Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Message from God

Arend

22 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

Huh. I cant hear anything. Think he could speak a little louder?? 

I also didn't hear anything, but I did check the links.  This type of new age cult will probably help some people.  It seems to have the earmarks of what makes a successful one.  People who follow this "trend" or movement, will probably see some life benefit from it, IMO.  So, I don't have a problem with it.....I don't believe it, but I'm sure some will, and if it helps them.....good.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Arend, try directly answering very simple questions posted here without constantly deflecting it to "read the links"

As you well know, the prophets of old had no issue with answering questions, and specifically quoting as need be.

You seem to do neither, rather, just "read the links"

How frigging lame.

I think Arend's just trying to get visitors to that website.  Traffic stats and Youtube views aren't that impressive for a 4 year span.  There seems to be spikes correlating with posting material, but the average person looks at only one page and part of another and leaves after less than 50 seconds (according to Similarweb.com)  Most of the traffic appears to be links from a site that promotes one of Summers' many books.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arend said:

Try to do a bit of searching using the links I provided in my post, Instead of judging on first sight. 

Arend, the purpose of this forum is to share, discuss, and debate ideas amongst people of different belief systems. We believe that doing so helps us all to grow and change as human beings. Yes, it can get pretty heated and fiery at times simply due to the subject matter, and yes people are more often then not unwilling to change and are set in their ways. However there are those of us who do grow and change (if nothing else in the ever so slightest of ways) do to other members on here sharing their ideas in contrast to our own. This is ultimately the purpose of this, as well as most, online discussion forums.

This is not a place for one to simply proselytize or dogmatically sell/spread a 'message' to others. You aren't positing any arguments of your own, merely quoting and referencing your prophet in the hopes of converting non-believers. This isn't the purpose of this forum.

If you wish to make any number of rational arguments as to why you believe that your prophet is correct, and then discuss this amongst others who think differently, then by all means you're welcome to do so. However this current method of expression you're using is not how this forum is supposed to work.

I hope this helps you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I think Arend's just trying to get visitors to that website.  Traffic stats and Youtube views aren't that impressive for a 4 year span.  There seems to be spikes correlating with posting material, but the average person looks at only one page and part of another and leaves after less than 50 seconds (according to Similarweb.com)  Most of the traffic appears to be links from a site that promotes one of Summers' many books.

Understood, and any person of conviction should be more than happy to answer that question I put forth.

I have conviction, and my answer is "No"

Looking forward to Arend's conviction answer, even if it's "Yes"

At least it's a standing instead of being "whishy-washey"

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

I also didn't hear anything, but I did check the links.  This type of new age cult will probably help some people.  It seems to have the earmarks of what makes a successful one.  People who follow this "trend" or movement, will probably see some life benefit from it, IMO.  So, I don't have a problem with it.....I don't believe it, but I'm sure some will, and if it helps them.....good.  

Yeah... I hear ya. And i would like to think everyone out there who claims to be the new prophet of god sets out with the best if intentions. Oh well.

My problem with this is the cult like following our new prophet seems to suggest by announcing himself as such.

control is taking from the participant, as is true self discovery. Mindless slaves are born from these prophets time and again. But i am sure this one is different.

Carry on.

1 hour ago, Wes4747 said:

Yeah... I hear ya. And i would like to think everyone out there who claims to be the new prophet of god sets out with the best if intentions. Oh well.

My problem with this is the cult like following our new prophet seems to suggest by announcing himself as such.

control is taking from the participant, as is true self discovery. Mindless slaves are born from these prophets time and again. But i am sure this one is different.

Carry on.

No....I wouldn't say this one is any different.  I'm just postulating that a certain percentage of people "need" this kind of thing.  To expand, there are many aspects of our existence that are common to people, especially people who share our culture/worldview/mindset.  Considering what the "prophet" is offering, aside from the "woo-woo" aspect of communication with a higher-order class of beings who express care and concern for him as an individual.....

Which BTW is another aspect - "I matter."  So, emphasis upon self.  This is egocentrism at a very disguised level.  It's the whole "let's save the world" idea.  This is very appealing, especially in these days when it is so clear that the world is indeed all effed up.  But to be clear, it's many individuals in the world who are all effed up, and this gives the impression that the entire world is effed up.  So, this new "message" philosophy, cult, movement, whatever label you wish to put on it.  I'm just riffing here.....but people do feel the need to be a part of something, especially if this something is bigger than themselves, involves saving or changing the world, and by being a part of it, in addition to being an accepted part of a group, there is the notion that this thing is going to help the world.

So, as I said.....I think it will appeal to a certain percentage of people.  Especially in light of how miserably "church/religion" fails.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guyver said:

No....I wouldn't say this one is any different.  I'm just postulating that a certain percentage of people "need" this kind of thing.  To expand, there are many aspects of our existence that are common to people, especially people who share our culture/worldview/mindset.  Considering what the "prophet" is offering, aside from the "woo-woo" aspect of communication with a higher-order class of beings who express care and concern for him as an individual.....

Which BTW is another aspect - "I matter."  So, emphasis upon self.  This is egocentrism at a very disguised level.  It's the whole "let's save the world" idea.  This is very appealing, especially in these days when it is so clear that the world is indeed all effed up.  But to be clear, it's many individuals in the world who are all effed up, and this gives the impression that the entire world is effed up.  So, this new "message" philosophy, cult, movement, whatever label you wish to put on it.  I'm just riffing here.....but people do feel the need to be a part of something, especially if this something is bigger than themselves, involves saving or changing the world, and by being a part of it, in addition to being an accepted part of a group, there is the notion that this thing is going to help the world.

So, as I said.....I think it will appeal to a certain percentage of people.  Especially in light of how miserably "church/religion" fails.  

I see your point, and it seems we arent in disagreement at all. 

It just feels like watching an addict that keeps falling off the wagon into some absurdity. Except its a group of people and the drug is good intentions.

When will people listen to the message of building personal self worth and accepting we are all a part of this thing called humanity? We belong and we matter.

Would i have to profess to be the new prophet to convey that message effectively?

All I can say is you have to decide for yourself. Do some searching, look at the youtube videos and then decide for yourself if this is for you. 

For the people that reject and deny this.. What if this is the real deal? What if this is all true and you rejected and denied this? Maybe something to consider. 

Edited by Arend

1 hour ago, Arend said:

All I can say is you have to decide for yourself. Do some searching, look at the youtube videos and then decide for yourself if this is for you. 

As I already pointed out in your 'Allies of Humanity briefings' thread, UM is a discussion forum. Simply posting information from off-site sources and then telling everyone to watch the video and read the links for themselves isn't in the spirit of the forums. Again as in your other thread you have shown no intention of adding to the discussion, neither are you willing to reply to member's questions. In view of this there's little point in keeping this thread open.

*Thread Closed*

• Like 5

• The topic was locked