Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants a Thank You from UCLA players

OverSword

One of these dudes dad's is Lavar Ball...i'm sure he's trying at this very moment to figure out how Trump is a racist for this :rolleyes:

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

i wish trump never got involved, these spoiled punks need to be given a lesson. i doubt anything will be done to punish them now.

i was wrong, fortunately.

UCLA indefinitely suspends three players arrested for shoplifting in China

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ucla-indefinitely-suspends-three-players-arrested-shoplifting-china-193835792.html

• Like 4

Go to China and engage in petty theft, nice. :rolleyes: Guess they thought their basketball privilege would protect them. Some time in other country's jail might do them some good.

Never understood US college sports. These are in theory just students who play, in reality whole school culture revolves around them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Russian Hare said:

Go to China and engage in petty theft, nice. :rolleyes: Guess they thought their basketball privilege would protect them. Some time in other country's jail might do them some good.

Never understood US college sports. These are in theory just students who play, in reality whole school culture revolves around them.

Schools use their teams to assert "dominance" and attract potential new star-athletes just like countries use the Olympics to assert their "power" on the global stage. Both are taken very seriously as reputations are on the line.

Edit to add--

The least they could do is give the Prez a "thank you". He saved them from Chinese prison. Chinese prison. With how much athletes have been s****ing all over him this year, I don't think he's out of line expecting a thanks. Who knows what he had to say to get those guys off the hook.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

One of these dudes dad's is Lavar Ball...i'm sure he's trying at this very moment to figure out how Trump is a racist for this :rolleyes:

Umm, definitely not a Lavar Ball fan, but what evidence do you have to support this comment?  His children are half white...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

They should all be expelled.

They were suspended indefinitely, but what should there status as basketball players change how they are treated from any other student that is caught committing a crime in regards to their standing with the school?

• Like 3

Trump should get a thank you from these jerks.

He should have left them there.  I mean really, travel to a foreign country and can't control yourself for the short time your there, pathetic.  Since he didn't leave them there they should be kicked off the team permanently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Trump should get a thank you from these jerks.

He should have left them there.  I mean really, travel to a foreign country and can't control yourself for the short time your there, pathetic.  Since he didn't leave them there they should be kicked off the team permanently.

They already thanked him in a press conference today.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Among those who each of the players took time to thank was President Donald Trump, who intervened on their behalf by asking his Chinese counterpart for help resolving the matter.

Link

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

They were suspended indefinitely, but what should there status as basketball players change how they are treated from any other student that is caught committing a crime in regards to their standing with the school?

Good question.  I assume they were there as representatives of the school and the team which is why I call for expulsion.  If they don't expel them then they should lose eligibility for the year and also be expected to make the Dean's List. 

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Suckers.

5 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Umm, definitely not a Lavar Ball fan, but what evidence do you have to support this comment?  His children are half white...

Lavar is nothing but an absolute tool and at the rate athletes are pumping the "RACIST" smoke it wouldn't suprise me one bit...

As for "evidence" my comment was made somewhat in jest and we all know how someone being "half white" excludes them from slinging around the 'ol race card...*cough* obama *cough*

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Good question.  I assume they were there as representatives of the school and the team which is why I call for expulsion.  If they don't expel them then they should lose eligibility for the year and also be expected to make the Dean's List. 

Wouldn't matter much,can't remember but i think one only has to be one year removed from hs to play pro basketball...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, toast said:

Suckers.

So extending what I would consider a common courtesy makes them "suckers"? I would hope my children would always thank anyone who helps them....it reflects on them and the way we raised them more than anything else.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skliss said:

So extending what I would consider a common courtesy makes them "suckers"? I would hope my children would always thank anyone who helps them....it reflects on them and the way we raised them more than anything else.

I partially agree with you but #45 didnt did that because of the guys, but because of the applause expected. And hopefully your kids will learn that common courtesy is a two way track, whats unknown to #45 and you should explain that to your kids very well. Maybe you can take this vids, which are a very good examples (but only 2 out of many) for executed discourtesy, as a lesson:

• Like 1

The pathological hatred of  Trump is one thing, but the obsessive-compulsive need to bring up every discredited bit of propaganda about him is just plain boring.

I think it was a waste of time to even talk about these three fools. 

and so....

^_^

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

Only whiney self obsessed children demand a "thank you" for doing their job...

It wasn’t his job to save them from crimes they committed in a foreign land. He could have just as easily did nothing and let them rot in prison. 

• Like 5

So once again...  sportsball players get extra sweeties that the rest of us plebs don’t. Appalling. Utterly appalling.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So once again...  sportsball players get extra sweeties that the rest of us plebs don’t. Appalling. Utterly appalling.

Right! Maybe someone should point out to them how grateful they should be. Oh wait...

• Like 2

Those ungrateful brats shouldn’t have to be coerced into giving a simple thank you. Prez didn’t have to do anything at all. And double shame on the one dad for downplaying the idiocy of his kid and for being unnecessarily ungrateful. http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/politics/lavar-ball-donald-trump/index.html

• Like 3