Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

See All 8 Prototypes for Trump’s border wall

pallidin

The following contains a good vid and a good read on the 8 prototype walls to be submitted for consideration.

Of course, the funding has yet to be obtained.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/see-all-8-prototypes-trump-s-big-beautiful-border-wall-n813346

I imagine Trump sitting at THE desk (in the Oval Office,) and an aide comes in, placing a ring book of hundreds of color samples on the desk. Trump thumbs through the ring book, carefully choosing the right shade of tan for the border wall...

It's like home decorating except with a giant wall running from coast to coast. The Mexican side of the wall should of course be painted in a long, continuous star spangled banner. The American side will feature various murals of resorts in Punta Cana.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's like home decorating except with a giant wall running from coast to coast. The Mexican side of the wall should of course be painted in a long, continuous star spangled banner. The American side will feature various murals of resorts in Punta Cana.

Not exactly.  It'll be continuous graffiti.  And most will be derogatory.  This is the drawback to having the wall.  It is also the face we show the world.  I have no problem with the wall itself but there needs to be a means to monitor the messages that are left behind.  Perhaps each wall section needs its own automatic spray painter that sweeps the wall to cover over unwanted graffiti.  Keep the good stuff which will in turn help control what does end up on the wall.  Take pictures and setup a website to encourage positive works.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Not exactly.  It'll be continuous graffiti.  And most will be derogatory.  This is the drawback to having the wall.  It is also the face we show the world.  I have no problem with the wall itself but there needs to be a means to monitor the messages that are left behind.  Perhaps each wall section needs its own automatic spray painter that sweeps the wall to cover over unwanted graffiti.  Keep the good stuff which will in turn help control what does end up on the wall.  Take pictures and setup a website to encourage positive works.

But lets just hope its good graffiti like in beat street

Just now, some new guy said:

that drone had no problems flying over them

Yeah, but drones can't carry drugs...... err....   people! 

Well, crap.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Maybe the wall will be resprayed periodically, (at what cost?) but I highly doubt that will be a priority. Getting it built is a monumental task in itself. Besides, who cares what the other side looks like? If it works, it works.

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Maybe the wall will be resprayed periodically, (at what cost?) but I highly doubt that will be a priority. Getting it built is a monumental task in itself. Besides, who cares what the other side looks like? If it works, it works.

It would be part of the daily maintenance that will be required to keep the wall intact.  You just don't build something and walk away.  The Great Wall needed regular maintenance.  What we see of it today has been rebuilt from ruin.  The building of it will not be monumental.  Between laying out range roads, railroads, and pipelines, this will be no different.  It is doable.  The building cost will be infinitesimal to its operating and maintenance costs.  And the world will see every mile of graffiti.  World News agencies will print and televise every new image.

We need to hold "Paint our Wall" competitions every week.  The winner gets a Green Card.  It'll draw people from all over and we can take their photos and build a database looking for terrorists and undesirables.  Because you know they will be there casing thing out.

• Like 1

Perhaps that's how its going to be funded ? By selling advertising space ? :D

• Like 5

Parts of the border now are the tippy tops of nearly inaccessible ridges of mountain ranges...it's easy to say "wall"....but there are some areas where it doesn't make any sence.

it's also easy to say "sence"....but there are some "areas" where there isn't any.

37 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

1 Sep 2016

Tweet by Trump : Mexico will pay for the wall!

So that's about funding.

If he stays on point with his message about the wall and Congress impedes him, they will pay by losing their seats.  The midiots in NY and DC had a real orgy of celebration when they saw Bannon go.  My guess is that the establishment Republicans did also.  THEN... they realized that they hadn't gotten rid of the sniper, they just gave him an easier target :w00t::gun:

• Like 1

Well, I think all of the 'sample' walls are a bit.... brutal and ugly ?

Couldn't he go for a nice dry-stone wall instead ?

Muchallscastledrystone.jpg

It would look MUCH nicer :)

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, and then said:

If he stays on point with his message about the wall and Congress impedes him, they will pay by losing their seats.  The midiots in NY and DC had a real orgy of celebration when they saw Bannon go.  My guess is that the establishment Republicans did also.  THEN... they realized that they hadn't gotten rid of the sniper, they just gave him an easier target :w00t::gun:

Trump seems rock solid no matter what. And he tweets a lot, about everything :D 

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, I think all of the 'sample' walls are a bit.... brutal and ugly ?

They are trying for Modern DMZ….Just without the land mines.

Couldn't he go for a nice dry-stone wall instead ?  It would look MUCH nicer

I would agree but we are talking about desert terrain, unlike the great deserts of the UK B)

So is this thing gonna have machine gun turrets or what? Deployable combat drones would also be cool. It's 2017: no excuses left for a lack of robotic, autonomous weaponry. If we're gonna defend the border, let's defend the border

North wall of Bethlehem, Israel:

machine.jpg

That's a real, remote controlled machine gun. See the camera on the side?

6 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

1 Sep 2016

Tweet by Trump : Mexico will pay for the wall!

So that's about funding.

Take it out of the Foreign Aid money we send to Mexico every year.

Tax wire-transfers of money going into Mexico.

And find out where the money the Shrub authorized for it 15 years ago went.

How's that?

I vote for the scariest=looking one, like that ragged and rusty thing California built along the 15 miles of the border near Tijuana way back in the 70s.

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

So is this thing gonna have machine gun turrets or what? Deployable combat drones would also be cool. It's 2017: no excuses left for a lack of robotic, autonomous weaponry. If we're gonna defend the border, let's defend the border

North wall of Bethlehem, Israel:

machine.jpg

That's a real, remote controlled machine gun. See the camera on the side?

I was partial to these sentry guns:

• Like 1

If it's anything like the current walls in place, it will be built about 5 feet into U.S. territory so we have the right to maintain both sides. Also, 21 billion is a drop in the bucket when you consider that we spent $3.54 trillion in 2016. Considering that it will save states a lot of money in education and health care funding, it's a very good bargain for the country as a whole. I taught for seven years in rural California schools, and a disproportionate portion of state funding goes to illegal immigrants and their children. There are summer school programs for children of migrant workers, special programs galore, and all of them qualify for the free breakfast and lunch programs. Hospitals rely on state funds to make up for non-paying illegal immigrants who use the E.R. as a free clinic whenever they have a health problem. This also jacks up prices for those who are actually paying. 

Mexico can and will pay for the wall, but not voluntarily. We've been seizing remittances to Cuba for years now, and there's no reason we can't do the same thing with remittances to Mexico. Considering that remittances from the U.S. are now officially Mexico's #1 source of income (they recently surpassed oil revenue), that's more than enough money to pay for a wall. It's also very good leverage to force the Mexican government to pay into it as well. If you listen to Trump's speeches, he never said the Mexican government would pay for it, just that Mexico would.

Edited by C L Palmer
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

If you listen to Trump's speeches, he never said the Mexican government would pay for it, just that Mexico would.

You’re right and I’ve always understood it as you do but Trump is horrible at articulating and relied more on the slogan than the explaining. It worked for him though.

I too think art should be welcome on the wall but gang graffiti and vulgarity should be punishable somehow. Anti-American messages should be immediately painted over and billed to the artist. Religious imagery should be acceptable too, except kill infidels and god hates fags type of things ought to fall in line with the above sentiments.

The internet has showed me how many incredible artists are out there and there are some really great 3D street painters. They should be hired to do realistic 3D of tunnels on the Mexican side and see how many smuggler cars plow into it like a looney toons trick.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Take it out of the Foreign Aid money we send to Mexico every year.

Tax wire-transfers of money going into Mexico.

And find out where the money the Shrub authorized for it 15 years ago went.

How's that?

I vote for the scariest=looking one, like that ragged and rusty thing California built along the 15 miles of the border near Tijuana way back in the 70s.

Check recent developments in Mexico energy sector and reserves out of which some are shared with USA. Too much is at stake to risk it over some wild promise that president candidate made in his campaign. By next year no one will remember anything about Mexico financing the wall.