Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New version: Most advanced robot dog

seeder

Here boy! Boston Dynamics reveals new version of its MiniSpot robot DOG it says is 'perfect for the home'

Boston Dynamics best known for Atlas, its 5 foot 9 humanoid robot, and spot, a four legged 'dog robot'
    New spot Mini prototype is shown wandering around a yard and 'sniffing' the camera
    Secretive firm was recently bought by SoftBank after being owned by Google

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5079361/Boston-Dynamics-reveals-new-version-robot-DOG.html#ixzz4yPiSGXW3

• Like 5

before....it looked like this

• Like 2

It does the dishes, attach a vacuum and I'm sold.   I'll buy two, if they one big enough I can ride.   A horse that doesn't bite, kick or throw you off, because it saw a bag.  But still goes over trails like a horse.  Hope they make them water proof.   We're building a whole new world with robotics, I don't know whether to love it or fear it. 

• Like 3

nuff said ...

~

[00.02:18]

~

• Like 2

Well that's just plain creepy.  I mean, if you're going to make a robot dog, make it look like a dog.  Who would want that thing as a pet?  Maybe I just don't get people.  

"..and the robot dogs went on to be a great benefit to mankind, assisting the elderly and saving men from hostile environments. A machine gun was never attached to it's back and it was never used for military campaigns or domestic crowd control.     THE END"

All the pieces of a Terminator future are here in their infancy, someone just needs to refine them a bit and slap them together. We are witnessing the obsolescence of humanity in slow motion... 

• Like 1

And THIS is what you use when the robot dog gets temperamental...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

Well that's just plain creepy.  I mean, if you're going to make a robot dog, make it look like a dog.  Who would want that thing as a pet?  Maybe I just don't get people.  

Well BigDog was designed for the U.S military, so this one is probably similar. More function over form.

It will be interesting to see the specs compared, and how much they were able to reduce noise.

• Like 2

When are they going to get to this stage?

300px-Muffit.jpg

Anyone remember where that is from.

One of these would be nice also.

k9.jpg

If it has a drone that can lift off, directed by the dog only, and can destroy itself and the dog, l am sold.

B)

Doctor Who's K9 is the world's most advanced robodog.

K9_2006.jpg

Edited by Black Monk

5 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Doctor Who's K9 is the world's most advanced robodog.

K9_2006.jpg

Nah he had wheels and can only move on smooth floors... the dog in the OP can run, climb and jump on rough ground

20 hours ago, seeder said:

Nah he had wheels and can only move on smooth floors... the dog in the OP can run, climb and jump on rough ground

K9 can shoot enemies such as Daleks with lasers and, since he regenerated in 2009, can fly.

37 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

K9 can shoot enemies such as Daleks with lasers and, since he regenerated in 2009, can fly.

only in the movies tho

On 11/19/2017 at 5:04 AM, Black Monk said:

There exists a flying Cat....

These guys are making some awesome, and somewhat scary tech. It wasn't all that long ago the challenge was making a bot that could navigate a flat level surface without falling. Now they can navigate rough terrain, right themselves, recover dropped items. 

Can you imagine backpacking with all the comforts of home hauled on your "dog" while you saunter along with just a walking stick or even ride it too? Search and rescue, these things could take you right to a transponder to find hikers or avalanche victims. Medivac through rough terrain and weather to a suitable landing area. 

So many applications beyond military ones, but of course the military needs drive the industry, or at least have up until recently. Lots of ultra rich geeks making toy rockets and robots these days.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:52 AM, DieChecker said:

Anyone remember where that is from.

Battlestar Gallactica the original series. Muffet the robot dog created for Boxy... yeah I'm old

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

And in the TV series.

The Sarah Jane Chronicles, I believe, not actually the Dr Who series. ??? At least for K9-mark 4. The one that could hover/fly.

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

The Sarah Jane Chronicles, I believe, not actually the Dr Who series. ??? At least for K9-mark 4. The one that could hover/fly.

K9 has been in Doctor Who since 1977.