Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Five Former Presidents Make An Appearance

susieice

This is a class act. All five living former Presidents appeared before a concert to raise money for the victims of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Regardless of political party, this is the way things should be when our country faces the tragedies these storms caused. I applaud them all. The elder George Bush made his appearance in a wheelchair, as his health has been declining due to Parkinson's Disease.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/21/former-presidents-lead-texas-concert-for-hurricane-relief.html

• Like 8

Is that not Bill Clinton or does the caption directly under the photo just not mention him. Lol.

Former Presidents, left to right, Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and Barack Obama appeared together Saturday for the first time since 2013.  (AP Photo/LM Otero)

Edited by Kurzweil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kurzweil said:

Is that not Bill Clinton or does the caption directly under the photo just not mention him. Lol.

lol. I didn't notice that! Clinton is mentioned in the article, but he isn't mentioned under the photograph. Probably just a misprint, but ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kurzweil said:

It's the Giant Left Wing Conspiracy again to airbrush him out of history! See, Hillary was right ! I'm just surprised they didn't replace him with Leon Trotsky <_<

• Like 4

Sad to see George HW like that. He was about the last one I had any respect for. And a genuine war hero.

• Like 3

Did they not invite Trump?  Having him stand next to Obama and the other former presidents for a positive non-political charity would have gone a long way towards showing American unity.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Did they not invite Trump?  Having him stand next to Obama and the other former presidents for a positive non-political charity would have gone a long way towards showing American unity.

Trump is still involved in politics. The others have retired. I don't think there was a way that, if he was invited, it wouldn't have turned out to become a political event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

But he's not a former president...

yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Trump did not appear but he did send a message. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/politics-shoved-us-presidents-unite-hurricane-relief-concert/story?id=50632768

http://www.wtae.com/article/all-former-us-presidents-hurricane-relief-concert/13063170

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Sad to see George HW like that. He was about the last one I had any respect for. And a genuine war hero.

Sad to see him working to generate money for charity?  I don't get it.

30 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

No, in a wheelchair like he is now, of course

• Like 2

Senior is swollen pretty bad... Doesn't Carter still live in Georgia? Very down to earth guy and makes himself accessible to us gen pops. Still very full of ideas.

• Like 3

I know Carter was diagnosed with cancer, but he looks great. Bill Clinton is now a vegetarian because of his heart attack. Clinton is also known to have attacked Obama's policies. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kurzweil said:

Just noticed when I went back into the original post, Clinton's name is there in the picture caption now.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Agent0range said:

I'm kinda baffled how you came to this conclusion from Manfred's quote.  

Edited by Why not
  • Like 2