Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burned Footprints on Ceiling?

Bruce Wade

Skin oils on yellow pine. The prints get darker as the wood ages.

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Our brains can't measure anything unless you consider our eyes part of our brains.

This "observer effect" is when the observer(observer can be *anything* that makes some kind of measurement) interacts with a system in superposition. There is no requirement the observer is conscious or alive.

You're first sentence makes no sense as you clearly indicate in the second that you understand what measurement is.  Measurement is assigning data to a characteristic which our brains obviously do even for blind people that can't see. Just because you are blind doesn't mean you can't measure and collect data, that's stereotyping because there are blind scientists ya know. Perhaps you should understand what an observer is however consciousness is the requirement. The facts clearly show time and time again that if we observe after the fact, then we get the predicted result. Once it happens, it's a done deal. We change it by observing regardless of how we observe it. Why do you think they call it the "observer effect"? Because observing influences...a rock does not observe *doh

Though everyone's welcome to make their own conclusions from the research despite scientist's own, at least do your own research instead of debating me. This thread is about some perceived markings on a wood surface, my intent was to display the fact that in order to see if the video was hoaxed as was previously alleged, then scientific analysis would do that and I further commented on Demon's are not related to Physics.

If you want to dispute the methods used and data collected, you should write a thesis and present it to the department of physics. This should help: http://scienceblogs.com/principles/2012/01/19/how-to-present-scientific-data/. However I suspect you're just another keyboard warrior and unwilling to do that. Therefore I'm free to make quotes from professionals in the field that make a living doing these things to counter argue baseless dismissals...at least until your dispute holds up to critique from physicists, then I'll disregard all previous research done.

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Skin oils on yellow pine. The prints get darker as the wood ages.

Interesting hypothesis, though this isn't always the case. Just going off of what I can see, I think these were there prior to building the house, likely burns from a saw mill. I've seen dull blades make various formations of burn marks. Although until the person of this video decides to have the wood tested and verified, it's all we can do.

I'm reminded of an old story often called "the devils footprints". In 1855, the news reports: "It appears on Thursday night last, there was a very heavy snowfall in the neighbourhood of Exeter and the South of Devon. On the following morning the inhabitants of the above towns were surprised at discovering the footmarks of some strange and mysterious animal endowed with the power of ubiquity, as the footprints were to be seen in all kinds of unaccountable places – on the tops of houses and narrow walls, in gardens and court-yards, enclosed by high walls and pailings, as well in open fields.

2 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

Interesting hypothesis, though this isn't always the case. Just going off of what I can see, I think these were there prior to building the house, likely burns from a saw mill. I've seen dull blades make various formations of burn marks. Although until the person of this video decides to have the wood tested and verified, it's all we can do.

I'm reminded of an old story often called "the devils footprints". In 1855, the news reports: "It appears on Thursday night last, there was a very heavy snowfall in the neighbourhood of Exeter and the South of Devon. On the following morning the inhabitants of the above towns were surprised at discovering the footmarks of some strange and mysterious animal endowed with the power of ubiquity, as the footprints were to be seen in all kinds of unaccountable places – on the tops of houses and narrow walls, in gardens and court-yards, enclosed by high walls and pailings, as well in open fields.

I was thinking that they were stepped on at the sawmill. I work at a old fashion sawmill and we are running around with bare feet in the summer all the time. Somebody walked across the stack after it came out of a steam kiln.

Your blade has to be reeeaaalllllllyyy dull to burn pine. We just got finished a load of gum boards for produce pallets with 6 broken teeth. Nothing burnt.

7 hours ago, NightScreams said:

You're first sentence makes no sense as you clearly indicate in the second that you understand what measurement is.  Measurement is assigning data to a characteristic which our brains obviously do even for blind people that can't see. Just because you are blind doesn't mean you can't measure and collect data, that's stereotyping because there are blind scientists ya know.

Maybe you should use yours here? A brain needs sensory organs. 

Perhaps you should understand what an observer is however consciousness is the requirement.

Actually no consciousness isn't a requirement, decoherence has done away with the magical observer. Experiments with simple measuring devices disproves your statement.

Though everyone's welcome to make their own conclusions from the research despite scientist's own, at least do your own research instead of debating me.

There is nothing to debate, you're ignorant of decoherence and the modern understanding of QM. At best you have opinions from physicists from 70+ years ago. Try to keep up kid.