Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facebook asking for nude photos

bmk1245

I also wonder how many people will - thinking its a good idea to send these pictures to FB for save keeping - accidentally upload them to their facebook page instead.

The possibility for huge embarrassment is  immense.

if their idea is to match your image and another on the net using algorithm similar to google image search, lol. fail.  edit picture a bit, change few colors, and it wont be a match anymore, feel free to try yourself,  they just gave "weapon" to anyone who would use those pics with malicious intent, how to avoid FB   IDing them and removing.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, toast said:

Hoax.

I just searched --- ''''Facebook denies asking for nude pictures''' and nothing came up about any denial..?

34 minutes ago, bee said:

I just searched --- ''''Facebook denies asking for nude pictures''' and nothing came up about any denial..?

I searched similar yesterday and found nothing, even not on the FB HP news section, as well but it seems to be highly absurd that FB would publish such a request.

Extract from an article in The Guardian:

Facebook and other technology companies use this type of photo-matching technology where images are “hashed” to tackle other types of content including child sex abuse and extremist imagery.

The technology was first developed in 2009 by Microsoft, working closely with Dartmouth and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to clamp down on the same images of sexually abused children being circulated over and over again on the internet. There was technology that could find exact matches of images, but abusers could get around this by slightly altering the files – either by changing their size or adding a small mark.

PhotoDNA’s “hash” matching technology made it possible to identify known illegal images even if someone had altered them. Facebook, Twitter and Google all use the same hash database to identify and remove illegal images.

link

Means, there are software applications in use already those can detect/block any kind of nude*spam filter*ographic images. So I would not make sense to request additional images of a specific person to detect/block nude*spam filter*ographic images of that specific person on FB.

Quote from an INDEPENDENT article:

Most of the process is automated. Once a photo is verified, it will be converted into a numerical representation called a hash that can only be read by computers, not humans – and any picture that is uploaded will be checked against these hashes to ensure that it isn't on the list of Facebook's banned pictures.

link

So its claimed that the images have to be verified first by FB employees and the images can not be read by humans after that has been done but that does not mean that these images are confidential from that time on. The very majority of such images will be taken with  a smart phone and a lot of users are using clouds to store images. In addition, a lot of phone apps have access to the personal image gallery of its user, so there will be no guarantee that such images are not open to a lot of 3rt parties.

I might be wrong, but ...

heres what I sent facebook, my nude pic

GettyImages-85527609.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 6:58 AM, seeder said:

GettyImages-85527609.jpg

Now you've done it, you broke the internet.   Move over, Kim Kardashian.    :P  

• Like 4

On 14/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, seeder said:

GettyImages-85527609.jpg

I was about to offer a similar "security" service to UM members, but you've convinced me to employ my entrepreneurial skills in something... anything... absolutely anything... else... :no:

• Like 1

I'd post mine but I couldn't get hold of a set of Macro Lens ...

~

• Like 1

reminds me of, " give us your credit card number, and we will check against stolen cards database, and see if you have your info stolen" lol, if you hadn't, then you will defiantly have. once you send them the numbers. lol

On 11/11/2017 at 5:42 AM, Lilly said:

How about this for an idea: Don't take these types of pictures to begin with. Be damn careful who you date. Be suspicious of Facebook and social media.

*ding!* *ding!* *ding!* "Common sense" wins again! Now if we could only make it more common...

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, bmk1245 said:

Definitely.

Go visit your parents/grandparents and talk to them, talk to your friends in the pub, have fun, make a call (if you cant visit) and talk, for f's sake.

Heck... We are nearing idiocracy in increasing pace.

Impossible. My family lives on the other side of the planet. This is the only way we can regularely keep in touch on daily basis. Going off facebook? Not gonna happen.

This has to be an freaking joke.. it has to be. 

10 hours ago, Mr Supertypo said:

Impossible. My family lives on the other side of the planet. This is the only way we can regularely keep in touch on daily basis. Going off facebook? Not gonna happen.

OK, your choice. Though, you can pick up the phone, and call, and talk.

9 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

This has to be an freaking joke.. it has to be. 

Kinda, hype died out. Can't find anything new about that, so, probably, not entire truth, aka fake (I'd guess)