Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manson Clinging To Life In Hospital

susieice

1 hour ago, susieice said:

The issue with Manson is how he was able to manipulate and control all those young people to the point where they would commit atrocious murders for him. The number of murders committed other than Tate/La Bianca. I linked throughout the thread to several. Police still take dogs into Death Valley to search for bodies around Barker ranch. A number of disappearances in that area at the time the family was there. The Helter Skelter motive was off the wall, but I don't think it really explains anything other than what Charlie tried to make it seem like. That's just my humble opinion, but I'm not the only one questioning this. The younger generation thought the Manson death notice was about Marilyn. They will not remember this for long. I do hope that this case remains being studied both by law enforcement and people searching for answers.

I hear ya Susie,i just think as i said i just think the popularity and hysteria over the case was a product of simpler times,and how that generation was so shocked by it at the time has passed it down generations...not downplaying the brutality or gruesomness either,but i don't much buy the "mystical" brainwashing either...

If enough messed up people put their minds towards a "cause" a hive mind takes over...

It's like these "jihadi's" from berth are actually brainwashed,but these tales of " recently radicalized" i don't buy it!...they were always psychopaths just looking for a reason to blow...

I just don't buy mansons followers were brainwashed.

• Like 3

I believe at that time Manson ruled an brainwashed them with the aid of drugs.He got them hooked an dependent on him suppling them all kinds of drugs mainly LSD.They would have done anything for him an they did.It was his way of getting what he wanted done without getting his hands dirty.He was the drug suppling puppet master...I remember Hitler doing a simular thing with Meth an his army...Making people dependent for control..

• Like 3

Nearly 50 years have passed since Charles Manson turned two posh Los Angeles estates into blood-drenched houses of horror.

But still he fascinates us — especially now, with news that he is seriously ill with a heart condition.

“He was the guy who said he’s going to live forever, but I never believed it,” one California corrections source told The Post, adding that Manson was also rushed to a hospital “months ago” for the same unspecified illness.

“Good riddance” if he dies, Manson co-prosecutor Stephen Kay told The Post. “He is just a despicable human being.”

Here’s an update on where Manson and the rest of his “Family’s” major players are today:

Charles Manson, 82

On Aug. 9, 1969, Mansion unleashed his brainwashed “Family” on the home of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and her director-husband Roman Polanski.

The following night, they struck the home of supermarket magnate Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary.

The two nights of carnage left a sea of blood and seven corpses.

Initially condemned to the gas chamber, Manson has been rotting in prison, thanks to California’s revocation of the death penalty in 1972.

His next parole hearing is set for 2027.

Manson remained hospitalized Wednesday, a corrections spokeswoman told The Post.

And nearly half a century after he launched a drug- and sex-drenched cult bent on a race war, he’s still attracting crazy.

Manson’s purported “son,” Matthew Roberts, told RadarOnline that he had rushed to the hospital in hopes of seeing his deadly “daddy” in person.

Roberts, 48, told Radar that Manson’s former fiancée, Afton “Star” Burton, told him that Manson was having heart surgery.

“This could be it, that’s my greatest fear,” said Roberts, a devoted follower who has made failed efforts to get Manson’s DNA to prove they are biologically related.

Self-pronounced Family member and frequent Manson visitor Craig Carlisle Hammond, 66, blathered in a press statement, “He’s as well as the air, he’s as sick as the waters,

“He’s doing as well as the tiger. As well as the elephant and the white rhino. Why don’t you call Africa and ask how well he is doing?”

Charles ‘Tex’ Watson, 71

Watson proudly called himself Manson’s right-hand man.

“I am the devil,” he announced to the victims at the Tate-Polanski ranch, after first shimmying up their telephone pole and cutting the wires so
that they could not summon the police.

“I am here to do the devil’s business,” he told them.

Manson himself was present during neither the Tate nor the LaBianca massacres; instead, he deputized Watson to lead the Manson women in committing the murders, a role Watson carried out with gusto.

He fatally stabbed and shot at least three of the five victims in the Tate-Polanski home. He tied the very pregnant Tate and her friend, celebrity hairstylist Jay Sebring, together at the necks with rope, then shot Sebring dead — leaving Tate to Family member Susan Atkins.

The next night, Watson joined in the multiple stabbings of both LaBiancas.

Watson is serving a life sentence with parole in a prison near Sacramento for all seven murders, but has realistically zero chance of being freed, despite his conversion to Christianity. He became an ordained prison minister in 1981.

Susan Atkins, 61

Like Watson, Susan Atkins — nicknamed “Sadie Mae Glutz” and “Sexy Sadie” — was convicted of all seven murders.

Atkins was described by prosecutors as the most violent of the Manson women.

The petite, pony-tailed brunette met Manson in 1967, in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury neighborhood.

Best known for fatally stabbing Tate, Atkins reveled in the slaughter, writing “pig” in Tate’s blood on the Tate-Polanski front door.

“You’d best lock your doors!” she taunted the courtroom at sentencing. “And watch your kids!”

Atkins eventually renounced Manson and became a model prisoner, although she was repeatedly denied parole due to the savageness of her crimes.

“She asked me to let the baby live,” Atkins sobbed to the parole board in 1993, according to the Los Angeles Times. “I told her I didn’t have mercy for her.”

Atkins died in September 2009 at 61 from brain cancer while serving a life sentence at the Central California Women’s Facility in Chowchilla.

Leslie Van Houten, 67

A former homecoming queen, Van Houten is serving a life term for holding down Rosemary LaBianca while the victim was stabbed more than a dozen times.

“She mutilated one of her victims with a fork, and carved the word “war” into his stomach,” Tate’s sister, Debra, said in a Los Angeles Times column on Wednesday, a reference to Leno’s corpse.

“She wrote words all over the LaBianca house with blood. She claims she wanted to ignite a race war — ‘Helter Skelter’ — that she would ride out, living in a hole in the middle of the earth,” Debra said.

Van Houten believed Manson was Jesus Christ.

In 2016, a parole board recommended her for release after raising issues of whether she had been brainwashed. But California Gov. Jerry Brown rejected the request, citing the brutality of the crimes.

Patricia Krenwinkel, 69

Krenwinkel eagerly took part in both bloodbaths.

She joined Watson and Atkins at the Tate-Polanski home, chasing coffee heiress Abigail Folger from room to room, and then outside, as the screaming Folger struggled for her life.

She stabbed Folger so many times that the heiress begged her to stop, pleading, “I’m already dead.”

Later, Krenwinkel wrote “DEATH TO PIGS” in blood on the wall, and “HeaLter SkeLTter” (cq) on the refrigerator.

Krenwinkel’s 14th parole bid, in which she insists she had been physically abused by Manson, is currently under review.

Lynette ‘Squeaky’ Fromme, 68

Widely considered one of Manson’s most ardent supporters, Fromme never participated in the murders — though she did carve an “X” into her forehead, as did other Family members, during the murder trials.

Fromme’s crime was attempting to assassinate President Gerald Ford in 1975, for which she is serving a life sentence.

She was paroled from federal prison in 2009 and moved to Marcy, NY, to live with her ex-con boyfriend.

She hung up on a Post reporter when asked Wednesday about Manson’s health.

Bruce Davis, 74

Davis was not involved in the Tate-LaBianca murders. But he is serving a life sentence with parole for the murders of stuntman Donald “Shorty” Shea and musician Gary Hinman, each of whom had run afoul of the Family in separate matters.

“He not only watched as Manson cut Mr. Hinman’s face open with a sword, but held him at gunpoint while Manson was doing so,” Gov. Brown said in rejecting parole for Davis last year.

Davis has been denied parole 28 times. His next parole hearing is in 2027.

Robert Beausoleil, 69

Already in prison at the time of the Tate-LaBianca murders, Beausoleil is serving a life sentence in Oregon for the Hinman murder.

He was known as “Cupid” for his good looks — and was one of Manson’s chief recruiters for the Family. He has been denied parole 17 times, most recently in 2016.

Steve ‘Clem’ Grogan, 65

Nicknamed “Scramblehead” by the Manson Family, Grogan did not participate in the Tate-LaBianca murders, but was convicted of assisting Manson, Watson and Davis in the Shea murder.

He was paroled in 1985 and lives in California.

https://nypost.com/2017/01/04/the-manson-family-where-they-are-now/

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I hear ya Susie,i just think as i said i just think the popularity and hysteria over the case was a product of simpler times,

I think a band of serial killers killing celebrities would be pretty huge news now too.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Taking a different tact… After reading this, I can’t help but think of Negan, Dwight, and Simon.

I had to google that reference. 

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think a band of serial killers killing celebrities would be pretty huge news now too.

Agreed,but we'd be on to the next horror within a week or 2... :wacko:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Agreed,but we'd be on to the next horror within a week or 2... :wacko:

Perhaps.   But it was a top director, actress and others in the upper society.   Like the Folgers heiress.   The press today would eat it up.  Heck remember OJ?   I know race was a part of it, but mostly it was his fame. 

21 minutes ago, Rightfully said:

I have had my own family members get very sick from LSD they have spent years trying to get better.I dont know where or what your tryna prove with this but ever heard the saying Too much of anything is no Good.As for Hitler the principal was the same give them drugs make them dependant then you have them willing to do what ever you like.As for the ass thing I do sense you are trying to be a bit of an ass.You are entitled to your own opinion dude just give others the same respect.

Of course too much will affect you different.   That doesn't prove that it was a biggest factor of how Manson controlled them.   Probably helped a little bit.  Keep them in an altered state of mind.  

3 hours ago, susieice said:

The issue with Manson is how he was able to manipulate and control all those young people to the point where they would commit atrocious murders for him.

Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh, Hitler, Mohammed, Obama, etc.  We have a long list of examples in our history, great and small.  It’s just a matter of when will the next one be?

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

If enough messed up people put their minds towards a "cause" a hive mind takes over...

It's like these "jihadi's" from berth are actually brainwashed,but these tales of " recently radicalized" i don't buy it!...they were always psychopaths just looking for a reason to blow...

There are different levels of brainwashing and manipulation.  For sure they were brainwashed but did Manson coerce them or just enabled their own demons?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I hear ya Susie,i just think as i said i just think the popularity and hysteria over the case was a product of simpler times,and how that generation was so shocked by it at the time has passed it down generations...not downplaying the brutality or gruesomness either,but i don't much buy the "mystical" brainwashing either...

The reality likely is a combination of things. The crime was very anomalous back then. He likely brainwashed susceptible and vulnerable younger people. He compounded the brainwashing with mind-changing drugs. He picked his targets. They weren't happy and healthy high school kids who would give wide berth to a crazy person like Charles Manson. They were teen runaways, or they were psychopaths. That's why I think that all of you guys are right in your own ways.

Well nature finally did what the courts should have done to begin with.

About time that scum did his part and left, I just hope no sickos are mourning this overdue event, but we know some will be.

• Like 2