Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help! I may have a spirit trying 2 contact me

Msjlhunter

Hi everyone, so basically i moved into a new house about 4 weeks ago now!

The landlady said that one of the lights in the dining room constantly keep blowing, i never thought anything of it until this afternoon..

Also, the other day i put the washer on. Everything was fine but as soon as i put the dryer on, the fuse box tripped and turned the full circuit off.. Attached to the circuit is the washer, dryer and dish washer! My partner was adiment it was my dryer that was making it trip but i was totally against this idea.

While i was still in bed my partner but the washer and dryer all all separate and said everything was fine. As soon as i used it, it started tripping out again..

While he was at work today i used the washer and dryer together to see if anything happened... Guess what?? They worked absolutely fine without any issues. So, while they where doing their thing i thought i would watch some TV.. However, my TV would not work. The red standby light was on so usually i'd press the button on the remote to turn it on but nothing at all would turn it on.. I turned if on and off at the wall, on and off by the TV, i even changed the batteries in the remote but still nothing..

I told my partner when he came in from work, all he did was press the button on the remote and it started working!!!!!!! This really annoyed me as i had been trying for hours to get this working but it just wouldn't.........

The last thing, i am constantly cold in this house.. I have the heating on but my hands are always freezing and i have goose pimples on my arms and my chest area!

Any advise that anyone could offer would be great. 

Thanks

Jen x

• Like 1

What kind of remote do you have? 

I have one of these and if you accidentally hit DVR, Aux, VCR you won't be able to turn the TV on.

IMG_0263.JPG

• Like 1

Hey SecretSanta

No, the remote I have had the red button at the top... I’ve had the same TV for over a year now so it isn’t new or anything. 

How would you explain everything else I mentioned?!

Personally, I would think it was something to do with the wiring since you also have issues with a light blowing all the time. 

I've heard of people having issues with strange electrical phenomena. Bulbs blowing, computers freezing up, batteries in watches dying, etc.. I think they call themselves sliders. Never met one though.

Ever consider the possibility of short circuit and power surge? Are there any other things that might contribute to you ideation of attributing strange perception of lights to paranormal activity? Perhaps your poor blood circulation and perfusion would be indicative of poor oxygenation to the brain and caused anxiety other things? May be a good idea to see your doctor to do a whole body checkup. Paying more attention to cardiac function and haemoglobin level. 

• Like 1

regarding the light in dining room, it takes years for a led or cfl bulb to burn out and by your explanation it seems like you are using old incandescent bulbs, if that's the case then better get new led bulb. 

Hi Msjl, I had a similar problem with always being cold in a warm house so I went to the Doctors and explained, and it turned out that I had severe anaemia and had to have 3 pints of blood transfusion and have to take an iron pill for the rest of my life as my blood count was well below the normal..I'm ok now but if I had left it I would be dead by now. As far as electrics go , have you the right fuses in your electric box as you need 13 amp for any heating appliance such as the kettle, an iron, microwave etc, and it also depends on how old the house wiring is as you may be overloading the circuits if you are using all items at the same time. If  this is only happening to you I suggest that "spirits" are not involved .I've had odd happenings in my home and there has always been a solution to the problem when its checked out. My apologies if you aren't happy with my answers Best Wishes S.T.M.

Hey S.T.M

Thank you for your reply..

As it happens (for health reasons) I had all my bloods checked last Friday and they all came back fine..

The house is old but my mother and father in-law bought it for us. They did it had a project, there for all new central heating system was out in along with new wiring as it was very old. A couple had lived in here for 50+ yrs before moving on (I assume they have passed away).

jen

8 minutes ago, Msjlhunter said:

Hey S.T.M

Thank you for your reply..

As it happens (for health reasons) I had all my bloods checked last Friday and they all came back fine..

The house is old but my mother and father in-law bought it for us. They did it had a project, there for all new central heating system was out in along with new wiring as it was very old. A couple had lived in here for 50+ yrs before moving on (I assume they have passed away).

jen

Well I guess you have some unexplained mysteries , sorry I couldn't help more , cheers.

• Like 1

Light still blowing, dryer and washer tripping out, but partners mum and dad have rechecked.

All due respect, are they qualified electricians? 

Maybe your other half wasn't operating the washer and dryer correctly, if it's a hot wash and a high temp on the dryer, it will draw more current than cooler operation. Maybe the fuse rating is incorrect for the appliances. 

Get a second opinion, pay for it, before you wake up in a charred shell of a house.

Electrics play up all the time, was watching the conjuring and the remote for the tablet box was flashing, only lights up when the pad is touched. 

Was it Annabelle? Nooooo, just a dodgy remote. 

The water heater used to trip out, our wiring is old. Was a faulty element. Changed it and all fine.

Had a brand new TV, little after a year it started working intermittently, turning off and on, turns out it was over heating thanks to dust in the vents, nothing at all sinister.

Get your self checked again, could be bad circulation if your cold all the time.

• Like 3

if an entity is trying to communicate with you, it would not just make all your electronic appliances go haywire. And wouldn't be just electronics. If it was really an entity trying to communicate. He hasn't been successful in finding an effective communication channel. Nor smart enough to figure out that his message is not being communicated across. If an entity that is dumb enough to not find a more effective alternative communication method. It's indicative of lacking consciousness. Examples of this kind of entity may include ongoing electrical faults that are recurring and not addressed, frequent power surge that regularly fries your appliances are more likely. May be try installing power surge protection Some of the electrical wall sockets which your appliances are plugged in to rule out the issues.  A paranormal entity you might be referring to would be expected to have some sort of freewill and intelligence to pick a specific person to communicate to. And long history of repeatedly tripping your home appliances making no sense beside making you anxious is an obvious indicator of absolute lacks of intelligence or form of wills. 

1 hour ago, Starbucks said:

if an entity is trying to communicate with you, it would not just make all your electronic appliances go haywire. And wouldn't be just electronics. If it was really an entity trying to communicate. He hasn't been successful in finding an effective communication channel. Nor smart enough to figure out that his message is not being communicated across. If an entity that is dumb enough to not find a more effective alternative communication method. It's indicative of lacking consciousness. Examples of this kind of entity may include ongoing electrical faults that are recurring and not addressed, frequent power surge that regularly fries your appliances are more likely. May be try installing power surge protection Some of the electrical wall sockets which your appliances are plugged in to rule out the issues.  A paranormal entity you might be referring to would be expected to have some sort of freewill and intelligence to pick a specific person to communicate to. And long history of repeatedly tripping your home appliances making no sense beside making you anxious is an obvious indicator of absolute lacks of intelligence or form of wills. 

Sorry but that is pretty dumb. Ongoing electrical problems = entity lacking consciousness. 

Echoing previous posts; if you’re not afraid to evolve into a piece of charcoal, believe it’s paranormal.

To OP: Just get a professional registered electrician to sort it out. It might be costly, but it’s the responsibility and obligation of your partners mum and dad (landlords) who own the property. If you’re worried about souring the relationship, think about what you’d prefer; death, or annoyed (but better off with a house they own with good electrics) inlaws?

Edit: Unless it’s just your dodgy appliances (it’s a possibility)? Anyways, I hope you’ve got decent home and contents insurance!

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 1