Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manson Clinging To Life In Hospital

susieice

I just wish Charlie would tell the truth about what really happened that summer before he goes. That will never happen though.

• Like 4

Oh, Charles. Thought for a minute it was Marilyn. Well, good. 

• Like 6

Ya know, there have been many times I felt a person was unjustly judged because they had unaddressed and serious mental health disorders.

This dude, however, is just ****ing evil. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Oh, Charles. Thought for a minute it was Marilyn. Well, good. 

MM's been brain dead for years.  He must have SOMETHING of note, though, to woo and marry Dita von Teese.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, and then said:

MM's been brain dead for years.  He must have SOMETHING of note, though, to woo and marry Dita von Teese.

Hardly. Marilyn Manson has always come across as a very articulated and intelligent individual. Admittedly, yes... he has done and said some pretty stupid things, but by and large I have found him to be remarkably intelligent. Check out some of his interviews!

• Like 3

I pity Charles Manson.  Don't get me wrong, regardless of where we come from and what was done to us that shapes us we all have choices to make and people that choose wrongly have consequences on many levels, and he has earned every bad thing that has come to him since forming the family.  But I do not wish him ill or say things like die you useless piece of crap.  Manson's story is a sad one and the terrible thing that were done by or because of him just make it sadder.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I pity Charles Manson.  Don't get me wrong, regardless of where we come from and what was done to us that shapes us we all have choices to make and people that choose wrongly have consequences on many levels, and he has earned every bad thing that has come to him since forming the family.  But I do not wish him ill or say things like die you useless piece of crap.  Manson's story is a sad one and the terrible thing that were done by or because of him just make it sadder.

It's an odd sentiment but I share it.

I just wish that he'd never been born.

• Like 4

I have a hard time having sympathy for someone who never showed any to anyone else. I felt the same way about Susan Atkins. They butchered people in cold blood and never showed remorse. The girls tried, but during the murders, they told their victims they had no pity. That's a brutal way to die. Sharon begged for the life of her unborn child and died crying for her mother. Mrs. Tate suffered for the rest of her life. The remaining killers will never get parole. Van Houten was granted it, but it was recinded by the Governor.

• Like 2

Anyone that kills innocent people (let alone a pregnant woman) in such a horrific manner is evil and deserves nothing but contempt. Judgement and revenge belong to God alone...and I'd say that  Mr Manson will be facing this quite soon.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I just wish that he'd never been born.

That may have been his problem as he may have wished that himself...

I saw a documentary on him once and his childhood was messed up!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Hardly. Marilyn Manson has always come across as a very articulated and intelligent individual. Admittedly, yes... he has done and said some pretty stupid things, but by and large I have found him to be remarkably intelligent. Check out some of his interviews!

Very true!

The dude is a bit of a nut,but brain dead he is not...

Marilyn Manson is alot of odd n different things agreed but a multi murderer he his not.-Theres the difference right there.Charles Manson is evil personified.

23 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Anyone that kills innocent people (let alone a pregnant woman) in such a horrific manner is evil and deserves nothing but contempt. Judgement and revenge belong to God alone...and I'd say that  Mr Manson will be facing this quite soon.

I guess this thinking is way too black and white to me.  Manson's troubles started very early in his life, it's fairly well known that at the time of his release in '67 that he'd already spent half his life incarcerated.  He may not have been full-blown insane, but the supposed motivation for the murders - to start a race war and the weird connection he made with the Beatles White Album, odd ideas he then mixed with a bunch of LSD - isn't exactly the thinking of a sound mind either.

45 minutes ago, susieice said:

I have a hard time having sympathy for someone who never showed any to anyone else.

Agreed I think that is natural, but I find I can have sympathy for people who I'm not sure ever had any significant amount shown to them.

• Like 5

He did have a hard childhood. That doesn't justify the murders or that he brainwashed those kids to commit them. He wasn't of a sound mind but he was able to manipulate people.

At some point, you have to take responsibility for yourself.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, susieice said:

That doesn't justify the murders or that he brainwashed those kids to commit them. He wasn't of a sound mind but he was able to manipulate people.

At some point, you have to take responsibility for yourself.

Agreed, there is no justification, although I don't know how much I consider his followers 'brainwashed'.  He also seemed to be of a sound enough mind also, not that it mattered legally, to not actually directly murder any of the seven people the Manson family are primarily infamous for.

You have to take responsibility for yourself, but failure to do so doesn't equal 'evil', I think it's way more complicated than that.  At the extreme we have people who are insane; the kid who shot up Sandy Hook was not justified in his acts by his insanity but he wasn't what I'd call 'evil' either, he seemed just too messed up.  It's not like mental illness is a binary state, it's a spectrum, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who have it to some extent.  Even people who are of sound mind are heavily influenced by their upbringing and environment.  A lot of the reasons I'm in a position to know to take responsibility to myself I can trace straight back to my parents and the stability they provided and their emphasis on school, preparing for college and adult life, my behavior, etc.  Not all people are lucky enough to have that kind of upbringing, I'm not going to then assume I know what it's like, or more importantly what I would be like, with a different upbringing.  Especially if a good chunk of that maturation is happening in a place where I'm surrounded by criminals.

• Like 2