Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants a Thank You from UCLA players

OverSword

On 11/16/2017 at 6:02 AM, skliss said:

So extending what I would consider a common courtesy makes them "suckers"? I would hope my children would always thank anyone who helps them....it reflects on them and the way we raised them more than anything else.

I agree and to this day, 24 years after her passing, I still honor my mom in the way I treat my elders and others who have positions deserving respect.  Sadly, it's a dying tradition, even here in the deep south.

• Like 3

One of the fathers of the players thinks that shopping lifting is "no big deal." He needs to go back to school!

• Like 6

On 11/15/2017 at 2:39 PM, Ashotep said:

He should have left them there.  I mean really, travel to a foreign country and can't control yourself for the short time your there, pathetic.  Since he didn't leave them there they should be kicked off the team permanently.

Special treatment as school heroes and privilege sometimes leads to arrogance and a sense of entitlement.  They thought they were untouchable, maybe thought it was a harmless adventure.  Big mistake. Still they are kids.  They should suffer the consequences and learn something.  Their lives should not be destroyed.  The president should be a big enough man to do a good deed and move on without a twitter fit about not being thanked.  I think most of the members here would, with only a little private grousing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Princess Serenity said:

One of the fathers of the players thinks that shopping lifting is "no big deal." He needs to go back to school!

I doubt he has any idea what The Chinese could have...might have done to his son for 'shoplifting'...good thing they weren't in Saudi Arabia.

• Like 3

Yeah, when I thought of the three players, I thought of Warmbier. But then again everything about this whole deal- from the players to the tweets makes Americans look superficial and shallow.  I honestly think it would have been better to have just left them there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, when I thought of the three players, I thought of Warmbier. But then again everything about this whole deal- from the players to the tweets makes Americans look superficial and shallow.  I honestly think it would have been better to have just left them there. 

And on that, we are in full agreement. 

On 11/20/2017 at 7:58 PM, Princess Serenity said:

His attitude goes a long way towards explaining why the young man behaved as he did.  I took a toy from a drug store when I was about 5. It cost 10c and later on the same day I happened to come into sudden wealth!  I got a dime from an uncle.  I went back to that same store and was looking for a different toy when I was told by a clerk that I owed them a dime for the one I had been observed stealing.  My face was so red it looked like I had a sunburn :w00t:    I paid up and left and never shoplifted again.  I was very lucky that my mom never became aware of THAT little secret.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Sure but sooner or later had the great negotiator done nothing he’d have been slammed as a racist for not helping three black kids in a foreign jail for a petty crime.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

I think Mr ball is a disgrace, and obviously a poor role model for his son.

Trump should have left them in jail.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, and then said:

His attitude goes a long way towards explaining why the young man behaved as he did.  I took a toy from a drug store when I was about 5. It cost 10c and later on the same day I happened to come into sudden wealth!  I got a dime from an uncle.  I went back to that same store and was looking for a different toy when I was told by a clerk that I owed them a dime for the one I had been observed stealing.  My face was so red it looked like I had a sunburn :w00t:    I paid up and left and never shoplifted again.  I was very lucky that my mom never became aware of THAT little secret.  

Oh man that reminds me of my own adolescence shoplifting story. 

Im 12 years old, and for whatever reason I had a short time were I smoked ciggeretts(sp?). 

Back then you could go in a store and buy smokes “for your parents”. 

So im waiting in this store to buy a pack. The lady behind the counter has her back to me making a sandwich for someone. So I get the bright idea to take a couple packs along with buying another. 

So I take them all slick like (or so I thought). 

Suddenly I begin to feel this tremendous quilt. I had known this store owner for years. They have always gone out of their way for me, and my whole neighborhood for that matter. 

By that time other people began coming in the store, and it seemed like I had no way to but them back. 

Now I didn’t know much about God back then, but I felt so quilty that I said a prayer right then. I said something like “ God if you give me a chance to put them back I will.”

Now this little deli is full of people.  The women finished what she was doing and asks me what she could do for me. So I gave up on thinking I’d be able to put them back. As I told her I needed a pack of smokes, this older really tough scary looking guy comes out from the back. 

I was paying with a bunch of change, so as the women was counting it out, the guy walks over to her and asked how much was there. After she told him, the guy turns to me and says to me that I didn’t have enough, because of the two packs that were in my pocket. This happened in a store full of people. This was probably the most embarrassing moment of my life.

They made me give them back, and the guy very intimidatingly tells me to get out and never come back.

As I walk out of the store, I sarcastically thank God for the opportunity to give them back like I had asked for. Then I thought to myself that next time I pray I’m going to be much more specific lol

Man I had totally forgotten that till I read your story. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Plot twist:

UCLA players' release from China secured before Trump got involved: report

He had nothing to do with their release, but then took credit for it. Sounds familiar.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Plot twist:

UCLA players' release from China secured before Trump got involved: report

He had nothing to do with their release, but then took credit for it. Sounds familiar.

Ahh another "a source" hu? Not likely. If this was the case the players would have been like 'what is he talking about? We were already out'. Instead of directly thanking him.

Its soo sad how far people will go to trash this man. He literally cant do anything without it being the worst thing he could have done.

30 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ahh another "a source" hu? Not likely. If this was the case the players would have been like 'what is he talking about? We were already out'. Instead of directly thanking him.

Its soo sad how far people will go to trash this man. He literally cant do anything without it being the worst thing he could have done.

How much did those rose-tinted glasses set you back?