Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fired for flipping off the president

Myles

Why does this surprise her?  

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/07/woman-fired-after-flipping-off-trumps-motorcade.html

The woman who flipped off President Trump's motorcade last month said Monday that she was fired on Halloween for violating her employer's code of conduct policy -- but she vowed she would do it all over again if given the chance.

Juli Briskman, 50, now an ex-member of the marketing team at the government contractor Akima LLC, was on her bicycle on Oct. 28 when Trump's motorcade drove by her on a northern Virginia road.

A photo that quickly went viral showed her raising the middle finger of her left hand in defiance as the motorcade returned from the Trump National Golf Club.

"My finger said what I was feeling," Briskman, who had been on the job for just over six months, told CNN. "I'm angry and I'm frustrated."

• Like 1

“They said, ‘We’re separating from you,‘” Briskman told the Huffington Post.  “Basically, you cannot have ‘lewd’ or ‘obscene’ things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off ‘obscene.’”

I can't help but think that if she had simply given the middle finger in a selfie or something, or to a friend in a video perhaps, then they wouldn't have had a problem with the "obscenity". I think they've twisted their own definition slightly due to the alleged fact that:

her employer was worried about losing government contracts

• Like 3

Oh well, at least she's honest...and the world didn't come to an end.

I often give the flip, especially to rude motorists who cut me off. It's a good way to express yourself sometimes. double-finger.gif

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

I think flipping off the president is a little different than flipping off a guy who cuts you off on the road.

She seems to be trying to claim that flipping someone off is not obscene.   It means F You.   I can't even write the word because it is too obscene to use on this forum.   Add that she worked for a government contractor and she flipped off the leader, it should not be surprising that she was fired.   These snowflakes need to learn that actions have consequences.

I need to change my avatar.   Someone pointed out to me a while back that it looks like it is flipping people off.   I have to agree.  I honestly never noticed it before.  I thought it was just waving it's hands and sticking its tongue out. 

Edited by Myles
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I need to change my avatar.   Someone pointed out to me a while back that it looks like it is flipping people off.   I have to agree. 

Actually I thought it was just you being you ... being what it is , at least it was not an angry face which would have made it 'antagonistic'

~ :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think flipping off the president is a little different than flipping off a guy who cuts you off on the road.

She seems to be trying to claim that flipping someone off is not obscene.   It means F You.   I can't even write the word because it is too obscene to use on this forum.   Add that she worked for a government contractor and she flipped off the leader, it should not be surprising that she was fired. 

Yeah but that's what I meant above. There's obscene and then there's obscene. Would they have fired her for writing '****' on her profile? I highly, highly doubt it. And as you've just said, all the middle finger means is f-off. 

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah but that's what I meant above. There's obscene and then there's obscene. Would they have fired her for writing '****' on her profile? I highly, highly doubt it. And as you've just said, all the middle finger means is f-off. 

Which you cannot do to your #1 customer.   I'd be fired too. 

I would also suspect that they wanted to get rid of her anyway.   She just presented a good one.

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

Well gee Myles, there's worse that could have happened. She could have mooned him.  

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

I need to change my avatar.   Someone pointed out to me a while back that it looks like it is flipping people off.   I have to agree.  I honestly never noticed it before.  I thought it was just waving it's hands and sticking its tongue out. 

You know, now that you've mentioned it....it does look like it's flipping a double birdie. But don't change it, it's very cheeky...especially in the way it pokes out it's tongue too  :D ...

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Oh well, at least she's honest...and the world didn't come to an end.

For the rodeo clown who dared to make fun of the last president, his career was destroyed, banned for life.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/12/politics/missouri-obama-rodeo/index.html

This "honest" hateful person will have no trouble finding another job.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I can't help but think that if she had simply given the middle finger in a selfie or something, or to a friend in a video perhaps, then they wouldn't have had a problem with the "obscenity". I think they've twisted their own definition slightly due to the alleged fact that:

My reaction to the headline was it sounds like a bit much. Then when I heard she said that they were just worried about losing business I realized what an idiot she is. Of course they’re worried about losing business. It’s a freaking business that works for the government of all things. Cmon it’s employers choice and a reasonable and understandle one at that. Besides, working there only six months makes it an even easier call. Good luck ACLU, you’re going to lose this one if the employer doesn’t choose to roll over.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea, no trouble finding a job, the way kaepernik has, oh wait, no one wants to hire him now.

No indication she has a BLM activist significant other pulling her strings. 

Cupcake Kepernik's and Nessa Diab's problem is that they lost control of the narrative when NFL decided to widen the scope from simply being anti-cop.

That and his performance.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/234081/colin-kaepernicks-biggest-problem-performance-not-politics

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/colin-kaepernick-49ers-start-chip-kelly-nfl-buffalo-stats-career-highlights-fantasy-101116

All I have to say about this is....AAhhahahahaahahHHHHaaaahahahahaAaaahahahahahahhHHHHahahahahahahahahaaaaa....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

My reaction to the headline was it sounds like a bit much. Then when I heard she said that they were just worried about losing business I realized what an idiot she is. Of course they’re worried about losing business. It’s a freaking business that works for the government of all things. Cmon it’s employers choice and a reasonable and understandle one at that. Besides, working there only six months makes it an even easier call. Good luck ACLU, you’re going to lose this one if the employer doesn’t choose to roll over.

Yep.   She also worked in marketing for the company.   Who would market their company by flipping off the president of your biggest customer?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Come on presidents, prime ministers .... they know when they take the job they will probably p*** of half the country no matter what they do.

If you can't flip them off - who the hell can you flip off.

Just now, Almighty Evan said:

No indication she has a BLM activist significant other pulling her strings. 

she does not need to, she acted stupid all by herself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Come on presidents, prime ministers .... they know when they take the job they will probably p*** of half the country no matter what they do.

If you can't flip them off - who the hell can you flip off.

Only an idiot would flip off their customer.  

My employer is very strict with their social media policies. We employees know better than to post our employer's name on our Facebook pages, and we carefully word any criticisms of fellow employees (or our employer) on our Facebook work-related group pages. We acknowledge and sign a social media policy statement every year. And yet, people occasionally lose their temper and post something that creates a 'hostile work environment" and they lose their job.

• Like 1

To an extent I can see that point - but usually government contracts are won or lost on a lot more than that. I am pretty sure no contract award criteria would have anything remotely covering it - but then again maybe the USA doesn't have award criteria in the way I am used to. that's not a criticism btw - just I don't know how government contracts are awarded outside of the EU.

All this woman had to do was not post the picture on her Facebook. But no, she craves attention and she needed the likes, she needed the comments and since it went viral she’s filled with confidence and hubris and the need for even more attention. Seriously lady you’ll give us something to chatter about for a day or two but really nobody cares about your small time issue. She’s been fired from a job of only six months. The horror!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

To an extent I can see that point - but usually government contracts are won or lost on a lot more than that. I am pretty sure no contract award criteria would have anything remotely covering it - but then again maybe the USA doesn't have award criteria in the way I am used to. that's not a criticism btw - just I don't know how government contracts are awarded outside of the EU.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at their webpage. They appear to have a fairly large client list. I suppose they're doing some preventative damage control to ensure that they're not dropped by other companies.

"Akima, LLC’s Business Groups and their operating companies represent an uncommonly broad array of specialized talents, technologies, domain expertise and proven program success at some of the most visible and demanding implementations across all of government and industry."

http://www.akima.com/   

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

All this woman had to do was not post the picture on her Facebook. But no, she craves attention and she needed the likes, she needed the comments and since it went viral she’s filled with confidence and hubris and the need for even more attention. Seriously lady you’ll give us something to chatter about for a day or two but really nobody cares about your small time issue. She’s been fired from a job of only six months. The horror!

I would also guess they already wanted to get rid of her.    She sounds like a very opinionated and vocal person. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2017 at 11:30 AM, aztek said:

yea, no trouble finding a job, the way kaepernik has, oh wait, no one wants to hire him now.

Flipside of the Tebow thing, in a way.

Edited by WoIverine