Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeebarr

Lost Time

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here I've only read a bunch of these posts but never actually replied to any of them. so here it goes...

A couple weeks ago (around my 18th birthday) I was laying in bed yet again and I could tell I wouldn't be able to sleep. I remember it being 4:00 am (maybe off a minute or 2) and I was getting so mad at myself because I would have to get up for school in the morning and skipping was not an option. So I was pretty p***ed at myself for this repeativly happening. Later, I somewhat calmed down. The last time I checked, it was around 4:15am and then I must of had fallen asleep. When I had awoke I had felt so refreshed and it felt like I had been asleep for literally 12 hours. As I said before, I couldnt skip class so I immediatly started franticly getting my uniform on for school. My windowless bedroom is in the basement, therefore I have no way of checking the weather etc. As I peered at my clock it was exactly 4:42am the same night. Immediatly I felt my heart plunge only for the fact that I felt I could run 10 marithons for only 20 - 25min of rest. Then I briefly remembered my dream. All I remember is being laughed at about something, and there was some people I couldnt really identify. There was more to the dream and I'm sure it was way longer but as I remembered the entire dream I forgot the most part of it (that happens to me alot anyway) Im thinking aliens but my friends are skeptical..

If someone could please give me some insight on this or if someone has experienced something like this , that would be awesome.

Hi zeebarr! Welcome to the forum! wavey.gif

I can't say I've experienced what you went through,

but I do hate waking up suddenly and wondering where I

am and what time/day it is. huh.gif

There are so many members here with so many different

experiences, I'm sure someone else has had the same thing

happen to them as you, just give them time to respond. smile.gif

Hiya zeebarr! Welcome!

Your experience is not so unusual. Dream studies have suggested that dream length has little to do with real-world time. A great epic in dreamland might actually last mear minutes in the waking world. People do not fall directly into a dream state as soon as they fall asleep. It can take up to 20 minutes to achieve REM sleep, where dreams occure.

The point is, the brain is much more efficient in its own workings when freed of the constant input of reality. Your subjectivly long dream may have lasted but a few minutes, and the deep "nap" your brain got out of it was enough to provide a booster kick and get ya going.

Bet you slept great the next night. smile.gif

THX!

yeah, hopefully I'll find others that have had an experience like mine.

Your Theory Explains a lot, but the dream was sooo scary i was convinced it was something more..

I never have bad dreams like seriously EVER

As I said I only remember bits and pieces

It was like, you know when you wake up and for a split second you remember your dream, and then its gone?

I find this stuff fasinating, thx again for the reply!

- scared straight

When I was pregnant, I had dreams in the early morning, which were so real that I actually thought I was awake. I would do things in my dreams like put the washing machine on, run a bath, just normal housework things, and they seemed to go on for ages. Then when I actually did wake up it was only about 10mins since I last looked at the clock. I'd be convinced that I had done these things and couldn't understand why the washing machine was off ect.

What i'm getting at is, these dreams were so real to me I'd walk into the bathroom and be really surprised to see that the bath was empty. The Mind is a very powerfull tool, that we are only just beginning to understand.

Welcome Zeebarr

Most people have dreams every night, but also most of these people never remember them the next morning, so you may have had nightmares and just not know it.

actually i have had an opposite experience.........i mean i t0o had trouble falling asleep at first that is.....as time passed i slowly got tired....and around hmmm 2:15am i was almost out and what felt like a blink was actually 7 hours off sleep!!!!!! i blinked 7 hours now thats strange........

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

lol dont blink u'll never know what you might miss

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

speaking of dreams....Have you guys/gals ever had the dream where you fall off something, whether it was a cliff, building, etc. Well you always wake up right when you hit the ground or before you hit the ground. This is really freaky when my parents told me this. In our culture, they say that if you have that dream, and you don't wake up after hitting the ground....and you see yourself dead after the fall in your dream, it means that you've just died in your sleep, literaly....that someone took your soul away. It's kinda scary to me, but tell me what you guys think.

This has happened to me a few times, Laying down very tired and not being able to sleep. when I do get to sleep its like 4am and I have to be up at 6am for work and to get my son off to school. But there has been times when I only got that hour and a half two hour sleep, when I get up I felt awake as if I slept a good 8-10 hours.

about that falling thing, well, i have dreams like that too. once i was in a shopping mall on the fourth (yes, this mall had four) story looking at everything below me. all of a sudden i slip and fall over. but at the last second i grab this string, this thin brown lil' string, and hang there. but my hand slips and i plummet to the ground. it felt like i was really falling, complete w/ wind rushing by my head and sick gut feeling. i fell and fell and fell. when i reach the ground, i actually go through part of it, as if it's not there. by the time i'm looking at a guys shoes at my eye- level, i wake up sweating, heart pumping. sometimes i wonder why i went through the ground like a ghost... if i didn't go through the ground and hit the ground like i normally would have, i'd be dead. right after i woke up from that dream, there was this cloaked person, or being, with it's hand on my head. once i woke up it disappeared. whatever it was, it was far more powerful than any human i've seen, and whatever it was, it saved my life.