Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious music box song

UM-Bot

By: Bamokno | Location: U.S.A

I was dropping my friend off at her house to pick up something so I parked in the communal parking lot. Once I parked I turned the engine off but not the car so I could listen to music (my friend was going to take about ten minutes). After sitting for about three a song came on that I didn't care for so I started flipping through the stations when I heard a little girl scream.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111948/mysterious-music-box-song

• Like 1

One thing you may not have noticed in your internet searching is that one of the many ghost EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) techniques is to scan through different radio frequencies and static to find a frequency that might work. It is interesting to me that you mentioned flipping around radio stations before the female scream came through. As for the music box? Maybe a spirit looking for happier soothing times or an actual natural source you didn't detect??

On 11/15/2017 at 5:55 AM, UM-Bot said:

Weird this came up  The other day I was planting my Fall garden and a music-box song came up in my mind and wouldn't stop playing for awhile.  Da de dah, dah dum dum de , Da de dah, dah dum dum de, dah dah de dum dum de dum...dah dah dah dum ..de de dum..dah dah dah de dum dum de, dah dah dah de dum dum de, dah dah de dum, de dum...

I think it was a german tune because it came from a old german music box I had as a kid.

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely you heard a distant station. I have heard music boxes on the radio but it was a long time ago. As for squealing girls, you were in a residential area and you know what noises kids make when they get excited.

Edited by Codenwarra