Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump plans to release JFK Files

Uncle Sam

Breaking News

It's confirmed, The Trumpster is not going to release all of the JFK assassination records.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/26/politics/jfk-assassination-files-classified-document-release-donald-trump/index.html

Not surprising, as he's part of the exact same system as his predecessors.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

And if there is an actual smoking gun like, "It was Bill from accounts." Let's be honest this scenario is the least likely to happen. So it really is silly to think it will.

Damn it Bill! Always screwing up...

• Like 1

Has anyone read any of the released documents yet? I haven't... waiting for someone with more patience than I to point out something possibly interesting.

Edited by pallidin

9 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Has anyone read any of the released documents yet? I haven't... waiting for someone with more patience than I to point out something possibly interesting.

Nope... but, I'm guessing the brain won't be in the collection. 

- "President Orders Release of All Remaining Section 5 Records and More Precise Review for Remaining Redactions within Six Months"

- "The National Archives today released 2,891 records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy that are subject to the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 (JFK Act). These records are available for download online."

https://www.archives.gov/press/press-releases/nr18-05

Here's what they did release today...

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

About the remaining documents...

October 26, 2017

MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES

SUBJECT: Temporary Certification for Certain

Records Related to the Assassination

of President John F. Kennedy

The American public expects -- and deserves -- its Government to provide as much access as possible to the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records (records) so that the people may finally be fully informed about all aspects of this pivotal event. Therefore, I am ordering today that the veil finally be lifted. At the same time, executive departments and agencies (agencies) have proposed to me that certain information should continue to be redacted because of national security, law enforcement, and foreign affairs concerns. I have no choice --today -- but to accept those redactions rather than allow potentially irreversible harm to our Nation's security. To further address these concerns, I am also ordering agencies to re-review each and every one of those redactions over the next 180 days. At the end of that period, I will order the public disclosure of any information that the agencies cannot demonstrate meets the statutory standard for continued postponement of disclosure under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 (44 U.S.C. 2107 note) (the "Act").

Accordingly, by the authority vested in me as President and Commander in Chief by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby certify that all information within records that agencies have proposed for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act must be temporarily withheld from full public disclosure until no later than April 26, 2018, to allow sufficient time to determine whether such information warrants continued postponement under the Act. This temporary withholding from full public disclosure is necessary to protect against harm to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, or the conduct of foreign relations that is of such gravity that it outweighs the public interest in immediate disclosure.

I hereby direct all agencies that have proposed postponement of full disclosure to review the information subject to this certification and identify as much as possible that may be publicly disclosed without harm to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, or conduct of foreign relations.

Any agency that seeks to request further postponement beyond this temporary certification shall adhere to the findings of the Act, which state, among other things, that "only in the rarest cases is there any legitimate need for continued protection of such records." The need for continued protection can only have grown weaker with the passage of time since the Congress made this finding. Accordingly, each agency head should be extremely circumspect in recommending any further postponement of full disclosure of records. Any agency that seeks further postponement shall, no later than March 12, 2018, report to the Archivist of the United States (Archivist) on the specific information within particular records that meets the standard for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act. Thereafter, the Archivist shall recommend to me, no later than March 26, 2018, whether the specific information within particular records identified by agencies warrants continued withholding from public disclosure after April 26, 2018.

The Archivist is hereby authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

###

The White House - 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW · Washington DC 20500 · 202-456-1111

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:52 PM, Lemieux said:

Unless EVERYTHING is released, with ZERO redactions... It's a farce... and IMO, will still be an active cover-up... just like the 28 Pages' "release" with it's still, very many and large, redactions. :(

So it's a "cover-up" still, is it then :rolleyes:

President John F Kennedy would want all the records released... probably much sooner :yes:

Here's JFK's thoughts on "secrets", "secret societies" and so on...

Notice the last line...

- "And there is a grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment."

Looking back on the last 50+ years, IMO, he called that one out pretty damn good :yes:

Edited by Lemieux

25 minutes ago, Lemieux said:

President John F Kennedy would want all the records released... probably much sooner :yes:

Notice the last line...

- "And there is a grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment."

Looking back on the last 50+ years, IMO, he called that one out pretty damn good :yes:

That part was followed by a big 'but' and he asked the press to consider whether, or not, what they published was in the interest of national security.

Okay, so I flipped through them and read some random previously withheld "In part" stuff and it was pretty boring.  Flipping through the previously withheld "In full" stuff was more interesting, but it was all Bay of Pigs type stuff.  Haven't really seen anything on the assassination at all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Okay, so I flipped through them and read some random previously withheld "In part" stuff and it was pretty boring.  Flipping through the previously withheld "In full" stuff was more interesting, but it was all Bay of Pigs type stuff.  Haven't really seen anything on the assassination at all.

Same here.. just randomly searching.. though I'll admit hvnt spent much time in the past researching the jfk murder.  

I will mention this though... I googled the National Archives early today and found it odd it took as long as it did to release the pdf's.  7:30(EST) 

8 hours ago, Kismit said:

I may be wrong. I guess we will all know soon enough. 

Why don't we revisit this in a week or two and see.

Yeah, I'm afraid you are right.

I just saw the size of this document dump... better let the more knowledgable folks sort through it first. 

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

Yeah, I'm afraid you are right.

I just saw the size of this document dump... better let the more knowledgable folks sort through it first. 

The more knowledgeable and the more fanatical 

Well, the CIA is one of the agencies that has requested certain documents to be withheld.

What has the CIA got to do with the assassination of a president... on US soil ?

Edited by RoofGardener

11 hours ago, Lemieux said:

"Just don't tell my wife".

• Like 1

Not sure I would have released all this stuff if I were president with the current political state.  Saw a CIA file on how Cuba was trying to be a "peaceful" and "responsible" nation to the world in a step by step list and how the CIA was trying to derail it.  Read another file with the names of the leaders, boats and team sizes of the Bay of Pigs Invasion with a bit of background on the leaders.  Stuff on the various anti-Castro groups in the US and Cuba and how to use them to overthrow Cuba.  Taken together, it clearly pictures us as aggressors willing to do anything including lie, manipulate, and murder to overthrow another country. 

North Korea, Iran, and the like could use this dump as "evidence" that the US is hostile and deceptive, thus gathering support for their need for nukes and to discredit what we say about them.

I'll poke through them some more today, but it is increasingly looking like Cuba stuff more than assassination stuff.

11 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, the CIA is one of the agencies that has requested certain documents to be withheld.

What has the CIA got to do with the assassination of a president... on US soil ?

What are they holding?

Got a link for that?

11 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Possibly nothing.  It seems to be just a dump of all things classified in that era.

The Soviet leadership thought that they would be blamed for it. They thought that American rightists would use the murder as a pretext for war, which is not too crazy of a thought when you look at Operation Northwoods and other plots. You wonder about the contents of the files that *weren't* released. Would they really greatly damage our security if they were released after all these years of constant geopolitical change?

• 3 weeks later...