Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost engagement ring PLEASE HELP!

tbmcdowell4

Hello everyone I recently put on my engagement ring in the middle of the day and then went and took a nap. I woke up and I didn’t have my ring on and can’t find it anywhere! The couch is actually a futon and I’ve tore my house apart looking for this ring. I don’t know if many of you will understand but that ring is the only thing that helps with my severe anxiety. I am a mess without it! I can’t remember taking it off or putting it anywhere. I only remember putting it on, laying down to take a nap and waking up with no ring. Please please I beg of you, help me find the one item 

It's a horrible feeling when you lose something precious like a piece of jewellery. Did you check inside the pillow cases if any ?...as I remember losing a small diamond earring once after I slept. Fortunately, I was lucky to have found it inside the pillow case. You may have slipped your hand in between the case and the pillow whilst sleeping, where it slipped off your finger.  

Anyhow, the best of luck...I'm sure it will eventually turn up. 

Edited by Astra.

9 hours ago, tbmcdowell4 said:

Hello everyone I recently put on my engagement ring in the middle of the day and then went and took a nap. I woke up and I didn’t have my ring on and can’t find it anywhere! The couch is actually a futon and I’ve tore my house apart looking for this ring. I don’t know if many of you will understand but that ring is the only thing that helps with my severe anxiety. I am a mess without it! I can’t remember taking it off or putting it anywhere. I only remember putting it on, laying down to take a nap and waking up with no ring. Please please I beg of you, help me find the one item 

Right, from what you said, it must still be in your house, so try not to stress too much, because that'll just hamper you finding it. 

Are you sure that the next thing you did after putting the ring on was go to sleep?

• Like 1

Oldrover I put my ring on, ate a bowl of cereal and then fell right to sleep.

Astra inside of a pillow case is one place I did not look!! I’m going to check them all once I get home!

Still nothing guys :(. Please if someone, anyone could help me in any way possible I would appreciate it so much! I added a picture of what the ring looks like as well.

3C5F0BC2-1985-4A4C-AE24-2A5E2223FC5D.png

1 hour ago, tbmcdowell4 said:

Still nothing guys :(. Please if someone, anyone could help me in any way possible I would appreciate it so much! I added a picture of what the ring looks like as well.

3C5F0BC2-1985-4A4C-AE24-2A5E2223FC5D.png

Oh that's a shame that you haven't found it yet. Maybe this is far reaching, but can you remember what you did with the cereal bowl after you finished eating ?...would you have washed the bowl by hand (possibly wearing rubber gloves ?).....that's what I do sometimes, rather than always use the dishwasher. If so, then it's possible that your ring slipped off in the glove, when you pulled them off. Anyway's just another idea...

Btw, it might also be worth checking inside your dishwasher / or even down the plug hole of your kitchen sink...if it's large enough to swallow a ring ? 

• Like 1

Yeah, as Astra said, the S bends in your sink plumbing would be worth a look for sure. (If the ring could fit)

• Like 1