Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Womb transplant could make a man pregnant

UM-Bot

dcf826827e8c94cce714627624981f1cca14b747

• Like 6

Some women are born without a uterus, or have had a hysterectomies and have opted to try uterus transplantation to try bearing children. There's even been one success so far of the procedure and pregnancy going full term.

Considering how relatively new and uncertain this procedure seems to be at this time in women, I think it might be a while yet before it sees any success in transgender women.

• Like 7

From what I understand, a womans body is unique in the sense that it naturally  produces hormones that support pregnancies.

Also a female body naturally produces a particular hormone when in the actual process of harboring a developing embryo/fetus. The womb needs these hormones and I really do not see how a pregnancy can be supported in a healthy way if the womb is transplanted int an environment where it cannot readily receive these hormones.

At some point our society really needs to just accept that there are just some things that a female body can do that a male cannot no matter how many synthetic drugs you bathe it in.

We have real issues in society to deal with.

• Like 4

Dr Richard Paulson believes that medical technology has now advanced far enough for it to be possible for a transgender woman - having been born a man - to become pregnant through the transplantation of a donor womb.

"There would be additional challenges, but I don't see any obvious problem that would preclude it," he said. "I think it would be possible. They could do it tomorrow."

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/313092/womb-transplant-could-make-a-man-pregnant

I dread to think what experiments have been done to get to this stage....hope they have not been testing this one out on animals....tomorrow,? Really? Shows us your testings for yesterday!

The point is today people are given the options, you want to be a woman, fine, snip. You want to have a baby, fine, does not matter what sex you were born as, here is a womb. Is the medical technology playing with nature? For sure!

Are we running out of children to adopt? Are we running out of women who can give birth? 

How many human guinea pigs are prepared to put an unborn babies life at risk to give this a try? Or does the unborn babies life not come into the equation while this is still in its early stage?

A womb belongs in a womans body....if a man wants to  live his life as a woman, then good for him, but you can not just start swapping organs and body bits around because you "fancy" a baby. This is just so wrong...BUT as i said, they are given then option because someone is doing the testing and experiments!!!

• Like 1

i am male and not transgender but the idea of having my own child AND give birth to it is actualy intriguing. as i am not really interested in a relationship but i do want a child or two at some point plus geting through this experience, it would be perfect!! unfortunately i do not think this is going to be cheap nor widely available so rip the dream

15 hours ago, aniknonymous said:

i am male and not transgender but the idea of having my own child AND give birth to it is actualy intriguing. as i am not really interested in a relationship but i do want a child or two at some point plus geting through this experience, it would be perfect!! unfortunately i do not think this is going to be cheap nor widely available so rip the dream

Well, I'd suspect you'd have to take a series of hormones to simulate what happens to the woman's body when pregnant. You may wind up being a woman by the time the 9 months is over and have to be "remaled" if possible.  Still sound intriguing?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

Well, I'd suspect you'd have to take a series of hormones to simulate what happens to the woman's body when pregnant. You may wind up being a woman by the time the 9 months is over and have to be "remaled" if possible.  Still sound intriguing?

Remaled, lol ! you got the term of the day lad !

17 hours ago, aniknonymous said:

You can actually do this. It's called...wait for it...............................Adoption.

22 hours ago, freetoroam said:

.hope they have not been testing this one out on animals....tomorrow,?

Probably have.

22 hours ago, freetoroam said:

How many human guinea pigs are prepared to put an unborn babies life at risk to give this a try? Or does the unborn babies life not come into the equation while this is still in its early stage?

A womb belongs in a womans body....if a man wants to  live his life as a woman, then good for him, but you can not just start swapping organs and body bits around because you "fancy" a baby. This is just so wrong...BUT as i said, they are given then option because someone is doing the testing and experiments!!!

Human life has always been considered a cheap commodity, especially children and the unborn. This thing of trying to allow men to give birth is about greed and selfishness. It is all about what THEY want the very concept of ethics, morals and nature itself has become "old fashioned" and considered an infringement on their so-called "rights".

When it comes to satiating ones own wants and demands, no one ever talks about or even considers the rights of others.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ryu said:

This thing of trying to allow men to give birth is about greed and selfishness. It is all about what THEY want the very concept of ethics, morals and nature itself has become "old fashioned" and considered an infringement on their so-called "rights".

When it comes to satiating ones own wants and demands, no one ever talks about or even considers the rights of others.

The medical profession has done some amazing things, but it has also done some very bad things and imo this is one of them.

Yes people are selfish, but they are also being given then option to chose because some crazy doctors are doing the experiments in the first place......is it right they are doing this? I do not think so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aardvark-DK said:

Man flu is still worse so...bring it on !

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryu said:

What are you talking about?

Man Flu is a slang thing... men overly complaining about being sick, like a regular cold is overdramatized into man flu.

I dare say that uterus transplantation is probably a bit more of a serious thing than man flu. Uterus transplantation in men is only a theoretical notion at this time too- only women have had the procedure done so far.

• Like 1

This isn't really new news, I recall a clipping having in the doctors office 12-15 years ago. My ex wife and I tried in vitro fertilization and the doctor had a clipping I'm guessing from a medical journal stating a Chinese man was successfully pregnant and caring the child due to IVF. I don't know what journal, or if it was brought to full term just that it was there.

37 minutes ago, pokingjoker said:

This isn't really new news, I recall a clipping having in the doctors office 12-15 years ago. My ex wife and I tried in vitro fertilization and the doctor had a clipping I'm guessing from a medical journal stating a Chinese man was successfully pregnant and caring the child due to IVF. I don't know what journal, or if it was brought to full term just that it was there.

Considering the time frame you give of 12-15 years ago... I would hazard a guess that the article you saw was in relation to a transgender male pregnancy rather than a transgender female pregnancy. About 12-15 years ago was some of the earliest uterus transplantation in females- and only recently has the notion of the feasibility or not in males been brought up.

On 11/7/2017 at 6:22 AM, rashore said:

Man Flu is a slang thing... men overly complaining about being sick, like a regular cold is overdramatized into man flu.

We do that on purpose ;) 

I broke 2 ribs and punctured my spleen 3 or 4 wks ago, the only time I played it up was when my mom came over to visit lol. 

As far as men being pregnant, I bet the market for this is pretty small. 

• Like 2