Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible alien/paranormal visit?

Brad87

Just wanted to share a recent experience I had. In fact I've had these experiences many times before in my lifetime but felt I now needed some rational explanation as to what is going on. I'm far from religious and any spiritual driven beliefs as I generally have a very scientific view of the world. I am also a strong believer in aliens or other lifeforms like ourselves in the known universe. However this experience could just meet the typical description of sleep paralysis. Either way, I wanted to share it. 

I've always had a strong fear of the dark and relaxing/sleeping in the dark from as young as I can remember as I feel I'm being watched. I get this strong instinct that if something bad is going to happen to me (say alien abduction or anything paranormal) it's only going to happen in the dark and therefore I occasionly have to go to sleep with a small light on as I feel it deters any bad entities or paranormal things from happening.  The very first experience I remember I had was when I was about 6 years old and this 'presence' approached me from afar in my room during the night and I was completely paralysed and unable to fight it off. I'm now 30 and in the last 2-3 years the experiences I've been having seem to be getting more intense and frequent. 

What I experienced early this morning (5am) is something that seems to be happening now at least once every 3 months. In the last few months I've generally been sleeping well, even sleeping without the light on, unafraid of the darkness. However last night I was particularly concerned about going to sleep as I was convinced that if I did, 'something' or 'someone' would come to pay me what I have come to call a 'visit'. It's almost like this built in pre-warning system as every time I've had these strong instinctive feelings, I've then gone on to have a traumatic 'visit'.  

So I was sleeping on and off from 11pm to about 4.30am when I fell victim to this 'visit'. I knew it was going to happen. I do everything I can to stop it from happening but am unable to prevent it. I always clearly remember the moments I am subject to these 'visits' as all of a sudden within the time it takes to blink it all happens. I am fully self-aware of my mind and my surrounding environment as if I'm fully awake but am completely paralsyed with my eyelids unable to open. A typical visit as I call it, lasts about 2-3 minutes but it's extremely distressing. Throughout the ordeal there is a blinding white light in my face - even though I can't open my eyes I know the light is strong. I am pretty much fully immobile at this point. I don't feel restrained in anyway or like there is a crushing presence on my chest but I do know that this entity on my right hand side standing over my bed has some form of an agenda. 

I tried to move my right arm to try and fight this entity and could actually feel the physical contact my hand had on it's body, so I knew something was there but I was overpowered. However I knew it really didn't like me retaliating as all the time I was struggling and fighting it with my right arm it made this chilling high pitched cry almost like a cat screaming out in pain. At the same time this was going on, I felt two sharp excuritating pains in my lower left abdomen which were about 30 seconds apart. Shortly after, it was all over. I knew it had gone and I was able to open my eyes. 

Obviously the first thing I did next was put the light on and check my lower left abdomen for any marks, but there wasn't any. I do feel slight pain in the area but that's it. It's funny because after all of this I feel strangely relaxed and unafraid of falling asleep because in my mind I feel I know 'it' won't be back to visit me again for a good month or so and it's now left this earth. 

All the experiences I've had over the years are similar but they seem to be getting more extreme. It's the first time I've experienced any kind of physical pain during an ordeal. I've also previously experienced in one of these 'visits' what can only be described as distinct high pitched alternating tones moving all over my body. Again, I felt no crushing pressure on top of me, just being unable to move. To me I was almost certain it was a medical scanning type device of some sort. Again, when I try to fight I hear sounds from this entity, in that particular experience it was a harsh hissing sound. 

My experiences seem more alien orientated rather than anything paranormal yet I've never been able to recall seeing a distinct face so can't categorically describe it as a typical alien grey but I get the feeling that's what this 'entity' is. Something which makes me think it could be more alien related is that I have also suffered for years with tinnitus in my right ear. I can also feel a small ball shaped lump under the back of right ear. People on alien abduction forums say it's a classic trait that you have an 'implant' - however I'm not convinced. I guess it's easy to get swept up in the idea that it could be anything but a perfectly rational explanation especially if you believe in aliens as I do. 

Of course I can't rule out the possibility that it's all in my mind and nothing is actually happening but this recent experience has really made me think, what if it's not? I would be keen to hear other peoples thoughts (other than the fact I might be totally crazy). 

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Anonymous12321 said:

Im almost certain thats sleep paralysis. 

But even that doesn't settle the question. The sleep paralysis state may also be the most conducive state for an entity to do whatever. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But even that doesn't settle the question. The sleep paralysis state may also be the most conducive state for an entity to do whatever. 

Well when you have sleep paralysis you can see, feel, and hear things are not here. So what he felt and heard may have just been the sleep paralysis. Sure I believe in the paranormal, but as for aliens I think that all there would be is like bacteria or simple life forms but as for complex life I think that is not really possible with our understanding of space. Sleep paralysis can be incredibly realistic. 

Just now, Anonymous12321 said:

Well when you have sleep paralysis you can see, feel, and hear things are not here. So what he felt and heard may have just been the sleep paralysis. Sure I believe in the paranormal, but as for aliens I think that all there would be is like bacteria or simple life forms but as for complex life I think that is not really possible with our understanding of space. Sleep paralysis can be incredibly realistic. 

OK, that's your opinion. My opinion is that aliens do things with people without their consent. That is only a possibility in the OP's case of course. I am just saying that the sleep paralysis state may be a state conducive for entities to do their thing without struggle. They may even induce the state too when needed.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

OK, that's your opinion. My opinion is that aliens do things with people without their consent. That is only a possibility in the OP's case of course. I am just saying that the sleep paralysis state may be a state conducive for entities to do their thing without struggle. They may even induce the state too when needed.

Alright. I cant change your opinion. I just think its more likely to be sleep paralysis then other life.

1 minute ago, Anonymous12321 said:

I just think its more likely to be sleep paralysis then other life.

I'm not trying to change you opinion but I was just saying it could be 'both'.

• 4 weeks later...

Sleep paralysis is a b****. Luckily, I'm down to maybe 3 or 4 times per year, but it still terrifies the hell out of me.

When you feel a case of it coming on, try some Tylenol PM before bed. That helps with mine.

That sounds like a very racional description of a sleep paralysis event. Those events can be terrifying and often people add a lot more details that make the whole story sound more paranormal. This description was very down to Earth. Good job keeping your head relatively cool through the ordeal!