Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Perplexing Orbs

Morgus

I have attached 6 of my  short videos. Your critique would be very much appreciated as I try to understand what it is I am filming. At this time, I believe they are spherical creatures that move through the sky under their own power with purpose and intention interacting with the world around them.

1. Shows orbs in pouring rain.
https://www.facebook.com/Orbservation/posts/1462129390544779

2. Shows orbs reacting to camera flashes
https://youtu.be/6WYX2ISR6MM

3. Shows an orb I captured both on video and camera at the same moment.
https://youtu.be/u6kCnNsNY_I

4. Shows a number of orbs just being orbs
https://youtu.be/PyLcVLqZX7Y

5. Shows a single white orb in my backyard
https://youtu.be/d5DA7LUpAh8

6. Show orbs moving behind and in front of objects
https://youtu.be/iB7iHw60UW0

Thank you,
Michael Craig

well known and well understood camera artifacts. Nothing spooky or unexplained.

Tried watching one of your vids but it kept freezing....however, before it froze it said "you will prove they are something else"   or words similar

so, tell me in your own words how you can prove these are NOT dust specks and camera artefacts?   Please dont tell me to Watch a vid.... just type please?

• Like 1

We need precise details of time, location, and, especially, photographic equipment used - and ideally raw images.   And why all in infrared when, as we all know, "orbs" appear perfectly well in normal visible light photography?

As it is we have no reference point for even the time of day (or night) let alone size, distance, speed etc of the alleged objects nor of ambient conditions, including lighting.

Other than that, cleverly done ;)

Whatever I am filming is something I am unable to see without infrared. I film these “orbs” or circles moving behind objects, in front of objects, moving between objects, as can be seen in my videos. I use bushnell infrared night vision binoculars. I also take flash pictures with a Panasonic digital camera. All my videos are posted on my YouTube page as provided below. Please ask additional follow up questions as you view my

videos.

10 minutes ago, Morgus said:

Please ask additional follow up questions as you view my videos.

why?  Orbs were debunked years ago

• Like 1

Seeder,

In one of my videos I show an “orb” moving about in the rain... how can that be dust or a water droplet? Please explain what you mean by camera artifact ... thanks

3 minutes ago, Morgus said:

Seeder,

In one of my videos I show an “orb” moving about in the rain... how can that be dust or a water droplet? Please explain what you mean by camera artifact ... thanks

do read about Orbs and camera artefacts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)

• Like 1

Seeder,

I do not know what orbs “they” say have been debunked, because I am certainly filming something that is spherical in the night sky.. watch a video and then tell me why I am filming has been debunked. Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morgus said:

Seeder,

I do not know what orbs “they” say have been debunked, because I am certainly filming something that is spherical in the night sky.. watch a video and then tell me why I am filming has been debunked. Thanks

read the link I posted

Essay,

i am in North east Florida and normally film after 9pmin my backyard for the most part. I use bushnell infrared night vision binoculars and Panasonic digital flash camera. I film in all conditions and seasons of the year.

Thanks for the article and I have read it and others and they are irrelevant to my infrared night vision filming.  See my films.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morgus said:
I have attached 6 of my  short videos. 

Thanks for sharing. I do believe orbs are sometimes spiritual manifestations. The so-called skeptics here (though not really skeptics,  but just anti-paranormal) just jump to their pet theories. Your technical expertise is beyond mine so I am not going to try to debunk you. I think there is a good chance you are onto something real (at least 50% or greater).

11 minutes ago, seeder said:

do read about Orbs and camera artefacts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)

2 hours ago, Essan said:

We need precise details of time, location, and, especially, photographic equipment used - and ideally raw images.   And why all in infrared when, as we all know, "orbs" appear perfectly well in normal visible light photography?

As it is we have no reference point for even the time of day (or night) let alone size, distance, speed etc of the alleged objects nor of ambient conditions, including lighting.

Other than that, cleverly done ;)

Not sure what you are implying, but I assure you what you see is what I filmed. No CG or deception involved in anyway!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, seeder said:

why?  Orbs were debunked years ago

You must realize that is just a claimed debunking of the entire phenomena. I have never heard full acceptance by all.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You must realize that is just a claimed debunking of the entire phenomena. I have never heard full acceptance by all.

funny how Orbs were never seen in photos.....UNTIL.... digital cameras and phone cameras were invented....isnt it?

Debunk that.....lol, if you can

Just now, seeder said:

funny how Orbs were never seen in photos.....UNTIL.... digital cameras and phone cameras were invented

I question if that is true but I don't know. But either way, @Morgus is saying they are not visible to the naked eye, so it seems reasonable  that more advanced technology would be needed for human detection.

From an article I was looking at

FACT - ORBS have appeared on camera on command.

FACT - ORBS have images and pictures inside them when you zoom into them.

FACT - ORBS also appear on video camera in daylight with no flash used, so it's not just digital camera.

FACT - ORBS have been investigated by Dr Miceal Ledwith, that under controlled conditions showed that orbs are not reflected light but what is known in physics as " fluoresence".

FACT - ORBS have been also investigated by Dr Klaus Heinemann PHD of NASA and UCLA, experimental physicist, under controlled conditions using multiple cameras showed that orbs have intelligence when asked to appear on camera under the direction of the photographer.

I can at least 100% definitely say that orbs are not considered debunked by everyone

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I question if that is true but I don't know. But either way, @Morgus is saying they are not visible to the naked eye, so it seems reasonable  that more advanced technology would be needed for human detection.

From an article I was looking at

FACT - ORBS have appeared on camera on command.

FACT - ORBS have images and pictures inside them when you zoom into them.

FACT - ORBS also appear on video camera in daylight with no flash used, so it's not just digital camera.

FACT - ORBS have been investigated by Dr Miceal Ledwith, that under controlled conditions showed that orbs are not reflected light but what is known in physics as " fluoresence".

FACT - ORBS have been also investigated by Dr Klaus Heinemann PHD of NASA and UCLA, experimental physicist, under controlled conditions using multiple cameras showed that orbs have intelligence when asked to appear on camera under the direction of the photographer.

I can at least 100% definitely say that orbs are not considered debunked by everyone

Try looking at better articles and no ghost websites who need all the BS help they can get to keep their lousy theories generating website hits

better for you to search something intelligent like  "Photography forums, orbs"    then you will know you are among experts in the field... and have real FACTS

who the F is an expert on a ghost website?

will you next be posting links to Fairy websites to prove to me fairies exist?

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Try looking at better articles and no ghost websites who need all the BS help they can get to keep their lousy theories generating website hits

better for you to search something intelligent like  "Photography forums, orbs"    then you will know you are among experts in the field... and have real FACTS

who the F is an expert on a ghost website?

will you next be posting links to Fairy websites to prove to me fairies exist?

We can go on and on of course, but you must first acknowledge @Morgus  evidence does not deserve an unexamined dismissal.

What about Rods? Anyone want revive those clearly debunked camera artifacts while they are rolling their eyes up into their skulls and drooling over weirdness?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Morgus said:

Seeder,

Could be a bug, you are outside after all. 

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks for sharing. I do believe orbs are sometimes spiritual manifestations. The so-called skeptics here (though not really skeptics,  but just anti-paranormal) just jump to their pet theories. Your technical expertise is beyond mine so I am not going to try to debunk you. I think there is a good chance you are onto something real (at least 50% or greater).

Thanks for the comment... My perspective is a bit different, in that, I do not believe orbs are supernatural or paranormal but they are natural and normal. I believe they are somewhere near an insect. I have filmed 100’s of hours and they seem very common.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

View my orb video education library if you want to be up to date on what I film nightly and compare what I have filmed with the old outdated irrelevant information.... thanks!

Just now, Morgus said:

I believe they are somewhere near an insect.

I'm open-minded. Can you elaborate? I am not sure what you mean by that.

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm open-minded. Can you elaborate? I am not sure what you mean by that.

What I am filming with infrared night vision  can be filmed at anytime right outside in my backyard. They are mixed in with regular insects and hang around I groups sometimes and are alone sometimes. Yet, they are spherical unlike any other insect. Watch my videos to understand what I am saying. Nothing I have seen in anyway would suggest paranormal. They have an intelligence as I have shown in my videos. Very perplexing....thanks

• The topic was locked