreams but you don't have them, to me that's odd. Yet again maybe it's not. 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

One of the best techniques is to consciously do reality checking every day while you are AWAKE  This conditions your mind to do the same thing while you are asleep  If you become conscious tha t you are flying etc when this is impossible while awke, your mind becomes aware that you must be dreaming.

Another is to use light interrupted sleep. eg workout how long it takes you to start dreaming then set an alarm to wake you up.  Go back to sleep for a short time then wake up  again. As you transition from sleeping to dreaming, consciously think about the dream you were woken from and, if possible, record it immediately This teaches you how to swap between dream and  waking consciousness yet remain aware of which is which

As a very young child,  when learning to fly and project my consciousness i put my hands out in front of me in a diving position to help me cut through the air  to balance my body in flight and reduce drag  thus, as in normal life, i could only really see my hands out in front of me and the area to the front of me.  sometimes i also used a breast stroke swimming motion to fly until i learned to do it by simply willing it  We were beach babies almost from birth so swimming diving and even the sensation of flying while snorkling underwater were learned in real life and then translated into dreams as flying. 

Thanks for the advice Mr Walker.

I had kind of a break through early this morning. Im surprised cause its only been a few days of practice. I woke up at 3 this morning, got up and got a drink. As I laid back down I said to myself 'you will remember your dream', over and over till I fell asleep. It was a long dream and I remember vividly nearly every bit of it. Here is the break through part. In one part of the dream I was with my family. Long story short my oldest son jumped off a cliff into water that we had no idea how deep it was. He was ok, but I was mad at him and started giving him crap that what he did was dangerous. We got back to a house (not mine) and were all in the living room. So I tell my family "look guys I know this is a dream" And they start all nodding their heads in agreement. I continue "But I cant always remember that, so you cant just go jumping off of cliffs all recklessly, cause it freaks me out". Then I went about it from there as though it was real life again. The whole knowing I was dreaming never completely clicked, but I was soo close lol. 

This is gonna be fun.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Thanks for the advice Mr Walker.

I had kind of a break through early this morning. Im surprised cause its only been a few days of practice. I woke up at 3 this morning, got up and got a drink. As I laid back down I said to myself 'you will remember your dream', over and over till I fell asleep. It was a long dream and I remember vividly nearly every bit of it. Here is the break through part. In one part of the dream I was with my family. Long story short my oldest son jumped off a cliff into water that we had no idea how deep it was. He was ok, but I was mad at him and started giving him crap that what he did was dangerous. We got back to a house (not mine) and were all in the living room. So I tell my family "look guys I know this is a dream" And they start all nodding their heads in agreement. I continue "But I cant always remember that, so you cant just go jumping off of cliffs all recklessly, cause it freaks me out". Then I went about it from there as though it was real life again. The whole knowing I was dreaming never completely clicked, but I was soo close lol. 

This is gonna be fun.

Huge fun.When i was a kid i had characters in my dreams try to kill me . I told them, "You are my dream creation; you cant harm me" They shot me full of arrows and i just stood there, laughing 

Being part of my subconscious they still had some control, however, and prevented me from  entering 'their" world again, even telling me that the y were going to close off the doorway to this particular dream realm .

I worked out that my subconscious had decided that this realm was now too childish for me, so i created some new ones,  more suited to a 10-12 year old Kinda like moving from the far away tree to biggles and the round table/ robin hood etc.  

Ps one day in your dreams you will teach your family how to control their descent from a cliff using will power, and make a soft landing, or maybe even how to take off and land when flying  High places are good for beginners to take off from, because even if the y cant sustain flight, they can glide and slowly build up control.  Taking off from ground level requires a bit more mental effort and control of your mind  

Sometimes i run lessons (in my dreams) where i teach groups, or individuals, the basics of take off or landing, and some advanced groups how to navigate while flying at night time 

Edited by Mr Walker
1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Huge fun.When i was a kid i had characters in my dreams try to kill me . I told them, "You are my dream creation; you cant harm me" They shot me full of arrows and i just stood there, laughing 

Being part of my subconscious they still had some control, however, and prevented me from  entering 'their" world again, even telling me that the y were going to close off the doorway to this particular dream realm .

I worked out that my subconscious had decided that this realm was now too childish for me, so i created some new ones,  more suited to a 10-12 year old Kinda like moving from the far away tree to biggles and the round table/ robin hood etc.  

Ps one day in your dreams you will teach your family how to control their descent from a cliff using will power, and make a soft landing, or maybe even how to take off and land when flying  High places are good for beginners to take off from, because even if the y cant sustain flight, they can glide and slowly build up control.  Taking off from ground level requires a bit more mental effort and control of your mind  

Sometimes i run lessons (in my dreams) where i teach groups, or individuals, the basics of take off or landing, and some advanced groups how to navigate while flying at night time 

Wow thats awesome.

This whole time I’ve put all my effort into projecting and not really even looking into lucid dreaming. I should have been doing both this whole time. 

I don’t know why, but I keep thinking about the part when I told my family that this was my dream, and they all nodded smiling in agreement. 

Its almost like these dream characters really wanted me to figure it out. Like they knew what my goals were, and were happy to see me accomplish it. I don’t know why but it’s blowing my mind. 

20 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

That sucks the brain does so many amazing things when your asleep. I think it's because there are no distractions. However I fall asleep watching t.v. and no joke I think my brain has absorbed every  infomercial  ever made.  I still remember the chia pet thing and the slap shop thing, don't dream about that thing. Or better yet turn off the tv when you go to sleep. I woke up one morning and thought I was a vacuum salesman.   I want to say sweet dreams but you don't have them, to me that's odd. Yet again maybe it's not. 

As a kid, I dreamt a lot. Then in my later teenage years, it suddenly stopped. This year, I have remembered one dream, and that a really terrible nightmare. I still think it's odd. But It's not like I would be really missing anything. 

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow thats awesome.

This whole time I’ve put all my effort into projecting and not really even looking into lucid dreaming. I should have been doing both this whole time. 

I don’t know why, but I keep thinking about the part when I told my family that this was my dream, and they all nodded smiling in agreement. 

Its almost like these dream characters really wanted me to figure it out. Like they knew what my goals were, and were happy to see me accomplish it. I don’t know why but it’s blowing my mind. 

That is one side of your subconscious being happy for another part of your conscious mind.   Dreams are good for that purpose also.  .It is interesting what you say about projecting consciousness. I learned to fly when i was a couple of years old and my eariest dream memories are of flying   For me this became a conscious projection of my mind, first around my house  (with my parents in those dreams  trying to catch me and put me back to bed)  then out into the yard, then the local area, then the world and outer space. it was a natural progression of being able to fly and have control over where i flew

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

As a kid, I dreamt a lot. Then in my later teenage years, it suddenly stopped. This year, I have remembered one dream, and that a really terrible nightmare. I still think it's odd. But It's not like I would be really missing anything. 

Often. young people remember dreams more because they are getting more sleep and thus both having deeper longer REM periods, but also  waking  up more slowly which helps you remember the dream before the real world intrudes  . Also, for me, dreams were a source of freedom and control in my childhood.  iI could do anything be anyone form any time period, and go anywhere.

As an adult i had that freedom in real life and so didn't need the dreams so much 

Now in retirement I am working to rebuild a lot of the skills and abilities i had as a young person in my dreams.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Sometimes a dream reminds me of things. I have dreams about friends and foe's from 30 years ago. People I forgot about in my dreams. Then when I wake up I'm wow that was tripy. 

Edited by The Silver Thong
1 person likes this

Sometimes I dream of falling and I think it's why I'm scared of heights now. 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎18 at 3:52 PM, preacherman76 said:

I’ve had projections where I was jumping from roof to roof. Felt so real I could feel my feet sliding on their shingles if I came in to fast.

Awesome experience. 

One of my most recent lucid dreams I flew up to a nearby house's roof. It was raining, but I wasn't getting wet. I remember feeling the shingles under my hands when I sat down. Cold, wet, crumbly.  Mind blowing every time.

1 person likes this