Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Eyed Children / Black eyed kids

Ithappenedirl

ok I am really freaking out about this and I have no way to get my message out to enough people. Please don't take this lightly and stay safe, here is what happened to me two nights ago. I was encouraged to post by friends who tell me people need to know what I've experienced. I recently moved into a condo in southeast Portland. Outside of downtown, it's pretty rural here and there are more houses and condos than apartment complexes. I was out on my balcony smoking a cigarette when I noticed something strange. 

Now I'll preface this by saying I have heard of black eyed kids, children, people, whatever. I don't usually get spooked by scary stories or creepy pastas. They are all fun and games right? No harm. I have had weird things happen to me I can't explain, don't get me wrong. My boyfriend swears I was possessed once, I had an object "thrown at me" by no one when I was alone in a basement. Paranormal weirdness that I don't bother much to try and understand. I dismiss it and go on with my life. I never believed I'd be writing something like this on a site like this. I'm a graduate student on a professional track and I stay pretty firmly grounded in scientific and reasonable explainations- whether I know what they are or not I favor the belief they underlying everything.

Ok so on my balcony smoking. Across the condo complex on a neighbor's balcony I see two silhouettes. It's late, around 2 am and it's a week night. One was slightly taller than the other but they looked to be females around the age of 8-12 with one a bit older. I saw movement and the two stood close to one another and I could hear them knocking on this second story balcony door. My light was off so aside from my cigarette burning I don't think anyone could see me well enough to know I was there, and once I saw them I was frozen still. I don't know why, but as soon as I could make out their shapes I felt an overwhelming sense of terror. Like something imminent and dangerous was preying on me and I couldn't move. After some time, ten minutes of paralyzing fear and listening to their knocks the light in the condo came on and someone opened their blinds. I was afraid for them. I wanted to yell to the neighbor to stop but I was more afraid they'd see me and I can't explain it but I knew I didn't want them to know I was watching. The neighbor stepped back I think confused and apprehensive. I could understand why. I heard the voice of the older taller one...and it's burned in my mind. It was completely accentless and seemed to be void of any life or cheer. Like a kid is usually happy sounding even if they aren't happy but it was so weird, I knew it wasn't the voice of a child, or a person. It wasn't human, something in this voice was wrong. I couldn't hear exactly what she was saying but at one point the smaller one turned around and stared straight at me like she knew I was there the whole time. I wanted to p*** myself. Still paralyzed with fear I couldn't move. I saw pale skin and huge black eyes. It was dark, it was far, but I know what I saw. When she turned the light from inside the neighbor's balcony shed light on them so I could see well enough to know her eyes were pitch black, her clothes were strange and old, outdated, and she was expressionless. The neighbor had the door open only an inch or two and her hand looked ready to slam it shut. The taller girl became angry and she seemed as though she was going to make her way in through the damn door. The neighbor slammed it and locked it hard. I could hear the fear of that woman with the intensity in which she locked that door. She stepped back from the door leaving the blinds drawn and I lost sight of her. They stood before the smaller one looked up at the taller one. The two looked at each other, said nothing! No communication, and in unison looked toward me and I broke free of my paralysis to bolt inside and lock the door. Still holding my cigarette with it's filter burning at this point. I kept the light off and kept my eyes on their shadowy silhouettes. This is where it gets crazy sounding and I search desperately for a way to say this that anyone reading can comprehend the sheer shock, terror, and seriousness at what I witnessed with my own two eyes. They effing dematerialized. No ****. I mean, they just turned into almost a swarm of what could have been insects, and disa****ingpeared. Swear to God, on my life. I watched the spot where they had been standing for what had to be the longest sixty seconds or so of my life. And I stepped back away from the window in fear of them popping up behind me or something. I was shaking violently and my cat rubbed on my leg meowing in some attempt to console me because he sensed my fear. I noticed my cigarette filter still on my hand was flattened from me pinching it so hard. I looked down at my cat milo and back outside because I wanted to try and find them. I looked where they were on the porch to see if I'd gone insane temporarily and they were just hiding there or something. They were gone. My neighbor returned to where I could see her in her window, she was on the phone, probably with the police and that's when I noticed them again, directly above her, on the ****ing roof!!! Just standing above her, holding hands, and they got on their hands and knees, I still was completely gripped by fear and horrified by what I was seeing. 

Back track, since we moved in we have been hearing things on the roof at night. Running back and forth, foot steps, dropping something heavy sounds, which is weird because we are on the second and top floor. We have been arguing with the neighbors who say we are making too much noise during "quiet hours of 10:30-6 AM" which we definitely don't. I am always sleeping due to medical school and my boyfriend stays up late but always by himself. We don't have a TV, so he just reads or looks stuff up on his phone, he doesn't stomp around or move furniture. So I always thought it was weird that it sounds like people are walking above us or running or whatever it is but chalk it up to trees hitting the rooftop and what not. 

So these ****ers are on the roof somehow, don't know how they could've even gotten up there, and they get on their hands and knees and are moving on top of this lady's roof. It looks like they may have been scratching at it or digging at it but I could see their black eyes in contrast to their skin with their heads cranked up straight watching me through my window of my balcony door. They were both looking right ****ing at me which was extremely unnerving. I didn't even know wtf was happening or why, I knew I had to get some kind of proof of what was happening but I was terrified to take my eyes off them and lose them from view. I knew my phone was plugged into the charger in the kitchen and something in my head said to me, not in my voice, "don't move, you may not like where you see me next". Like someone was talking to me in my mind. It scared me so much I felt like my heart was going to explode. I wished someone other than my Cat was there so I could validate what I saw and ask them to bring me my phone so I didn't lose sight of them but didn't have to take my eyes off them to chance them vanishing. ****. Phone is important, must prove I'm not crazy. I broke our staring match and ran to the kitchen, just breaking the gaze eased a bit of the terror but I was still shaking. I grabbed my phone and went back to the window. They stood up in unison, I pulled up my camera and snapped but the flash reflected on my window and it was a ****ty nothing picture. I think it upset them I was trying to photograph them and again they started disappearing. Like I said earlier dematerializing or something because you could see like pieces of them all fading sporadically lessening into them not being there at all!! Wtf?!?!?! I stayed looking at the roof, the balconies, even down below and couldn't see anything or anyone. My neighbor was still on the phone at the door, her husband or significant other or male roommate was there with her and she was pointing up and talking to either him or whoever was on the phone. She pointed outside and stomped her foot. He was shaking his head in what seemed like disbelief and she passed him the phone and left my line of sight into her condo. I wanted to go out on my balcony but I was still very afraid. I felt wrong, sick to my stomach from the intensity of the experience. I told my boyfriend about it when he came home and he was very freaked out. He has never seen me get upset to literal tears about anything and knows I am a die-hard skeptic of aliens, ghosts, and anything paranormal. I dismiss every photo or video as a hoax and just think with everything anyone can do technology wise today there has to be a reasonable explanation. Not for this ****. I'm sorry but people don't ****ing dematerialize and rematerialize, they don't we aren't there yet and don't think we will be for a long ass time so what the **** did I see? Anyway it shook me to my core and I wish the story ends there.

The next night I was smoking on my balcony. This was last night. It was earlier than before and this time my boyfriend was home. I felt creeped out but ok to go out with him within screams reach, so I was going to have a quick cigarette before bed. I was in a robe and slippers, and this time I turned my light on. I sat down and lit my cigarette with the balcony door still open. I took a long drag and exhaled and heard two coughs somewhere above me. Holy ****. I knew exactly what it was. I froze and a deep sense of dread boiled up, just like the night before. I threw my cigarette and almost tripped sliding inside the open door. I locked it immediately, at which point my cat began freaking out because he hates being locked out and followed me outside. **** he was going bananas. Screaming patheticly and franticly I gave in and opened the door, he bolted inside and I slid it closed and locked it again. I kept the light on and called my boyfriend over. They are on the ****ing roof! I said, and we both got quiet, we heard footsteps above us and his eyes got big. We stood there silent and still just listening. They sounded like they were heading toward our front door. I ran over to it to double lock it using the top lock which we always leave open. As soon as I touched it I felt this cold creeping depressing sadness come over me like a wave. And there it was...knock, knock, knock. They were waiting for ME to open my door. I tried to muster up the courage to yell who is it which came out more like, "hoos thr?" Timid and way less courageous sounding than I would've liked. That voice from the prior night, that dead lifeless voice was being directed at me, "ma'am you have to let us in, please help us?"

**** no. I didn't say anything. I wished my door had a peephole but it doesn't. So I started backing away, knock knock knock. My boyfriend came up behind me and gave me his phone. He said, "we have to get a picture or no one will believe this ****" softly in my ear. I shook my head knowing he was right and started to approach the door again, hoping to sneak a photo through the high window to the right of the door. When I was just a few steps away the taller one lifted her face up to the ****ing window and shook her head in a dissaproving no. The blinds were mostly down but I could see her face almost entirely with the exception of her lips and chin. Those big black eyes with absolutely no white sclera anywhere, **** they we're huge. Like too big to be human eyes. And there was no way she could reach my window, she had to be floating there to look in, which made me really confused and scared. I had my camera up and ready and snapped the picture without flash, and when I looked at it SHE WASNT IN IT! IM SERIOUS!!!! She should've been. I snapped it while she was there,she was still there after I took it, but she wasn't in the ****ing picture guys! I looked back at her soulless creepy ass face and she somehow smiled without smiling like haha you can't prove this happened. I almost wanted to open the door and be like wtf are you? And that's when it happened again, and my boyfriend saw it too. She just slowly fell apart into nothingness and vanished! The heaviness lifted and my boyfriend and I were like wtf?!? He asked if we should open the door and look and I was like just hold on a ****ing second.he asked if I got the picture. I gave him the phone to see for himself. He was like no way! What the hell? 

I don't know what they are but there is a reason there are no pictures of them that are real. They can't be photographed. Does that mean they exist in another dimension? Or they are dead? Or vampires? Idfk I never would believe anyone if I heard my story from anyone else. If it didn't happen to me there'd be no way I'd give it the time of day. But it did happen to me, and I'm really scared it's going to keep happening, or worse. What do I do? I am so grateful to be alive but the terror I felt around these girls really has me on edge. I am so scared of going out on my balcony or even leaving my house at night or going to my house. It doesn't feel safe, and I have no way to legitimize what happened or do anything about it. I want answers. I want to know what they are. I want to ask them if I see them again but it's like I can't even speak around them. I am just almost completely immobilized. How does someone combat something like this? It's like something from a Steven novel but it ****ing actually happened bed. I feel like they are really p***ed I tried to take pictures of them and idk what is going to happen next if anything, but I had to get it out somehow because it is real, it does exist, and it's changed everything I've ever thought about paranormal experiences. So scared. I hope they don't ever come back, but I know from hearing things at night they may be here more often than I'd like to believe and whether I see them or not, they are there, and I have no way to prove it. Really frustrating and soul shaking. Anyone help? Answers? Advice? What are they what do they want? Has this happened to anyone else or something similar? 

BeaconSwitchFolder.htm?rnd=0.26871262267137896

• Like 8

• The title was changed to Black Eyed Children / Black eyed kids

Wow. Just wow. This is the best black eyed kids story I believe I have ever heard. You got  to talk to your neighbor that had the experience too and discuss this together to learn more.

I have always thought that if it was me I would aggressively try to interact with them to learn more. But they same to paranormally produce a fear so maybe I am just showing false bravado, lol. 

In analysis of something like this step 1) is determining if something beyond the normal did occur and then 2) What is it?

Step 1) can be checked off in your mind, it appears. As for the rest of us, we can add your report to other black eyed kids stories. But you have  witnesses making the same claim of dematerialization. (I believe you said your boyfriend observed paranormal events also associated with this incident).  You need to talk with your neighbor too. Multiple witnesses make cases much stronger.  My objective opinion from all these stories and my firm opinion that this universe is weirder than our simple view would like to keep it, is that it is very highly likely this Black Eyed Kid (BEK) phenomena is indeed something unknown to our science.

Step 2) What are they? Aliens/Ghosts/Both/Neither?? I have not yet heard one theory that I would lead with but I am sure their must be good speculation out there by others I haven't seen. What are they trying to do by interacting with people?? I am open ears to theories.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 4

Ha, that was an awesome story. I honestly mean no offense in saying this, but I think it’s a made up. Well done though. 

Now im not saying for sure it’s made up, many have said the same to me about things I know for a fact happened, so my apologies if it is real.  

• Like 1

First off a spirit would have to be as poweful as satan have that be his only form and evryone around you would have to be a legitamate medium to see this.It is spritually impossible.

second off your delusional in some ways and kids can have black eyes due to certain eye fluids this also gives people blue and green eyes along with gray you may have been hearing kids parkouring on your roof as it is probably a good area to practice next a spirit cant dissolve it just dissapears

28 minutes ago, skrubby said:

First off a spirit would have to be as poweful as satan have that be his only form and evryone around you would have to be a legitamate medium to see this.It is spritually impossible.

second off your delusional in some ways and kids can have black eyes due to certain eye fluids this also gives people blue and green eyes along with gray you may have been hearing kids parkouring on your roof as it is probably a good area to practice next a spirit cant dissolve it just dissapears

Where do you get your infos from? And how powerful is Satan?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I honestly mean no offense in saying this, but I think it’s a made up. 

What made you think that way? I didn't get that impression although I realize it is possible. It would be really low to deceive people intentionally on something that affects people's worldview.

I mean I wouldn't write that much to deceive and receive such limited attention,

I had an undeniable experience one day and being a forum poster guy, I went right out and documented the story the same day in my astonishment. 

• Like 2

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

Where do you get your infos from? And how powerful is Satan?

if im capable of re creating most of this scenario which i am its not very hard besides do you honestly think something as well detailed as that is possible at being true i dont however i do believe its an incredible made up story if i were the person that wrote this i would make it a book it would sell well as a story anyways do you honestly think a manifestation as poweful as that and many people can hear also note that people are very starving specificaly people he mentioned also eye colors can be changed from their original gray eyes are blue eyes that have an excessive amount of collagen deposits that interfere with the stroma with tyndall scaterring makin them gray and blocking the apperance of blue hues , black eyes are just dark colored brown eyes that look black because of their darkness there is also somone who uses lasers to cut out melanin and make people with brown eyes have blue eyes due to blue eyes having no melanin

1 minute ago, skrubby said:

if im capable of re creating most of this scenario which i am its not very hard besides do you honestly think something as well detailed as that is possible at being true i dont however i do believe its an incredible made up story if i were the person that wrote this i would make it a book it would sell well as a story anyways do you honestly think a manifestation as poweful as that and many people can hear also note that people are very starving specificaly people he mentioned also eye colors can be changed from their original gray eyes are blue eyes that have an excessive amount of collagen deposits that interfere with the stroma with tyndall scaterring makin them gray and blocking the apperance of blue hues , black eyes are just dark colored brown eyes that look black because of their darkness there is also somone who uses lasers to cut out melanin and make people with brown eyes have blue eyes due to blue eyes having no melanin

That doesn't answer my questions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What made you think that way? I didn't get that impression although I realize it is possible. It would be really low to deceive people intentionally on something that affects people's worldview.

I mean I wouldn't write that much to deceive and receive such limited attention,

I had an undeniable experience one day and being a forum poster guy, I went right out and documented the story the same day in my astonishment. 

hmmm to be fair however you may have seen what you seen but there are people who make stuff up also where did it take place what state if its a populated state its possible that it may have been a homeless child who lost meaning in their life and just want to live and you may have scared them so they ran away in black cloaks or something if its an unpopulated area though its possible what you said did happen

i would like to know the timing and location of this event you experienced there could have been factors applying to this like halloween or people trying to get stuff for thanks giving its possible they are sneaking out so the time would have to be night and please if you can explain their physical conditions so i can evaluate this situation it is possible if what u witnessed was paranormal then it may have been lost spirits that died in this area around the time

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well the story certainly has a sense of urgency, as well as passion. Just seems to far out there for me. 

Black eyed kids from what I can tell is a Internet invention. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure there are no known reports of this before that time.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well the story certainly has a sense of urgency, as well as passion. Just seems to far out there for me. 

Black eyed kids from what I can tell is a Internet invention. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure there are no known reports of this before that time.

The OP read to me as likely true. With all the weird  things I once rejected and now accept, who knows? Could they be a new phenomena? What they are is a mystery to me.

After hearing several credible stories now, I believe something not understood is going on. Lying does happen but I think it is overused as an explanation.

With new things, observation precedes understanding.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The OP read to me as likely true. With all the weird  things I once rejected and now accept, who knows? Could they be a new phenomena? What they are is a mystery to me.

After hearing several credible stories now, I believe something not understood is going on. Lying does happen but I think it is overused as an explanation.

With new things, observation precedes understanding.

I’m not saying it isn’t true. It’s just a gut feeling it isn’t. 

Hopefully the OP comes back

On 11/16/2017 at 0:19 PM, papageorge1 said:

You got  to talk to your neighbor that had the experience too and discuss this together to learn more.

Yes you have to talk to the neighbor. See if they hear the same footsteps on the roof. What did she experience?

• Like 2

It seems like this is fiction that you share on various forums. 

If I'm not correct, then 

a) is there roof access?

b ) did you speak to the neighbor?

• Like 1

For the love of paragraphs. Do they not teach them in school anymore? Anyways, black eyed kids are just an urban legend. So I consider this just a story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

For the love of paragraphs. Do they not teach them in school anymore? Anyways, black eyed kids are just an urban legend. So I consider this just a story.

That doesn't necessarily mean they can't be seen. 

I'm just doubting they have in this case. 

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

That doesn't necessarily mean they can't be seen. 

I'm just doubting they have in this case. 

Does everyone believe in urban legends now? Ghost stories? With no second thought as to the reality or even possibility of such things? I wish I lived in lala land. Life might be interesting if I did. I could make up all kinds of fantastic tales to entertain the masses who'll buy them hook, line, and sinker.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Does everyone believe in urban legends now? Ghost stories? With no second thought as to the reality or even possibility of such things? I wish I lived in lala land. Life might be interesting if I did. I could make up all kinds of fantastic tales to entertain the masses who'll buy them hook, line, and sinker.

If they believe in Cthulhu enough, they might even start seeing tentacles around every dark corner. 

C'mon. You know that. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

If they believe in Cthulhu enough, they might even start seeing tentacles around every dark corner. 

C'mon. You know that. 

Not my problem when people get delusional. 

On 11/16/2017 at 3:04 AM, Ithappenedirl said:

I'm a graduate student on a professional track and I stay pretty firmly grounded in scientific and reasonable explainations- whether I know what they are or not I favor the belief they underlying everything.

You mentioned cigarettes and smoking six times in your post. You say you’re  grounded in scientific explanations, and yet you choose to slowly poison yourself with tobacco. As far as I’m concerned, that’s more horrifying than black-eyed children. Please stop smoking.

• Like 1

OP, any more concrete information? Words from neighbor, pictures, historical documents about the area you live in and any recorded deaths?

• Like 1

@papageorge1 it was the craziest thing that's ever happened to me. I've thought about knocking on their door but I have no idea what I'd say to them. I guess I could just tell them I saw their encounter and from where I was it looked incredibly supernatural and wrong and tell them what I felt and ask if they'd feel comfortable talking to me about their perspective on what happened. It would help maybe make more sense of the whole thing. I have been obviously obsessively reading about black eyed people since it happened to try and figure out what they are or want or were doing and it seems there are earlier accounts but Brian bethel was the first to write his online. Since he did that apparently others came forward with their stories, and I read one about someone named Harold in the 50s that seems to be on a few different sites. I wish there were more credible stories than on forums. Idk if I can talk to my neighbor maybe she filed a police report or something and I could take a picture of it and upload it? 

@preacherman76 it happened, I seriously wish I made it up. It's ok if I read it I'd doubt it too. 

@skrubby I don't really understand what you are saying. I remember it with such detail because it was EXTREMELY ODD, and it pretty much just happened. I'm often up late, wasn't particularly exhausted, I know what I saw. I don't understand it but I know it happened. I told the timing, Tuesday evening at 2 AM. Not Halloween at all, november. It was just at my condo complex where I live near lake Oswego in se Portland. 

@ChaosRose I am going to knock on the neighbor's door tomorrow and if they don't answer I'm going to leave a note asking her to call me. You guys are right I have to hear what happened on that end. Also no roof access that I've found. I may ask the property manager to be sure.

@XenoFish be thrilled to be a secondary reader of my own story, but unfortunately it's not just an urban legend for me anymore. It's an experience in my life that I wish didn't happen. I'd prefer to go back to blissfully writing off the rooftop footsteps at night as just weird noises or tops of trees brushing against it. I saw two enteties that seemingly emitted grave feelings of danger, literally dematerialize, and I know that sounds insane, but I don't live in a Steven spieldberg movie, I live in Portland. I'm shaken to my core by what happened and wish I could write it off but I have no way of explaining it. It would be nice to to be so on edge now at home at night but unfortunately I no longer have that luxury. 

@simplybill

I know it's gross. It's my vice. I quit for five years and started smoking again the day I started medical school. Nonsensical maybe, but school is very stressful and it's an addiction that gives an illusion of stress relief. I'll quit again eventually but it's a crutch I'm not willing to let go of this minute. Thanks for your concern though, obviously as a medical professional I can't advise others to not smoke and smoke. That would be hippocritical, so it's on my list of things to let go of.

@BeyondNormal911 Great thinking! I will for sure look into history of the area and do some digging there to see what I can find. Any deaths related to the area may be pertinent. I plan on trying to reach the neighbor tomorrow though we have never spoke and I don't think she noticed me watching the whole thing. I personally wouldn't have taken my eyes off those things either. Ugh. I have goosebumps every time I think about it. I can post the picture on my boyfriend phone even though it didn't capture her looking straight at me - and should have 100%. There is nothing to explain that. Should I? I feel like it's pointless without it catching her/it?

For those actually interested in helping me and finding out more I do really appreciate your time. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ithappenedirl said:

@papageorge1 it was the craziest thing that's ever happened to me. I've thought about knocking on their door but I have no idea what I'd say to them. I guess I could just tell them I saw their encounter and from where I was it looked incredibly supernatural and wrong and tell them what I felt and ask if they'd feel comfortable talking to me about their perspective on what happened. It would help maybe make more sense of the whole thing. I have been obviously obsessively reading about black eyed people since it happened to try and figure out what they are or want or were doing and it seems there are earlier accounts but Brian bethel was the first to write his online. Since he did that apparently others came forward with their stories, and I read one about someone named Harold in the 50s that seems to be on a few different sites. I wish there were more credible stories than on forums. Idk if I can talk to my neighbor maybe she filed a police report or something and I could take a picture of it and upload it? 

Please let us know if you get in touch with the neighbors. I'm dying to hear what they experienced.

• The topic was locked