Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump 'tells Japanese emperor mass

ExpandMyMind

Donald Trump reportedly told the Emperor of Japan that mass shootings can occur "anywhere", despite the country having some of the world's most stringent gun control policies.

The US President met Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko before a round of talks with Japan's prime minister, Shinzo Abe, on Monday.

When the emperor brought up Sunday's mass killing at a church in Texas, Mr Trump called it a "terrible incident" and said the killings "can happen anywhere", according to the Mainichi Shimbun.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donald-trump-japan-emperor-akihito-texas-mass-shooting-visit-shinzo-abe-sutherland-springs-a8041391.html

:D That's brilliant. In the past 100 years, the US has had a higher number of mass shooting incidents occur than Japan has had total people killed by mass shootings. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donald-trump-japan-emperor-akihito-texas-mass-shooting-visit-shinzo-abe-sutherland-springs-a8041391.html

:D That's brilliant. In the past 100 years, the US has had a higher number of mass shooting incidents occur than Japan has had total people killed by mass shootings. 

I expect Trump was referring to it being in a church..? .... but even if he wasn't who can deny that mass shooting can happen anywhere ?

This is just more twisting and negative spin from the Independent - who are one of the enthusiastic participants in the political
witch hunt against Trump -  they sell themselves as a more up market media outlet but at heart are just the gutter press -

In fact on that same article link they are having a little swipe at Trump as well over feeding the fish wrong in Japan - even though he
was just doing the same as the Japanese PM - 

It's just unbelievable how the attacks and fake news against Trump rolls out day after day - feeding the flocks of haters who lap it up -
many of the flock don't even know why they are so hateful and aggressive towards Trump because they are OWNED and manipulated
by the Propagandists who seek to bring Trump down - (ie the political Globalists who need to control America to move their agenda forward )

Under a picture of the fish feeding the Independent say ---

"Donald Trump tramples over fish-feeding ritual by chucking entire box into pond"

But he was following the lead of the PM !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This video shows just how the Trump Bashers have lost all sense of reason and just flail out with anything they can -

It's pathetic really - but all part of the Globalist PSYOP -

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Countries where the most people are murdered: https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-27/map-here-are-countries-worlds-highest-murder-rates

In America the manner of killing is more commonly with guns...but America does not have the (dubious) honor of the highest murder rate.

True, it's only 5 times higher than here in the UK or many other developed nations. You have a higher murder rate than Rwanda, Kazakhstan, Cuba, North Korea, Ukraine, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon, Thailand, Egypt, Lyberia and it's almost as high as Somalia. You should be proud.

And if you were trying to put forth the opinion that  people without access to guns just end up killing in other ways, you can put that to bed. The EU conducted an incredibly comprehensive study on gun control and it doesn't show in any way that people who don't have guns just end up killing in other ways instead. In fact, it shows indisputably that gun control works.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

True, it's only 5 times higher than here in the UK or many other developed nations. You have a higher murder rate than Rwanda, Kazakhstan, Cuba, North Korea, Ukraine, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon, Thailand, Egypt, Lyberia and it's almost as high as Somalia. You should be proud.

Did you look at the link? Here's another one from Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

You can't count all the "Americas" as in Central And South America. You have to look at just the United States (inclusion of Mexico and South American nations inflate the rate considerably).

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Did you look at the link? Here's another one from Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

You can't count all the "Americas" as in Central And South America. You have to look at just the United States.

Uh, that link you provided is the exact place I got my information from. I meant to post a link to the Wiki page. So ... 

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Uh, that link you provided is the exact place I got my information from. I meant to post a link to the Wiki page. So ... 

So you know that the United States is not included in the demographics with the highest murder rate.

UK is 1-2 per hundred thousand.

USA is 2-5 per hundred thousand.

it highly depends where in usa. chicago, LA, detroit, nyc. welfare\projects\gettos there is prbly 3 or 4 times of that, thanks to hood rats, and gangs, states like Vermont that has least restrictive gun laws, no permits needed to conceal carry, has lowest crime in usa, murder rate there below .05, pretty,much a spit in a fact of gun control liberals.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/homicide.htm

demographics makes all the difference

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lilly said:

So you know that the United States is not included in the demographics with the highest murder rate.

UK is 1-2 per hundred thousand.

USA is 2-5 per hundred thousand.

The US is 4.8 and the UK is 0.92, both per 100,000 people. 

What do you mean by that?

Mass Killings happened there, Sarin Gas attack happened in japan.   You clamp down on one weapon then bad people find another.  Considering the mass killing weapon of choice is a truck ..i think he is correct at the heart of his message

Just now, travelnjones said:

Mass Killings happened there, Sarin Gas attack happened in japan.   You clamp down on one weapon then bad people find another.  Considering the mass killing weapon of choice is a truck ..i think he is correct at the heart of his message

Yeah, that's one of those things that sounds like it should be true, but actually isn't.  There are isolated cases, of course, but largely no guns = no mass killings and less murder in general. 

22 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

What do you mean by that?

Just look at the color key: Homicide rate per 100,000 inhabitants in 2012.
  0–1   1–2   2–5   5–10   10–20   >20

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Just look at the color key: Homicide rate per 100,000 inhabitants in 2012.
  0–1   1–2   2–5   5–10   10–20   >20

Lilly, the table from that link gives the actual number, not just a colour coded estimate.

MurderRate.png

Edited by ExpandMyMind

27 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, that's one of those things that sounds like it should be true, but actually isn't.  There are isolated cases, of course, but largely no guns = no mass killings and less murder in general. 

And yet I have shown a concert example to support my statement.  Also you assume we agree on opinions that we do not.

Edited by travelnjones

Uh...I was the one that posted that link. The United States still isn't in the top category (no matter how you cut it).

Also, like aztek pointed out, the United States has certain areas (like Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles) where the murder rates are quite high due to gang activity and a lack of police presence.

Also, depending upon what state one lives in the rate differs considerably. I live in Massachusetts, the rate here is 2.0 per hundred thousand.

11 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Uh...I was the one that posted that link. The United States still isn't in the top category (no matter how you cut it).

Also, like aztek pointed out, the United States has certain areas (like Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles) where the murder rates are quite high due to gang activity and a lack of police presence.

I wasn't saying they were in the top category. At all. I was saying they are in the third world category, which they clearly are.

That's how crime works and how it's calculated in all countries. Countries have bad spots and good spots but you can't just go eliminating the bad ones to support a point. It's taken all together.

13 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

And yet I have shown a concert example to support my statement.  Also you assume we agree on opinions that we do not.

One example is only one example. It doesn't show a trend and all it does show is an outlier. An anomaly. You see, in the US mass shootings are a regular occurrence, but in countries with strict gun laws they either never happen at all or are anomalies. And when you compare the murder rate in Europe to the US you can also see that there is a direct correlation between having lots of guns and having lots of killings.

I definitely wasn't assuming we agreed.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Well...if gun control works on the EU...then good for them. Here in the US however...forget about EVER taking guns away...it will NEVER happen. At least not in our lifetime...or probably even our children's lifetime. Let's just stop the BS and move on. Liberal's can cry all day long that GUNS kill people...when in fact People kill people and always will. If guns didn't exist we would be trying to ban Swords and Knives. It's the nature of humanity that needs to change...and thousands of years of evolution will not change in a few years...maybe not ever.

• Like 1

Striling Castle, eh?

It’s now known that the United Kingdom, where private gun ownership is even more restrictive than in Australia, has the highest rate for all violent crime of any EU country. The UK’s violent crime rate of 2,034 per 100,000 population is worse than the US and even South Africa. 

After the UK handgun bans in 1997 the violent crime rate rose by 69 percent, robberies by 45 percent and murders by 54 percent. Before the ban, armed robberies had fallen by 50 percent from 1993 to 1997, but after the ban, the armed robbery rate returned almost to its 1993 level. 

After pistols were banned following the 1997 Dunblane shooting, the use of pistols in crime increased by 40 percent. Contrary to US gun control propaganda, an International Crime Victimization Survey in 2000 found the violent crime rate in England and Wales to be twice the US rate.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/opinion/opinion-letter-more-laws-don-t-offer-more-protections/article_347d5a86-c168-11e7-ba92-7bae83a39701.html

• Like 2