Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump plans to release JFK Files

Uncle Sam

President Trump announced Saturday morning that he planned to release the tens of thousands of never-before-seen documents left in the files related to President John F. Kennedy’s assassination held by the National Archives and Records Administration.

“Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened,” Trump tweeted early Saturday.

Kennedy assassination experts have been speculating for weeks about whether Trump would disclose the documents. The 1992 Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act required that the millions of pages — many of them contained in CIA and FBI documents — be published in 25 years, by Oct. 26. Over the years, the National Archives has released most of the documents, either in full or partially redacted.

For More, Click Here

This is going to be interesting...

• Like 3

Diversionary tactics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Diversionary tactics.

I tend to agree.

Unless EVERYTHING is released, with ZERO redactions... It's a farce... and IMO, will still be an active cover-up... just like the 28 Pages' "release" with it's still, very many and large, redactions. :(

Diversionary tactics ? 

He's just following the law. The 25 years are up. It COULD have happened during Obama's reign, or the next presidents. It happened to happen during President Trump's watch. 

Or are we going to make THIS grounds for criticism as well ? 

Jeeezz... lets hope we don't have a solar eclipse during his presidency.... we'd never hear the END of the criticism !

• Like 6

Did anyone see this documentary?

It presents the evidence that the shot that killed JFK came from an AR15 rifle that was in the hands of a secret service agent who, sitting on the back of the the rear seat of the following open top SS Cadilac, reached down to pick up the rifle on the floor board in front of his seat and now, with gun in hand, swung around to look up towards where Oswalds shots were coming from and ACCIDENTALLY fired the shot that killed JFK.

If you haven't seen this documentary, it's very compelling. It makes sense too. That if it's true, then the SS and the government HAD TO cover it up.

How could they ever explain that it was actually an accidental shot made by those who are sworn to protect the President that killed him?

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Diversionary tactics ? 

He's just following the law. The 25 years are up. It COULD have happened during Obama's reign, or the next presidents. It happened to happen during President Trump's watch. 

Or are we going to make THIS grounds for criticism as well ? 

Jeeezz... lets hope we don't have a solar eclipse during his presidency.... we'd never hear the END of the criticism !

Yes it is the law... The President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act mandates that all JFK assassination records must be fully declassified by 26 October, 2017.

But no, it couldn't have happened on Obummer's reign, as he was already in his second term, and it couldn't have happened during the next President's actual term, as the date set was already set for this President's term. term.

But yes, it just so happens to be Trump as the President during the term when this law goes into effect.

If anything, it COULD have happened on a possible Clinton, or Jeb Bush watch as President, and thankfully THAT did not happen! :o 

I even mentioned that in a post here at UM last year sometime... that if either of those 2 won, we probably wouldn't see a release of the important documents at all for sure.

As I understand it... ALL the documents are to be released on October 26, 2017, with the exception that an agency that wished to keep stuff withheld, must submit so in writing to the President, and explain why, and the President has the option to honor that request or refuse.

I'm hopeful that Trump will refuse any agency request to keep files sealed, if asked. :yes: :tu:

I also recall the National Archives almost screaming to the Obummer Administration for some direction while they were compiling the JFK records last year, for this year's release, and the Obummer Administration not bothering to reply. I suppose figuring Hillary was a shoe-in to win, and they would simply comply with whatever requests come from whichever agencies(assuming those requests will come)... The CIA and the FBI still have the most still-classified files by far.

Just release the damned files already... ALL of them... UNREDACTED... and let the chips fall where they may... and perhaps the JFK assassination conspiracy/mystery can finally be exposed/put to rest.

It will be interesting to see what happens. But based on history, I'm not holding my breath.

If there's still huge amounts of files not released when all is said and done... well... you know :whistle:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Did anyone see this documentary?

It presents the evidence that the shot that killed JFK came from an AR15 rifle that was in the hands of a secret service agent who, sitting on the back of the the rear seat of the following open top SS Cadilac, reached down to pick up the rifle on the floor board in front of his seat and now, with gun in hand, swung around to look up towards where Oswalds shots were coming from and ACCIDENTALLY fired the shot that killed JFK.

If you haven't seen this documentary, it's very compelling. It makes sense too. That if it's true, then the SS and the government HAD TO cover it up.

How could they ever explain that it was actually an accidental shot made by those who are sworn to protect the President that killed him?

It's an interesting theory, I've scoured it, but I don't believe the answer lies there.

Not that I can say what the answer is though mind you.

But I certainly do not believe the Warren Commission's findings. :lol:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lemieux said:

It's an interesting theory, I've scoured it, but I don't believe the answer lies there.

Not that I can say what the answer is though mind you.

But I certainly do not believe the Warren Commission's findings. :lol:

Oswald was after Connelly, not Kennedy.

Connelly held Oswald up when he wanted to return home after defecting to the USSR.

But who knows what really happened. Can't wait to see all the redacted docs.

Guess we will actually find out that Oswald shot JFK.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Diversionary tactics.

In all fairness, I remember a candidate Trump saying that, once president, he would have released secret files (JFK, Area 51, the Saudis and 9/11, etc.) for the people to see and read. 

That said, it was like 10 personality changes ago, so who knows who lives in his head now? 

All in all I would say that definitely the timing is very convenient for him. 

It's basically killing two birds with a stone: it shows (to his core base) that he has a resemblance of coherence and at the same time distracts the public opinion. 

Anyway, like other posters already said, IF the files will be released, it's because he will do nothing, not because he will be a beacon of truth. 

Here's an interesting article about the files, basically it says that, even if unredacted, it's quite probable they will not change much about what we already know (and what we don't) 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jfk-files-what-are-they-trump-release-john-f-kennedy-assassination-lee-harvey-oswald-jack-ruby-a8013001.html

• Like 3

It will be quite a tour de force if Trump manages to pull this off -

The Mind Control Media will be caught between a rock and a hard place trying to brush anything positive
about Trump under the carpet while at the same time reporting on what could be a super deluxe news sensation -
(depending on what's in the classified material released)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bee said:

The Mind Control Media will be caught between a rock and a hard place trying to brush anything positive
about Trump under the carpet while at the same time reporting on what could be a super deluxe news sensation -

Shouldn't it be like Mind Spinning Media? 

Or Mind Sucking Media? 

Mind Seizing Media? 

Mind Shaping Media? 

Mind Shifting Media? 

Come on, that was lazy bee! 

9 hours ago, bee said:

I am really interested in what there's in the files, but thinking about it, I am not so sure it will be something groundbreaking. 

If it really was an inside job, we won't probably find "Yep, it was us. John, Michael and Duncan shot the target, we framed Oswald and then went to Moe's for a well deserved cold beer." 

• Like 1

I still say that rogues from the CIA and the Mafia worked together to kill JFK. Both had "reasons" for doing so since both felt betrayed by him. The former were angry over the Bay of Pigs, as well as the planned disassembling of them. The latter were decimated by Bobby even though they put his brother in the White House.  

On 10/21/2017 at 10:03 AM, RoofGardener said:

Diversionary tactics ? 

He's just following the law. The 25 years are up. It COULD have happened during Obama's reign, or the next presidents. ...

Wait... what?

If they could have been released before, why the hell weren't they?!

No, not talking speculation, but didn't somebody try to hand us some sort of justification... no matter how lame?

3 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Wait... what?

If they could have been released before, why the hell weren't they?!

No, not talking speculation, but didn't somebody try to hand us some sort of justification... no matter how lame?

Umm... I was being metaphorical. Had the Act come into force 5 years previously to its ACTUAL date - in an alternative reality - then the 25 years WOULD have fallen due in Obama's era. What I meant is that it is only a fluke of chance that the release date falls due during Trump's presidency. It is not a political act on his behalf. Despite this, some posters seem to be positioning themselves to criticise him for it anyway . :)

Consider the thread title; ".. trump plans to release jfk files". I don't think he has any choice in the matter... UNLESS.... other federal agencies apply to have the files redacted or suppressed.

So, in criticism of him, his tweet seemed like an attempt to take credit for something that would happen regardless !

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... I was being metaphorical....

Okay, my bad.

But the reminder of how redacted it is likely to be was all too depressing, and familiar. 

im excited to read through them. lol man i hope its not superrrrr long. But is this supposed to really tell us EVERYTHING that has been in question? Are these files going to debunk all conspiracy theorists over all the years?

4 hours ago, LucidElement said:

im excited to read through them. lol man i hope its not superrrrr long. But is this supposed to really tell us EVERYTHING that has been in question? Are these files going to debunk all conspiracy theorists over all the years?

Well, everything is relative, but according to this article I've shared (and that I suggest you to read):

Experts who have studied the assassination in detail believe there are around 3,100 previously unreleased files containing tens of thousands of never-before-seen material, some of which pertain to Oswald’s six-day trip to Mexico City around two months before the assassination.

But yet again 

The majority of historians who have studied the assassination do not believe the release of the documents will lead to any new bombshells or conclusive pieces of information on the assassination.

So we'll see. 

In my reasonably extensive ct experience, the release of the papers will only lead to more and new conspiracy theories.

• Like 2

I love how people think this is an accomplishment for Trump or that Trump is doing something noble. His only contribution to this is to do nothing...and he's doing that in spades.

45 minutes ago, Kismit said:

In my reasonably extensive ct experience, the release of the papers will only lead to more and new conspiracy theories.

Or perhaps... end them?

There hasn't been much attention on this, but damn .... it seems like nobody in the Establishment Media can form a complete sentence that does not include some sort of anti-Trump blather (and not just there, apparently) and this has nothing to do with him.

Maybe the people that have been grooving on half a century of theories can sense they are in for a let-down, and are already getting antsy about it?

Premature call, methinks. 

36 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Or perhaps... end them?

There hasn't been much attention on this, but damn .... it seems like nobody in the Establishment Media can form a complete sentence that does not include some sort of anti-Trump blather (and not just there, apparently) and this has nothing to do with him.

Maybe the people that have been grooving on half a century of theories can sense they are in for a let-down, and are already getting antsy about it?

Premature call, methinks.  

I may be wrong. I guess we will all know soon enough. 

Why don't we revisit this in a week or two and see.

By the way, in this instance when I say I might be wrong, I am just saying this for modesty sake. The papers will be released, there won't really be any smoking gun and the conspiratorial conversation will continue.

Let's look at how often the fake moon landing conspiracy is credibly debunked. And still returns to haunt us.

And even if there is smoking gun like information, because people will find "clues", they think lead to some degree of government/establishment lies. The conspiratorial conversation still carries on.

And if there is an actual smoking gun like, "It was Bill from accounts." Let's be honest this scenario is the least likely to happen. So it really is silly to think it will.

Then again I could be wrong, I'm not, but we will revisit that later.

• Like 3