Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prayer/Mediation/ and the Mind-of-Christ

markdohle

The distinction is a false one I believe, that prayer and meditation are different or that one is better than the other. Prayer and meditation for a Christian is to be more open to the love of the Father as revealed through Jesus Christ. There is a saying, "Pray the way you can and not how you can’t". People try to force themselves to do something that is not helpful. We are each unique in how we pray. I love the Rosary, pray it slowly and just be present to God when saying it if calm, or the mysteries will be part of that, but all in all it is to be united to God as well as all men and women. The Our Father and the Hail Mary are prayers for 'all', no one is excluded.......well unless we do.  It is the ‘Mind-of-Christ’ we are called to seek, for it is only then when we allow grace to draw us deeper into the Mind-of-Christ that we can understand the Sermon on the Mount and the Sermon on the Plain.  Our minds are filled with doubt, fear, anger, and lust, the desire for love and longing for union.  It is our Union with God that fills our hearts and minds with true wisdom and knowledge.  For God is love.  Often Christians just come across as angry, fearful and condemning. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, markdohle said:

The distinction is a false one I believe, that prayer and meditation are different or that one is better than the other. Prayer and meditation for a Christian is to be more open to the love of the Father as revealed through Jesus Christ. There is a saying, "Pray the way you can and not how you can’t". People try to force themselves to do something that is not helpful. We are each unique in how we pray. I love the Rosary, pray it slowly and just be present to God when saying it if calm, or the mysteries will be part of that, but all in all it is to be united to God as well as all men and women. The Our Father and the Hail Mary are prayers for 'all', no one is excluded.......well unless we do.  It is the ‘Mind-of-Christ’ we are called to seek, for it is only then when we allow grace to draw us deeper into the Mind-of-Christ that we can understand the Sermon on the Mount and the Sermon on the Plain.  Our minds are filled with doubt, fear, anger, and lust, the desire for love and longing for union.  It is our Union with God that fills our hearts and minds with true wisdom and knowledge.  For God is love.  Often Christians just come across as angry, fearful and condemning. 

We are perfected Beings, there is nothing more to add, if we lack anything its the ability to demonstrate and express this perfection fully, from moment to moment.

Meditation and prayer can help us to remember our perfection, wiping away the filth and grime and dirt that stops our light from shinning forth. If you decide to Be Love, then you are Love, especially if your mind is already peaceful.

With practiced self awareness we immediately recognise our fall from this point of divinity and quickly reset ourselves and before too long it shall become second nature.

If you wish to experience God then feel Love, if you give Love then you are demonstrating the Godliness within yourself and your "connection" will steadily increase.

You and I and God are One.

Love is the key.

• Like 2

The distinction is a false one I believe, that prayer and meditation are different or that one is better than the other. 

I'll go you one further and add magick. 

Edited by ChaosRose

47 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

We are perfected Beings, there is nothing more to add, if we lack anything its the ability to demonstrate and express this perfection fully, from moment to moment.

Meditation and prayer can help us to remember our perfection, wiping away the filth and grime and dirt that stops our light from shinning forth. If you decide to Be Love, then you are Love, especially if your mind is already peaceful.

With practiced self awareness we immediately recognise our fall from this point of divinity and quickly reset ourselves and before too long it shall become second nature.

If you wish to experience God then feel Love, if you give Love then you are demonstrating the Godliness within yourself and your "connection" will steadily increase.

You and I and God are One.

Love is the key.

Thank you, a good piece to read more than once.  Very wise.

Peace
Mark

16 hours ago, markdohle said:

Thank you, a good piece to read more than once.  Very wise.

Peace
Mark

Thanks Mark, thats good to hear..

I just wanted to add something else, when I am meditating, praying and affirming my magical formulas, I also feel the thing that I am saying, doing. For example when I chant I feel compassion within my heart and I allow it to radiate outwards. And when I am affirming the fact that I have forgiven everyone, including myself, then I get to feel the sensation of forgiving too.

I believe that this is an extraordinarily powerful practice. The ties that have bound me to the past feel like they have been cut away and the sense of freedom is immense.

Also the feeling of love and gratitude have a wonderful affect upon me and those I meet.

I stand back, watching the watcher, and really connect with Life, with God.

When I write this word - Bless - I feel it too.

I Bless you and anyone else reading this.

Peace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks Mark, thats good to hear..

I just wanted to add something else, when I am meditating, praying and affirming my magical formulas, I also feel the thing that I am saying, doing. For example when I chant I feel compassion within my heart and I allow it to radiate outwards. And when I am affirming the fact that I have forgiven everyone, including myself, then I get to feel the sensation of forgiving too.

I believe that this is an extraordinarily powerful practice. The ties that have bound me to the past feel like they have been cut away and the sense of freedom is immense.

Also the feeling of love and gratitude have a wonderful affect upon me and those I meet.

I stand back, watching the watcher, and really connect with Life, with God.

When I write this word - Bless - I feel it too.

I Bless you and anyone else reading this.

Peace.

I do believe that many people do what you are talking about but may not be as conscious oif it as you are.   Again thank you!

Peace

Mark

20 hours ago, markdohle said:

I do believe that many people do what you are talking about but may not be as conscious oif it as you are.   Again thank you!

Peace

Mark

Yes I believe you are right.

In some meditation, prayer, affirmation practice, we are telling, asking Ourself something positive yet we lack a true feeling, but with persistence we do start to feel that thing. For example, on a deep in-breath I will think to myself, "I love myself, my family, my neighbours, the whole planet, and anyone who harmed me in a previous lifetime." And on the long out-breath I think, "I.............Love."

This is a big ask and to begin with I felt a bit of a phoney, a bit of a fraud, because I wasn't feeling it. But now, after some practice I do feel that emotion very strongly, for that moment it feels like I am being warmed by my Soul. And that feeling can last a little longer each day. Touching the hearts of those you meet, demonstrating the Godliness within.

So when we set our motivation, when we say and feel a certain thing, and when we dedicate this feeling, this merit towards something uplifting - I see this as a alchemical process of the Mind. A transformation from one state of Being, to another.

I forgive, love and bless myself, my family, my neighbours, the whole planet and anyone who harmed me in a previous lifetime.

Thanks Mark

Peace.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 4:41 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Yes I believe you are right.

In some meditation, prayer, affirmation practice, we are telling, asking Ourself something positive yet we lack a true feeling, but with persistence we do start to feel that thing. For example, on a deep in-breath I will think to myself, "I love myself, my family, my neighbours, the whole planet, and anyone who harmed me in a previous lifetime." And on the long out-breath I think, "I.............Love."

This is a big ask and to begin with I felt a bit of a phoney, a bit of a fraud, because I wasn't feeling it. But now, after some practice I do feel that emotion very strongly, for that moment it feels like I am being warmed by my Soul. And that feeling can last a little longer each day. Touching the hearts of those you meet, demonstrating the Godliness within.

So when we set our motivation, when we say and feel a certain thing, and when we dedicate this feeling, this merit towards something uplifting - I see this as a alchemical process of the Mind. A transformation from one state of Being, to another.

I forgive, love and bless myself, my family, my neighbours, the whole planet and anyone who harmed me in a previous lifetime.

Thanks Mark

Peace.

When I say the "Our Father", when I come to the part about being forgiven and forgiving, I always bring in all that I have hurt and need mercy from as well as all those who have hurt me, even if forgotten.  I have come to understand that some of my issues flow from 'incidents' from my past (far past) even if forgotten they still have a hold on me.  Prayer for healing can be slow, hence the need for 'practice'.

Peace
Mark

• Like 1

8 hours ago, markdohle said:

When I say the "Our Father", when I come to the part about being forgiven and forgiving, I always bring in all that I have hurt and need mercy from as well as all those who have hurt me, even if forgotten.  I have come to understand that some of my issues flow from 'incidents' from my past (far past) even if forgotten they still have a hold on me.  Prayer for healing can be slow, hence the need for 'practice'.

Peace
Mark

Do you also generate the feeling of forgiveness, for yourself and everybody else too?

The meditation/prayer/affirmation that I do is very powerful. Afterwards I feel set free from my past indiscretions, but mainly from those who I believed had hurt me in the past. Because I have forgiven all those others unconditionally, I can forgive myself fully too. If we are going to awaken to this moment, we need to be free from regret and remorse and from harbouring animosity and violent thoughts against those who really did that nasty stuff.

If you like Mark, you could try this practice once or twice?

Sit in the classical meditation pose. Bring your hands together and say a little prayer, I like to say, "Thank you Lord - therefore - May the Divine Ruler show Himself more plainer to me, and send His messenger to me, to teach me the truth." 

Then I set my intention, something like, "I sit here now to forgive myself and those who have hurt me in the past. To free myself from the negativity that is holding me back."

Then I would take 4 or five deep breaths, each one a little deeper and longer than the last.

Then on the inhalation I think, "I forgive myself, my family, my neighbours, the whole planet, and anyone who has hurt me in a previous lifetime." You can see why it requires a deep, long in-breath lol!

And on the exhalation I think, "I.......f.o.r.g.i.v.e...."

All the time generating a strong feeling of forgiveness. Just let it go. Be happy that its out of your life. Hatred of self and other is now a thing of the past. You are now free to move forward with a pure smile and joyful heart.

I hope you don't mind me going-on about this, but it has helped me so much that I feel bound to share, especially in this thread. You could exchange the word and feeling of forgiveness, to love, and bless too? Its all powerful stuff.

After Ive finished this meditation I would dedicate all the merit made to "excellent conduct and the enlightenment of I."

Blessing of unity from Unity.

Thanks Mark

Neil.