Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeder

Scary Peeper Creeper mask banned

7 posts in this topic

Home Depot pulling Scary Peeper Creeper from stores
Toronto-area woman complains the decoration 'makes light of a serious crime'

Home Depot says it will pull the Scary Peeper Creeper from its shelves after a woman who saw the Halloween window decoration in a Markham, Ont., store complained it makes light of predatory behaviour against women.

Equipped with suction cups for mounting outside a window, the decoration costs $29 and features the full-sized head, face and hands of a creepy-looking, hooded man peering into a window. The decoration is made to look life-like, not cartoonish.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/programs/metromorning/scary-peeper-creeper-home-depot-pulled-1.3778649

I can see  how this would scare you and make you jump etc...

But I still want one :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFh9p2Fg17M

We bought a similar one at a party store, they had this same one there too though. The guy who owns the store said that last year, he couldn't keep them in stock long enough. Once in a while, I like to put mine in the car looking out at night. Anyone thinking of coming too close to my car should get a nice startle. :lol:

3 people like this

I'd like to figure out how to get one of these on my office cube neighbor's window.... we are on the 15th floor. :P

4 people like this

7 hours ago, BiffSplitkins said:

I'd like to figure out how to get one of these on my office cube neighbor's window.... we are on the 15th floor. :P

Slip the window cleaner a couple of beer tokens.

3 people like this

I think if people used it on the inside, it would be understood as a decoration. Otherwise, someone could actually end up calling the police. 

1 person likes this

I feel like an article similar to this happened at this time last year as well :blink:

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like an article similar to this happened at this time last year as well :blink:

The linked article is from last year.

Edited by sarah_