Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

Mystery surrounds poisoned trees in Norfolk

8 posts in this topic

My first suspects would be anyone that has applied for a solar panel grant and had it refused because the trees are in the way.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

My first suspects would be anyone that has applied for a solar panel grant and had it refused because the trees are in the way.

Or the trees are blocking light to their property. But either way, they would be obvious suspects. Surely anyone living that close wouldn't be stupid enough to do it?

13 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Or the trees are blocking light to their property. But either way, they would be obvious suspects. Surely anyone living that close wouldn't be stupid enough to do it?

If they think they can get away with it they might, the burden of proof is with the authorities and I can't see how anything could be proven without vids/pics and/or finding the tools and chemicals used.

Residents at Koolunga House, which is divided into seven flats, have offered a £700 reward for information.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-41722264

Perhaps it was someone hoping to occupy one of the flats and was turned down.

1 person likes this

Someone probably resented having their view blocked. I would suspect someone on a second story or higher. Wonder what is beyond the trees? Not a nice thing to do.

Someone who doesn't like raking leaves.

This sort of thing happens all the time in Oz along the beachfront. Trees needed to preserve the beachfront get “mysteriously” poisoned. One local council responded by putting up a big sign saying “TREE KILLED HERE. PLEASE CONTACT THE COUNCIL IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING”. After the sign was mysteriously knocked down a new sign popped up detailing the fines relating to the destruction of council property and a smaller one informing people that servalliance cameras were now in use.

1 person likes this