Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kira

Sun fuels global warming debate

5 posts in this topic

The Sun's role in climate change has been called into question again.

A US scientist has cast doubt on the controversial idea that the Sun has been the main contributor to climate change over the past 20 years.

The Sun is known to brighten and fade from time to time, influencing temperatures on Earth.

Scientists are divided over how significant a factor this is compared with what people are doing to the planet.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: BBC

very interesting story, nice find CW.

I always thought the sun influenced everything

on earth, like when there's a solar flare, so many

things are disrupted. Seems like the climate would

be too. ponder.gif

One of the things that a lot of people don't realise when talking about global warming, is that it's meant to happen - it's a natural function of the earth, and although we may be contributing to it at the moment, it will happen anyway no matter how careful we are about our own pollution problems.

I'm not sure if anything more has been said recently regarding the 'snowball earth' theory, but in the extreme past, the earth was apparantly completely covered in ice and snow due to a very bad ice age. It has been thought that carbon dioxide emissions from valcanic activity resulted in global warming that eventually lead to a 'big thaw' that then allowed life to continue to develop.

Perhaps we wouldn't even be here at all, if it weren't for Global Warming.

Global warming is a natural phenomenon, but I agree that the actions of humanity are possibly speeding the process. However, I don’t think there is a way to actually determine the extent of human intervention because there is nothing to compare it with.

On the radio the other morning the Dj's where dicussing the fact that scientists have dicovered an *00 year warm period during the dark ages. It was warmer than what we are experiencing now . They have also discovered many periods in time where the weather was warmer and more irratic than it is today .