Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nessie tops poll of UK supernatural mysteries

UM-Bot

No Mystery - tourist trap unless there's an inter-dimensional doorway in the Loch we haven't been able to find that lets Nessie go as he or she pleases.

Gotta say "Duh" to the article's headline. The dog-killing bridge is interesting,  though.

Edited by DirtyDocMartens
Not all the text showed up.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Gotta say "Duh" to the article's headline. The dog-killing bridge is interesting,  though.

I haven't read the article, but would that be the dog killing bridge by the castle? The one where the dogs jump off all the time? If so it's well understood what's going on there. 

It's the old low side/high side wall thing dogs traditionally struggle with. Especially as there are plenty of sounds, smells, and stimuli to appeal to them in the gulley below. 

Edited by oldrover

For some reason, I was reading cutoff title as if the voters were polling highest for Nessie. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 3:44 PM, paperdyer said:

No Mystery - tourist trap unless there's an inter-dimensional doorway in the Loch we haven't been able to find that lets Nessie go as he or she pleases.

So vikings created the whole thing?

On 11/2/2017 at 8:44 AM, paperdyer said:

Well, of course there is.

Any self-respecting sea monster has one. 

I liked the River Monster's episode regarding this. He suggested Nessie might have been an Greenland Sleeper Shark as others have before him. He made some good points on that episode. The whole Nessie going through portals thing has been tossed around but lacks any foundation to even consider it some remote possibility but it would explain all the other cryptids.

• Like 1

You can't say for definite that Nessie is supernatural. It could be entirely natural, like a plesiosaur.

If Nessie is real, its as likely to be a plesiosaur as Father Christmas is a Tyrannosaurus Rex ;) 

I like the poll results. According to the poll, most Britons believe in the supernatural, more than a third claim to have seen a ghost, while half say they know someone who has witnessed some form of ghostly apparition.

I assume this was a popularity contest.

Not surprising the Loch Ness Monster won.  The famous pic, which has since been proved a hoax, was a pic I remembered being fascinated with since I was a little kid. 

Unfortunately, this is one mystery that that is very unlikely to be real.  

Despite the clear nonexistence of the Loch Ness monster, I would still love to see Loch Ness someday. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Podo said:

Despite the clear nonexistence of the Loch Ness monster, I would still love to see Loch Ness someday. 

If you visit you'll see that although there is probably no monster in Loch Ness, the Loch Ness Monster does indeed exist.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Podo said:

I know what you mean. I also have relatives there I hope to meet one day

loch-ness-xlarge.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

If you visit you'll see that although there is probably no monster in Loch Ness, the Loch Ness Monster does indeed exist.

care to elaborate eldorado?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, khol said:

care to elaborate eldorado?

She's an industry so she exists.

Same as Santa.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

Nessie beat the Enfield haunting... no way better if Jannet Hodgsen is reading this she'd beg to differ flying through the air beats a monster every time I rekon

• Like 2

On 20/11/2017 at 3:29 PM, Myles said:

I assume this was a popularity contest.

Not surprising the Loch Ness Monster won.  The famous pic, which has since been proved a hoax, was a pic I remembered being fascinated with since I was a little kid. 

Unfortunately, this is one mystery that that is very unlikely to be real.  

Tell that to the people who have actually seen the monster with their own eyes.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

On 24/11/2017 at 7:37 PM, Matt221 said:

Nessie beat the Enfield haunting... no way better if Jannet Hodgsen is reading this she'd beg to differ flying through the air beats a monster every time I rekon

Here she is being interviewed on This Morning in 2012:

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

Fascinating interview joking aside how did the high profile, money spinning,tourist atracting,Nessie beat that I wonder

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 8:51 PM, oldrover said:

I haven't read the article, but would that be the dog killing bridge by the castle? The one where the dogs jump off all the time? If so it's well understood what's going on there. 

It's the old low side/high side wall thing dogs traditionally struggle with. Especially as there are plenty of sounds, smells, and stimuli to appeal to them in the gulley below. 

Man, I wanna like this but at the same time it's seriously the most depressing thing I've read and learned about to day. Poor pupper shnuppers.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:03 AM, Black Monk said:

I like the poll results. According to the poll, most Britons believe in the supernatural, more than a third claim to have seen a ghost, while half say they know someone who has witnessed some form of ghostly apparition.

I worked with a girl that swore she had a ghost that kept touching her feet :blink: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I worked with a girl that swore she had a ghost that kept touching her feet :blink: 

*twitches* Feet gross me out. I'd die if that were the case.