Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did radiation over Europe come from Russia ?

UM-Bot

Not North Korea?

• Like 1

Russian authorities have denied any knowledge of a nuclear accident in their territory.

Some things never change. 

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

Some things never change. 

Yes, I agree, everyone keeps blaming Russia for everything on the planet. It is getting quite irritating and I am not even Russian. Talk about a scapegoat for every human made malady. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nzo said:

Yes, I agree, everyone keeps blaming Russia for everything on the planet. It is getting quite irritating and I am not even Russian. Talk about a scapegoat for every human made malady. 

This is very much different that the collusion lie Hillary started.  From below linked article:

cloud of radioactive pollution spread over Europe after a possible "accident" at a nuclear facility in Russia or Kazakhstan, French nuclear safety officials confirmed on Friday.

France's nuclear safety institute, IRSN, picked up faint traces of ruthenium 106, a radioactive nuclide that is produced when atoms are split in a nuclear reactor and which does not occur naturally, in three of its 40 monitoring stations late September.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/10/harmless-radioactive-cloud-europe-may-have-come-nuclear-accident/

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

A zoo is "truly devastated and outraged" that an escaped wild cat has been killed.

Lilleth, the Eurasian lynx, had escaped from Borth Wild Animal Kingdom but Ceredigion Council said on Friday that she had been "humanely destroyed".

The council said despite "exhaustive efforts" to recapture her, it received advice that the risk to public safety had "increased to severe".

But the zoo owners have condemned the "hunting and killing" of Lilleth, which it blames on Russia.

A 70-year-old woman has been killed in a hit-and-run crash with a stolen car which had failed to stop for police moments earlier.

The woman was driving a Ford Fiesta on the A24 in Horsham, West Sussex.

Another 70-year-old woman, who was a passenger, was injured in the crash at the Farthing Hill roundabout just before 14:30 GMT on Friday.

Sussex Police blame Russia for the crash.

Rail passengers are being advised to travel earlier to avoid disruption over the Christmas period, with more than 200 sets of engineering works planned.

Routes across London, Kent, East Sussex, Lancashire, Essex and Glasgow are among the lines to be shut.

Network Rail, which controls the UK's railways, says 95% of the network will be unaffected and it is the least disruptive time to do this work.

Bus replacements are planned but journey times are likely to increase.

Network Rail blames the engineering works on the Russians.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nzo said:

Nope, I meant the opposite actually. 

US politics aside (that I'd like to keep away from this thread), I was referencing to the Chernobyl cover up by Soviet authorities. 

Sure, back then it was Soviet Union, today is Russia, but as I said some things never change. 

Hopefully this time it will turn out to be nothing serious. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Azoo is "truly devastated and outraged" that an escaped wild cat has been killed.

Lilleth, the Eurasian lynx, had escaped from Borth Wild Animal Kingdom but Ceredigion Council said on Friday that she had been "humanely destroyed".

The council said despite "exhaustive efforts" to recapture her, it received advice that the risk to public safety had "increased to severe".

But the zoo owners have condemned the "hunting and killing" of Lilleth, which it blames on Russia.

Was it an humorous attempt? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Parsec said:

Nope, I meant the opposite actually. 

US politics aside (that I'd like to keep away from this thread), I was referencing to the Chernobyl cover up by Soviet authorities. 

Sure, back then it was Soviet Union, today is Russia, but as I said some things never change. 

Hopefully this time it will turn out to be nothing serious. 

The problem is that everything is being blamed on Russia. This is a problem because the real reason for something this bad(radioactive particles in the air is pretty damn bad) will never actually be found out and/or it will be used to cover up mismanagement, corruption etc. etc.

Lets use this very discovery as an example... It is much much more believeable that France has had an accident with its reprocessing of nuclear fuel because they are one if not the most nuclear dependent nation on the planet. Now is it a coverup? Did something go wrong on some French nuclear site and they are using the Russians to hide it? This is the stuff that is extremely problematic. Then you take into account the trade winds and it seems even more unlikely that these particles came from Russia. And if you really dont know where the particles came from then just say we HAVE NO IDEA! Instead its more politicizing.

Its hard not to go political when talking about Russia because well, turn on any MSM news cast... its Russia this Russia that blah blah blah, 24/7 literally. And if we have learned anything from Donna Brazilles book its that the fix was in but it had nothing to do with the Russians.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nzo said:

The problem is that everything is being blamed on Russia. This is a problem because the real reason for something this bad(radioactive particles in the air is pretty damn bad) will never actually be found out and/or it will be used to cover up mismanagement, corruption etc. etc.

Lets use this very discovery as an example... It is much much more believeable that France has had an accident with its reprocessing of nuclear fuel because they are one if not the most nuclear dependent nation on the planet. Now is it a coverup? Did something go wrong on some French nuclear site and they are using the Russians to hide it? This is the stuff that is extremely problematic. Then you take into account the trade winds and it seems even more unlikely that these particles came from Russia. And if you really dont know where the particles came from then just say we HAVE NO IDEA! Instead its more politicizing.

Its hard not to go political when talking about Russia because well, turn on any MSM news cast... its Russia this Russia that blah blah blah, 24/7 literally. And if we have learned anything from Donna Brazilles book its that the fix was in but it had nothing to do with the Russians.

Waiting for your evidence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Waiting for your evidence.

I am not presenting any evidence for anything. I am calling out all the inuendo and politicizing that is going on all over europe and the U.S. There is no evidence for or against Russia Anything. Its just 24 hours of Russia this and Russia that. And when it really is Russia, no one will believe it because MSM has been yelling Wolf for a year and a half now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nzo said:

I am not presenting any evidence for anything. I am calling out all the inuendo and politicizing that is going on all over europe and the U.S. There is no evidence for or against Russia Anything. Its just 24 hours of Russia this and Russia that. And when it really is Russia, no one will believe it because MSM has been yelling Wolf for a year and a half now.

Well, that's been Russia's plan all along. 

You know, the finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nzo said:

The French say that they have evidence and are willing to share it with anyone who'd like to see it and Russia is infamous for covering up nuclear catastrophes (see Chernobyl).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Nzo said:

That makes no sense. Do you know how cramped western Europe is? The neighboring countries would have immediately found out about it, and it would be easy to trace it back to France. Just like now, the trace leads towards Russia. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parsec said:

Well, that's been Russia's plan all along. 

You know, the finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist. 

Umm.... that would be to assume that the Russians control the mainstream liberal media ? 

Are you SURE you wan't to go down that path ? :) 

27 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.... that would be to assume that the Russians control the mainstream liberal media ? 

Are you SURE you wan't to go down that path ? :) 

I was pulling Nzo's leg, but sure why not? 

No, it doesn't take for Russia to control the MSM (all of them of course, not only the "liberal", otherwise based on your logic the trick wouldn’t work), but simply for Putin and his followers to be good players and actors. 

Or are you implying that Kujan was in cahoot with Söze? 

No, he just played him like a fiddle. 

12 hours ago, Parsec said:

I was pulling Nzo's leg, but sure why not? 

No, it doesn't take for Russia to control the MSM (all of them of course, not only the "liberal", otherwise based on your logic the trick wouldn’t work), but simply for Putin and his followers to be good players and actors. 

Or are you implying that Kujan was in cahoot with Söze? 

No, he just played him like a fiddle. 

"Good Players and Actors" ? What ? The RUSSIANS ? Oh come ON Parsec. You'll be accusing them of being good chess players next. Or Putin of being a martial arts expert. 

Oh... wait.... :unsure2:

• Like 3

Well most of the wind in France come from the West. It's dominant global circulation at this latitude. Russia is not in the Atlantic...

You could have some wind from the east, rarely from far but did they had the same radiation reading in Germany, Belgium, Italy, Poland, etc ?

Far fetched to me...

Edited by Jon the frog

Hmm.. then why did we have to slaughter all the Welsh sheep after Chernobyl ? 

1 hour ago, Jon the frog said:

You could have some wind from the east, rarely from far but did they had the same radiation reading in Germany, Belgium, Italy, Poland, etc ?

The German Federal Office for Radiation Protection measured increased radiation levels in October in the state of Saxony (south-east of Germany).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toast said:

The German Federal Office for Radiation Protection measured increased radiation levels in October in the state of Saxony (south-east of Germany).

Interesting ! 

Edited by Jon the frog

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I didn't say impossible... you got meteorological systems giving other wind direction...but in these situation you look the other side before pointing fingers... probably have been done... but all country are bunched together, easy to point to Russia but well...

Chernobyl was way more than a fart ! I We got radioactive fallout reading in Canada from the event...negligible increase but you know...they have tested mild and stuff for levels.  Welsh was way nearer !

They talk about medical grade radioactive material.. it's not like a release from a nuclear plant.. 

Edited by Jon the frog

On 11/10/2017 at 7:18 AM, UM-Bot said:

The unexplained cloud of Ruthenium-106 particles was detected over Europe in September and October.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/313214/did-radiation-over-europe-come-from-russia

Something I'm finding interesting from the article. The team thinks this came from either Russia or Kazakhstan. The team contacted Russia and Russia said not us. But the team hasn't contacted Kazakhstan yet. Wouldn't it be a good idea to contact Kazakhstan too?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Why was it only areas of the UK with high levels of natural background radiation that was affected ;)  

Anyway, I smoke and eat bananas and brazil nuts.  I probably glow in the dark already :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

Why was it only areas of the UK with high levels of natural background radiation that was affected ;)  

Anyway, I smoke and eat bananas and brazil nuts.  I probably glow in the dark already :D 

You smoke bananas? :rofl:

• Like 1