Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rand Paul assaulted at his Kentucky home

The Caspian Hare

I just saw this. It doesn't sound like Rand was seriously hurt, but...wow.

• Like 1

It was his next door neighbor with whom he had a long standing dispute.  I'm thinking his privileged class of "politician" shouldn't apply.

But then again, the neighbor is a registered democrat........

• Like 2

OH NO ITS THE ANTIFA REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Or its just a disgruntled neighbor ....only time in my life I spent a night in jail was for punching a cokehead neighbor. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Tackled him from behind while he was mowing his lawn. Police still have no idea why.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/04/politics/rand-paul-assaulted-bowling-green-kentucky/index.html

I wonder how many Democrat Senators mow their own lawns.... probably afraid they would be called Rednecks if they even thought about it.

And lets hear another hip-hip for the Leftist media, and their bottomless campaign to criminalize any association with Trump at all. I wonder how long it will be before another Democrat drives into Washington DC with a gun and caps himself a few Republicans. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lilly said:

No one should think it's ever ok to assault any politicians (or anyone for that matter). Even those you strongly disagree with still have all the same civil rights as any American citizen. I hope they throw the book at the attacker.

What's actually funny is how far American politics has deteriorated. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

What's actually funny is how far American politics has deteriorated. 

Oh, true that.

Also, it's rather sad that some adults feel entitled to use violence just because they disagree with someone politically.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Oh, true that.

Also, it's rather sad that some adults feel entitled to use violence just because they disagree with someone politically.

I am not sure this has anything to do with politics...

They may not like each other because of numerous reasons, like which side of the fence has the better smelling flowers. :)

• Like 4

Oh, so it's more like two guys who just don't like each other then?

From the second linked article:

According to KSP, after they got to Paul's house, they determined Rene Boucher intentionally assaulted Paul, causing a minor injury.

Regardless of the reasoning, a person can't just walk up and assault their neighbor.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am not sure this has anything to do with politics...

They may not like each other because of numerous reasons, like which side of the fence has the better smelling flowers. :)

I kind of have to wonder with the way the articles read if it was politically motivated as well. If the two had had ongoing problems, it might be other things. The guy might like taking afternoon naps, and was sick and tired of Paul mowing at 3 in the afternoon, and finally had enough.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I kind of have to wonder with the way the articles read if it was politically motivated as well. If the two had had ongoing problems, it might be other things. The guy might like taking afternoon naps, and was sick and tired of Paul mowing at 3 in the afternoon, and finally had enough.

A variant of that was in my mind.

I was picturing a dispute over "mowing" rights over a patch of ground or what not.  Think I will do a peek at the google map's view of their houses.

Okay, those are some nice houses.  Lots of Trees and stuff to divide the property lines and a gated community to keep random people out.  I could maybe see some sort of dispute about the property line because of it's shape or maybe some issue over who owns what regarding the treed areas and the dumping of yard waste.  Kind of skeptical about the noise theory because of the size of the houses.

Edited by Gromdor
I looked at the houses
  • Like 1

Call it what you will.... another attack on a Republican... five broken ribs.  An alleged registered Democrat lefty losing it.  The Left is proving over and over, with history as a record, the most violent individuals.  My god.  Brutal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Call it what you will.... another attack on a Republican... five broken ribs.  An alleged registered Democrat lefty losing it.  The Left is proving over and over, with history as a record, the most violent individuals.  My god.  Brutal.

Comeon man A democrat losing his temper at his neighbor is no more proof that the left is violent than the racist murdering two people in New Orleans is proof the right is violent.  

Humans are violent. No political qualifiers necessary. 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2017 at 8:06 AM, Lilly said:

The FBI is now saying that the attack on Paul was politically motivated: http://www.dailywire.com/news/23179/authorities-claim-sen-rand-paul-attack-was-emily-zanotti

Hah, the guys lawyer says it wasn't politically motivated, but rather because of grass clippings.  http://www.newsweek.com/sen-rand-pauls-ribs-were-broken-fight-over-leaves-yard-waste-report-703564

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/07/rand-paul-attack-neighbor-petty-argument-developer/839677001/

Edited by Gromdor
added a second, better link