Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another mass casualty event

and-then

1656269883.gif  (sometimes there are no words....)  780422031.gif

• Like 6

The shooter is dead.....still do not know who he was or what motivated him to do such a despicable act. Awaiting updates.

Another incident which leaves  devastation for the victims who survive and the families of those who have not. 

shocking - again!

• Like 5

This just popped up on my watch. At least that disgusting pos will not be able to hurt anymore people.

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

I'm not quite sure which is more horrifying.. the event itself, or the fact that it can be safely titled another mass casualty event.

Exactly.  This is just getting ridiculous.  

• Like 1

What the hell is going on in this world

This type of thing did not used to happen with this frequency.

• Like 7

So, it would seem that multiple shootings are getting more frequent but is there a pattern here re. motives etc?  I would be interested to try and understand why it is occurring more often.  

I found this - which might give some insight...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/27/health/u-s-most-mass-shootings/index.html

Edited by sees
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

What the hell is going on in this world

This type of thing did not used to happen with this frequency.

Good question and observation. Luckily I don't follow the news for about 2 years now.

The Malay have an old word called amok, it meant to be possessed by an evil spirit and suddenly engage in indiscriminate, inexplicable violence. So this has always been with us, yet frequency seems to be increasing. Overall US crime is down considering historic levels, but not these rampage crimes.

I wonder if the conditions of modern living are somehow driving people mad. Our ancient ancestors did not hunch over steering wheels and computers all day.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Lilly said:

My opinion is that it's a change in culture generated by Hollywood's violent movies, violent video games, tolerance of violent gang activity and certain illegal drug use leading to violent behavior.

Does a small town down in Texas really have that culture- especially around a church?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Does a small town down in Texas really have that culture- especially around a church?

Mass culture is everywhere in this age ... though to be honest I do not know how much pop culture can be blamed. Maybe just tip the people who are already unstable over the edge.There must be something more

Just got home from shopping and saw this. At least 20 are dead including the pastor's 14 yr old daughter. Many more injured.

There is no caring or feeling anymore. People are just brain dead. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Are you kidding? There is a church at least every mile in the south. It never stopped any of us partaking in anything we wanted to do.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That link isn’t working for me and I can’t find a picture or name anywhere. 

He edited it away.  There is no picture yet.

• Like 1

Mod Comment: This is a heartbreaking tragedy. 

3. Behaviour Please be civil and courteous to other members at all times.

• Like 9

FOX's sources are saying 27 are deceased.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/05/mass-shooting-reported-at-texas-sutherland-springs-church.html

There are no words to say how I wish condolences on the families and the people of the town. He just opened fire on a church service that was being conducted. CNN said this church was known for recording it's services. Maybe it is on tape.

CNN was interviewing a woman who owns a store across the street from the church and she said rumors are going around about the shooter but she didn't want to say anything and jeopardize the investigation. She said the person mentioned did not live in town but she knew family members of his. She may or may not be right in what she's heard. Important not to take this seriously until police give information at their press conference which will be soon. 

I just can't believe this has happened again.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked