Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Spirit Energy Actually Exist?

Aquila King

It's gone by many names.

• "Ki" (Japanese)
  • "Chi" (Chinese)
  • "Prana" (Indian)
  • "Mana" (Polynesian)
  • "Barraka" (Islamic)
  • etc.

It's also been called "The Biofield", "Vital Energy", "Life Energy", "The Aura", etc... But for the sake of simplicity, I'll simply refer to it as "Spirit Energy".

Does Spirit Energy actually exist? If so, then what exactly is it? I'm not going to say anything either way (at least not yet), I'm simply curious as to what possible explanations there are for and against it's existence, and as to the science of it (if it actually exists). Believers in it, please explain in detail what it is, how it works, and why you believe in it. Skeptics, try to give logical detailed responses as to why it doesn't exist, and explain in detail the supposed real science of what those who claim to use and feel this energy are actually doing (whether it be parlor tricks, misunderstood science, biological processes, etc.)

And so to begin, I'd like to show you an interesting video I found on the subject:

• Like 4

It's because of the power (energy) of spirit that the worst of imaginable and unimaginable things that occur in our lives, death of loved ones, abuse, torture, maltreatment of all kinds by others, you name it; is overcome and defeated by the triumph of the spirit.

These occurances in the lives of the individuals who achieve these victories are what constitutes those subjective experiences that prove personally that spirit reality is really real and true.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

Yes. It's electrochemical. 

FFNanimation.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28525-1403606156-4.

You can feel this energy by just sitting back listening to Goldsmith.

Electric Eels are grandmaster Chi masters.

Edited by davros of skaro
Eel
  • Like 5

What is a thought ? I mean we know brain activity is detected through electrical firings, but what is it? What controls a thought ? What is a thought made of ? What allows us to think independently of our animal nature ? Or is being sentient part of animal nature ?

• Like 1

A lot of it is suggestion. It's kind of like all of the people who fall down when a televangelist touches their foreheads. They may really be feeling a jolt that knocks them over, but is it the Holy Spirit? 

I would posit that if the Holy Spirit actually existed, it would have better things to do. 

I do think that sometimes people under extreme circumstances can actually produce phenomena, but I think it's rare and unruly. If it does occur, it's a symptom that things are out of balance. 

• Like 3

Depends on what your idea of spirit energy is whether it exists or not. I can say yes it does. Does my interpretation give you warm fuzzy feelings or the opposite.  That seems in the eyes of the beholder 

Energy is a system's ability to do work, it is not a noun. 

So rephrase the question and you may get a useful answer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

So... Is existance itself not a system requiring energy simply to exist?

And if so, all manner of being would be work. 

• Like 1

I believe spirit energy from beyond can manifest itself into reality in certain ways. For example I put a layer of white paint with a handbrush onto a wall that was very dark in color. The result is a series of drawings in the shadow of the dark through the white that forecast outcomes to major sporting events that turned out to be true!!! I even bet on one and won!!

• Like 2

Ok My take on it naturally ties into my experience with the cosmic or universal consciousness.

yes  spirit energy i exists. Yes it is a physical force or form of energy, and yes it can physically alter/transform  human beings  including healing giving courage  removing addictions etc

The cosmic conscious permeates everything and connects everything   This energy form is one of the material manifestations of the cosmic consciousness  You can see one understanding of it in the holy spirt of christinty bit othr undertsnadngs in eastern relgions and beliefs 

there are at least two powerful aspects to it The less powerful is the direct application of this energy form to teach, heal empower or transform a human being   

The less obvious but more significant aspect is the way it connects everything  It overcomes the separation of mind and body which humans think is our natural state and allows access to  other r minds and consciousnesses  This gives it incredible power as a teaching learning tool, but more significantly, once you come to understand it, it transforms your whole attitude NO longer is the world divided into you and others YOU ARE the others and the y are you   And just as you would not chose to hurt yourself  you can no longer chose to hurt another because this IS hurting you   

it gives gifts From strength and courage which you can feel flowing into your body, through peace tranquility and joy   to knowldge and power which it gives through sharing its knowledge and wisdom and showing you how other species all around the  galaxy live in peace. it also gives gifts like extending your consciousness or chi so you are never lost, you always find a parking spot and you are aware of you environment and so less endangered by it .   for me this has meant helping people find lost and stolen items,  by somehow knowing where the y are maybe because i can see into the mind of the person who lost it or stole  it  and get a good ida of its location .     You can ride on the universal consciousness to extend your consciousness and travel all around the world, visiting interesting places You can even travel to far star systems and visit  species living there 

So, for me, this spirit is a physical manifestation of the cosmic consciousness and,  when it enters my body, it transforms it physically and psychologically and gives me a small part of the abilites of the  cosmic consciousness

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Hate being pedantic, but of course the word energy can be a noun. A noun is the name of something 

energy

Word family noun energy adjective energetic energizing verb energize adverb energetically

We have kinetic energy, potential energy,  solar, and other forms of energy The Op asks if there is a form of energy that we might call spirit energy 
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

You can ride on the universal consciousness to extend your consciousness and travel all around the world, visiting interesting places You can even travel to far star systems and visit  species living there 

So, for me, this spirit is a physical manifestation of the cosmic consciousness and,  when it enters my body, it transforms it physically and psychologically and gives me a small part of the abilites of the  cosmic consciousness

Apparently a very 'small part'.  You can travel to distant star systems and visit species living there.... but you can't travel someplace on earth and simply tell them what object they have sitting on their desk.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Apparently a very 'small part'.  You can travel to distant star systems and visit species living there.... but you can't travel someplace on earth and simply tell them what object they have sitting on their desk.

That's the difference between imagination and reality. One can describe the intelligent arthropods of Centauri Prime in exquisite detail, but can't detect the autographed picture of B.B. King on another's desk, back here on Earth.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Actually i have done so, But i've also been open and honest about how this works, as far as i can understand it  When challenged on this task , I said i didn't think it was possible, but in the spirit of things I would give it a go. Then, when i couldn't, it was said i had failed in a claim.

In fact i had clearly said i doubted my abilty under the conditions imposed Eg how would i even know where to travel to to find the house  or identify it as the place i was seeking  While i have helped a very few people on UM it works much better when you are close to the person and can possibly extract the data form their mind  than to attempt it remotely  To give an analogy  from the mundane  world. I could find an address in bombay, and travel there by air or sea and train  if i was given, it and researched its location However if you said, "Come and see me in my home, that would be impossible as  I have no idea where your home is   Projecting your consciousness in real time and space involves knowing where you are going and how to get there just as it does in real life  If i had not found the local transport/communication portal for our solar system  just outside or solar system then i would not have reached other parts of the galaxy  That was like hopping on a train at one spot and instantly arriving at a destination. alog designed and constructed pathways 

And indeed on numerous occasions i have travel to and observed people in real time on earth and on a couple of occasions copped a lot of trouble for doing so. This is much easier to confirm simply by talking to the people you visited and observed  However in each case i either knew where they  lived or knew where theyy would be when i went to observe them  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Actually i have done so, But i've also been open and honest about how this works,

More like 'how it doesn't work', since it works so rarely.  I just wouldn't be bragging about viewing aliens in other star systems before you've attained a novice level at travelling around Earth.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

That's the difference between imagination and reality. One can describe the intelligent arthropods of Centauri Prime in exquisite detail, but can't detect the autographed picture of B.B. King on another's desk, back here on Earth.

Its easier to locate  centauri prime than the address of an unknown online writer, even though  Centauri prime is a construct of fiction.

Centaurus is a constellation with hundreds of stars 

Alpha centauri is a triple star system whose closest sun to earth  is actually  Proxima centauri. The first Planet found in the system  orbits proxima centauri and is known as  Proxima centauri b  It was only discovered in 2016 

I don't remember travelling there,but then i wouldn't necessarily have know its name, if i had  When you come out of a long range teleporter  of alien design you don't always know what your destination is :) 

However to clear up one error. Anyone who has watched "The last starfighter"  will know that Centaurans are of reptilian descent  not arthropodic :) 

12 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

More like 'how it doesn't work', since it works so rarely.  I just wouldn't be bragging about viewing aliens in other star systems before you've attained a novice level at travelling around Earth.

NOt bragging, simply telling interesting and true stories, and the point is, it shouldn't work at all, ever, yet it quite often does, and can be used for practical purposes as well as pure entertainment .   Ps i've travelled all over the earth using projection of consciousness It is one reason i've never had to travel in waking life.

Ive  sat on the top of the great pyramid and watched the sun rise, sat on the stones of machu picchu,  flown through the zambesi falls and the dust clouds raised by wildebeeste on the serengeti plains   Flown over the jungles of africa and south america  of africa and  Canada's wheat belt  Ive visited la paz  los angeles  london moscow  and other cities flow over the andes and down the main river systems of the world  I can describe the full sensory experience of each of these just a s if i was physically involved. I've visited pacific islands and examined in detail the great statues of easter island. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

NOt bragging, simply telling interesting and true stories, and the point is, it shouldn't work at all, ever, yet it quite often does, and can be used for practical purposes as well as pure entertainment .   Ps i've travelled all over the earth using projection of consciousness It is one reason i've never had to travel in waking life.

Or you have an active imagination.  The fact that this power almost never works lends potency to that explanation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Or you have an active imagination.  The fact that this power almost never works lends potency to that explanation.

The fact that it does work proves it is not imagination, however i give you that ,until i can verify an observation  independently i must assume it is simply dreaming  ANd 8 times out of ten when people have asked me for help in locating a lost/stolen object i have succeeded  About 20 % of the time i get no   knowledge and simply tell them this.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Its easier to locate  centauri prime than the address of an unknown online writer, even though  Centauri prime is a construct of fiction.

Centaurus is a constellation with hundreds of stars 

Alpha centauri is a triple star system whose closest sun to earth  is actually  Proxima centauri. The first Planet found in the system  orbits proxima centauri and is known as  Proxima centauri b  It was only discovered in 2016 

I don't remember travelling there,but then i wouldn't necessarily have know its name, if i had  When you come out of a long range teleporter  of alien design you don't always know what your destination is :) 

However to clear up one error. Anyone who has watched "The last starfighter"  will know that Centaurans are of reptilian descent  not arthropodic :) 

Ludicrous, since space-time is a much vaster area to search and you've no co-ordinates for even a hypothetical planet. Strange, isn't it, how all your fanciful nonsense is so, conveniently, unprovable? Now, don't start one of your other yarns about how, as a young man, you went on walk-about for twenty miles, blindfolded, without water or tucker, bare-footed and-never-the-less arrived safely at your destination.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Ludicrous, since space-time is a much vaster area to search and you've no co-ordinates for even a hypothetical planet. Strange, isn't it, how all your fanciful nonsense is so, conveniently, unprovable? Now, don't start one of your other yarns about how, as a young man, you went on walk-about for twenty miles, blindfolded, without water or tucker, bare-footed and-never-the-less arrived safely at your destination.

You don't actually read what i write do you  The way I travel to different star systems is via an already established network of communication and  transport  links. I just get on at the nearest station/portal and step through it to another destination Usually i have no idea where i am going or where i am, although, for example i can tell the centre of the galaxy by the number of stars in the sky  There is a perpetual light, in this area; not as bright as our sunlight but brighter than the moonlight  As i dont speak or read alien languages i cant find out where i am but looking through the eyes and minds of other creatures i can see what it is like and what is happening.

You are quite correct.  If i had to  find these star systems myself, it would require a lot of research to locate them, and even then it would take too long to travel to them without instantaneous transmission, from  one part of the galaxy to another  . Even if this should be my imagination you wont find any holes in it.  When i construct role playing games or stories, everything in them is coherent and  contextual and uses the known physical facts.

As it happens, as a young man and adult, i walked a lot more than 20 miles per day,  alone, in australian deserts and semi deserts,  before gps or other aids.  Not sure why I would  walk blindfold?  I think my longest single walk was on a remote rural road when my car broke down late one night and i had to walk 40 miles back to Whyalla where i lived  It was just getting light when someone stopped and picked me up a few miles out of town. 

However i was never lost, always knew where i was in relation to the landscape, and always reached, or returned to, my destination safely. Doing geocaching in my 50s i still walked over 10 miles in an afternoon to locate remote geo caches.   

And you don't need water or food for such a short walk    (20 miles is about  6 hours walking) although  it is prudent to carry some just in case.  Right now I am tracking the progress of a 55 year old female cousin who is walking from Melbourne to Geraldton across Australia. She is walking about 20 miles every day, sometimes more, pushing a hand cart with all her supplies You greatly underestimate human capabilities  I've also swum  6 miles and water skied about 50, each   in one go.           

12 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

You don't actually read what i write do you  The way I travel to different star systems is via an already established network of communication and  transport  links. I just get on at the nearest station/portal and step through it to another destination Usually i have no idea where i am going or where i am, although, for example i can tell the centre of the galaxy by the number of stars in the sky  There is a perpetual light, in this area; not as bright as our sunlight but brighter than the moonlight  As i dont speak or read alien languages i cant find out where i am but looking through the eyes and minds of other creatures i can see what it is like and what is happening.

You are quite correct.  If i had to  find these star systems myself, it would require a lot of research to locate them, and even then it would take too long to travel to them without instantaneous transmission, from  one part of the galaxy to another  . Even if this should be my imagination you wont find any holes in it.  When i construct role playing games or stories, everything in them is coherent and  contextual and uses the known physical facts.

As it happens, as a young man and adult, i walked a lot more than 20 miles per day,  alone, in australian deserts and semi deserts,  before gps or other aids.  Not sure why I would  walk blindfold?  I think my longest single walk was on a remote rural road when my car broke down late one night and i had to walk 40 miles back to Whyalla where i lived  It was just getting light when someone stopped and picked me up a few miles out of town. 

However i was never lost, always knew where i was in relation to the landscape, and always reached, or returned to, my destination safely. Doing geocaching in my 50s i still walked over 10 miles in an afternoon to locate remote geo caches.   

And you don't need water or food for such a short walk    (20 miles is about  6 hours walking) although  it is prudent to carry some just in case.  Right now I am tracking the progress of a 55 year old female cousin who is walking from Melbourne to Geraldton across Australia. She is walking about 20 miles every day, sometimes more, pushing a hand cart with all her supplies You greatly underestimate human capabilities  I've also swum  6 miles and water skied about 50, each   in one go.           

You are so predictable. Why others get so upset with you instead of laughing at the silly old git ya are and just chiding you, knowingly, is a mystery.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You are so predictable. Why others get so upset with you instead of laughing at the silly old git ya are and just chiding you, knowingly, is a mystery.

And that is it ? One line of personal l commentary and no other response?   It seems everyone is hesitant to debate  anything with me today.

Simply claiming disbelief is a fair position.

Making personal comments is cheap and easy, and is often  used to dismiss an opinion, and thus any need to respond to it.  

Pointing out a logical or rational flaw in a post, or an untruth, is of course, much more difficult and challenging.

I explained to you why crossing the galaxy does not require a knowledge of where to go or how to get there, because the transport networks just take you.

Possibly envisaging a destination might get you there but my voyages were random. I didn't have any knowledge, as a 13 year old or so, of the galaxy (actually I am not sure any one did that far back before space telescopes and the like)   I would enter a portal just outside our solar system and then fly straight out of another one half way across the galaxy within a second. I would end up somewhere i had no idea where, and generally i would not return to earth just wake up  while i was still  mentally "in" the destination.   Some nights i would only visit one planet or star system visiting the mind of a particular   species and observing their lives and civilizations,   and sometimes i would return to the same palce for several nights for further observation  On other occasions i did quick visits to 3 or 4  planets doing a quick fly by and overview passing through several portals between destinations.

The portals in space were fascinating. This was in the early 60s before any science  fiction had hit tv  As you flew through space all oyu would see was a sort of ripple in the space before you SOme were small and others as big   a s a football field.  it was hard to find the first one out in space from our own system  but once you went though one you  could return to it and connect to another destination  Then you just had to be careful to remember where the one you came out of was, in relationship to the planet or system.    

Edited by Mr Walker

Debate yet another chapter of your impromptu autobiography? What a yawn fest that would be.

• Like 3

On 11/4/2017 at 2:26 AM, Mr Walker said:

And that is it ? One line of personal l commentary and no other response?   It seems everyone is hesitant to debate  anything with me today.

Simply claiming disbelief is a fair position.

Making personal comments is cheap and easy, and is often  used to dismiss an opinion, and thus any need to respond to it.  

Pointing out a logical or rational flaw in a post, or an untruth, is of course, much more difficult and challenging.

I explained to you why crossing the galaxy does not require a knowledge of where to go or how to get there, because the transport networks just take you.

Possibly envisaging a destination might get you there but my voyages were random. I didn't have any knowledge, as a 13 year old or so, of the galaxy (actually I am not sure any one did that far back before space telescopes and the like)   I would enter a portal just outside our solar system and then fly straight out of another one half way across the galaxy within a second. I would end up somewhere i had no idea where, and generally i would not return to earth just wake up  while i was still  mentally "in" the destination.   Some nights i would only visit one planet or star system visiting the mind of a particular   species and observing their lives and civilizations,   and sometimes i would return to the same palce for several nights for further observation  On other occasions i did quick visits to 3 or 4  planets doing a quick fly by and overview passing through several portals between destinations.

The portals in space were fascinating. This was in the early 60s before any science  fiction had hit tv  As you flew through space all oyu would see was a sort of ripple in the space before you SOme were small and others as big   a s a football field.  it was hard to find the first one out in space from our own system  but once you went though one you  could return to it and connect to another destination  Then you just had to be careful to remember where the one you came out of was, in relationship to the planet or system.    

It would seem that travelling the vast expanse of space in your mind doesn't require knowledge either.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 3