Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pakistani woman poisons 13 in-laws to death

The Caspian Hare

How much poison did she use in one glass of milk if it poisoned 28 people, of which 13 are dead and the rest are in hospital fighting for their lives? All because the husband wouldn't drink it and the mother-in-law used it to cook a meal. 

This: "The woman planned her husband’s murder to avenge her forceful marriage."

Forcing young women to marry men they do not even like (let alone love) seems to me to be a crime as well.  

• Like 8

I wouldn't be surprised if this starts happening more and more.  Women are starting to want the rights they know others have.  Not saying killing anyone is right, but, I get the frustration. Especially when a girl gets raped so she has to marry the man so that she doesn't bring shame to the family.

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 2

This forced marriage was wrong. Especially since the woman was in a serious relationship with someone else. I wonder why she was forced to marry this man. Religion? Family honor? An agreement by the parents?

Still, it's a shame they chose this way to try and get her out of it. Who knows what punishment they will suffer now. They didn't intend to hurt the whole family like that, but it must have taken a lot of poison to be that deadly to so many. Or something really strong. 

• Like 1

Bibi, who lives in the southwest city of Muzaffargarh, was forced to marry in September and tried to flee her home and go back to her parents, only to be sent back to her husband.

if honor killings are ok by them so should this, oh wait females are things there, not people, where are the feminists where you need them.
  • Like 2

Wow, the pain inflicted by this ancient notion that women are property and objects to be traded as a commodity.

The suffering created by such a thing, that is in and of itself not real, only the product of minds and thinking and 'tradition'.

It used to be a tradition in America to own other people as property.  Thankfully that tradition was discovered to suck and be abolished, though it required a war to do so;  I wonder what it will take to end this tradition of marriage and the position of women in these cultures.

Nauseating and severely depressing and madening is all I can say to it.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

A PAKISTANI woman, who accidentally killed 18 of her family members with poison, warned she’d go to great lengths to marry the man of her choice, not her cousin.

link

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 3

"I'll behead them with a wood saw to restore the village's honour."

What kind of messed up thinking is that? That speaks more of savagery than honour.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

"I'll behead them with a wood saw to restore the village's honour."

What kind of messed up thinking is that? That speaks more of savagery than honour.

What she did was awful and she'll certainly be punished.  I'm surprised she even lived to be charged.  OTOH, maybe older brothers and fathers aren't the ONLY people that can engage in "Honor" killings.  If more women stood up for themselves, that culture might slowly change.  At a minimum, fewer young women would be brutalized.

• Like 3

she should be punished, but even more should be punished those who force marriages,  for the sake of that, i'd let her go free, to make a point.. 

thou she'll need to disappear, there will be a lot of people looking for her head, 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Isn't there already a thread for this?

Yes. Here

• Like 1

Can't say that I blame her if Im honest. I'd kill a lot more than that for the right to determine my own fate. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

My wife always shops at this Major Supermarket and a few years back she was regularly served at the checkout by this pretty Indian (from India) girl.  The girl had also an Indian girlfriend working there and they used to work similar shift/days.  After a while my wife got to exchange a few words and jokes with them and always found this girl to be nice, polite but there was always a sadness in her face.  The girl told my wife she was going to Uni (don't know to study what) and would have loved to live here in Sydney and find a job in the profession she was studying. 

A few months passed and my wife noticed the girl wasn't working at the supermarket anymore but her friend was. My wife assumed the girl found a job tn the field she was studying and asked the friend.  She told my wife she committed suicide in her apartment three weeks earlier because her parents wanted her to return to India to marry a cousin but she didn't want to because she was in love with someone she met at Uni. The parents were putting pressure on her and making it out to be an embarrassment to the whole  family. 

Every time I hear or read stories like this I think of this girl which I met once when my wife dragged me to the supermarket for shopping at the time.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

It’s humanity in a nutshell 

I don't know what it's like where you're from but where I live both forced marriage and murder are unacceptable.  God I am sick to death of little emo's.

They’re by no means the only negative experiences or the worst, but the basic dynamics behind them extend to humanity in general. Namely, the presence of irrational dogma or beliefs, and the conflicting of desires between individuals. 

Am I being too much of an emo/downer?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OntarioSquatch said:

They’re by no means the only negative experiences or the worst, but the basic dynamics behind them extend to humanity in general. Namely, the presence of irrational dogma or beliefs, and the conflicting of desires between individuals. 

Am I being too much of an emo/downer?

I guess I have more faith in us than you do, but not really, I agree with your assessment to an extent.