Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-LGBT politician resigns after

aztek

An Ohio lawmaker who routinely touted his Christian faith and anti-LGBT views has resigned after being caught having sex with a man in his office.

Wes Goodman, who is the Republican state legislator for Ohio, is married to a woman who is assistant director of an annual anti-abortion rally known as March for Life.

The right-wing legislator, who pushed “family values”, was reportedly witnessed having sex with a man inside his office who was not employed by the legislator.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-lgbt-lawmaker-resigns-being-140200984.html

seems like common thing in politics, say one thing do the opposite,  that makes me think,  fighters against racism are biggest racists themselves,  and so are the rest of social warriors. they are what they are fighting against,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 8

37 minutes ago, Piney said:

But his Jesus Man will forgive him so it's ok. :lol:

Yes, actually, he will.  IF the guy truly repents and changes his behavior.  That doesn't mean anyone else has to follow suit.  Christ forgives but he doesn't promise us we won't face the consequences of our actions.  As your post shows, most people aren't much into forgiveness these days.  That's not a knock on you personally, BTW.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, and then said:

Yes, actually, he will.  IF the guy truly repents and changes his behavior.  That doesn't mean anyone else has to follow suit.  Christ forgives but he doesn't promise us we won't face the consequences of our actions.  As your post shows, most people aren't much into forgiveness these days.  That's not a knock on you personally, BTW.  

By that logic...I could go around raping...shooting...stabbing....and whole other list of bad things...and just make sure I repent before I die...hmmm....yeah....that's religion for ya alright.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, truthseeker68 said:

By that logic...I could go around raping...shooting...stabbing....and whole other list of bad things...and just make sure I repent before I die...hmmm....yeah....that's religion for ya alright.

I don't recall that logic was a prerequisite for mercy and forgiveness.  If you're like 100% of the rest of us, you've done wrong and harmed people - intentionally or otherwise - and unless you fall into a very small group that is totally without conscience, you'd seek forgiveness and peace for your mind and heart.  God's mercy is not a license to break his laws.  Repentance is based on being truly grieved over the wrongs a person has done.  If the confession is without a broken heart and will to do better, it's useless.  And again, the fact that God forgives us doesn't mean we aren't held to account here.  But carry on, no need to change your negative perception.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't recall that logic was a prerequisite for mercy and forgiveness.  If you're like 100% of the rest of us, you've done wrong and harmed people - intentionally or otherwise - and unless you fall into a very small group that is totally without conscience, you'd seek forgiveness and peace for your mind and heart.  God's mercy is not a license to break his laws.  Repentance is based on being truly grieved over the wrongs a person has done.  If the confession is without a broken heart and will to do better, it's useless.  And again, the fact that God forgives us doesn't mean we aren't held to account here.  But carry on, no need to change your negative perception.

YEP...like I said...that's religion for ya...:P

god may forgive you after you die and send you to haven, but people do not forgive that easy,  some may want to see you meet god sooner, or even arrange that. 

• Like 1

This is why I don't trust loud puritans. Many clergy and politicians, who rant about sex, are just like leftists who rant about race. They often turn out to be worse than the people they condemn. It's often a case of "he who smelt it, dealt it".

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aztek said:

An Ohio lawmaker who routinely touted his Christian faith and anti-LGBT views has resigned after being caught having sex with a man in his office.

Wes Goodman, who is the Republican state legislator for Ohio, is married to a woman who is assistant director of an annual anti-abortion rally known as March for Life.

The right-wing legislator, who pushed “family values”, was reportedly witnessed having sex with a man inside his office who was not employed by the legislator.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-lgbt-lawmaker-resigns-being-140200984.html

seems like common thing in politics, say one thing do the opposite,  that makes me think,  fighters against racism are biggest racists themselves,  and so are the rest of social warriors. they are what they are fighting against,

Sooo...a Republican is an obvious hypocrite...that means everyone else must be? 

That's like the argument that we should all excuse tax fraud by the wealthiest because the fact that they commit it means everyone else would, given the opportunity. It's a bs argument. 

Just because you found one Republican hypocrite doesn't mean everyone else in the world is the same way. 

There are actually people who vote for new taxes because they want to be good citizens and contribute towards good things. Those people usually aren't Republican, though. It used to be that some things were still considered bipartisan issues that could be agreed upon. Those days seem to be gone. I mean...we used to agree that child molesters shouldn't be Senators, too...once upon a time, in the long, long ago. 

The way I see it, it has never been about ideas of moral superiority.

It has always been about money and power, and saying whatever it is they think will keep the flock from realizing they are being fleeced. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

I just have no tolerance for hypocrisy. I work for a staunch Presbyterian who doesn't drink, cuss, talk filth and actually follows the rules in the Bible. He never mentions God,Jesus or how anyone else should act.  There's too many Larry Craigs and Josh Duggars out there running their traps..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

as far as politicians and social warriors go, yea, with 99% accuracy they are.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

That's like the argument that we should all excuse tax fraud by the wealthiest because the fact that they commit it means everyone else would, given the opportunity. It's a bs argument. 

Just because you found one Republican hypocrite doesn't mean everyone else in the world is the same way. 

There are actually people who vote for new taxes because they want to be good citizens and contribute towards good things. Those people usually aren't Republican, though. It used to be that some things were still considered bipartisan issues that could be agreed upon. Those days seem to be gone. I mean...we used to agree that child molesters shouldn't be Senators, too...once upon a time, in the long, long ago. 

lmao,this is priceless, you bash me about hypocrisy about politicians, , yet in the same post you show yours in regards to same politicians, but that is ok because you doing it???  lmao.   that is like double hypocrisy,   do you even realize  what you just did?: prbly have no clue, and do not see anything wrong with it. 

Edited by aztek

19 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

This is why I don't trust loud puritans. Many clergy and politicians, who rant about sex, are just like leftists who rant about race. They often turn out to be worse than the people they condemn. It's often a case of "he who smelt it, dealt it".

I think you have a point there.

And I think C G Jung called it 'Projecting.' Although it isnt just clergy and politicians, we all do it apparently!

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I think you have a point there.

And I think C G Jung called it 'Projecting.' Although it isnt just clergy and politicians, we all do it apparently!

It likely is true that all or most people project to a certain extent. It seems like ideologues do it more than the average individual. They tend to protest too much in more ways than one. By the way, I like Jung more than Freud.

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎17 at 1:10 PM, aztek said:

So with that logic fighters for racism and anti social warriors are the biggest non racist and social warriors themselves ?

20 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

So with that logic fighters for racism and anti social warriors are the biggest non racist and social warriors themselves ?

I believe in treating people like people and not labeling them. I prefer not to define everyone and it is extremely annoying to me for others to keep pointing out our differences.

I know a lot of minorities who feel the same way. They don't want to be singled out because they are different. They want to be treated like everyone else. I don't know why that is so difficult to understand. If they want you to defend them, if they feel offended, they will let you know. If a man tells a joke I find offensive I am perfectly capable of standing up for myself. Until then, mind your own business, and don't tell me why I should be offended.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I believe in treating people like people and not labeling them. I prefer not to define everyone and it is extremely annoying to me for others to keep pointing out our differences.

I know a lot of minorities who feel the same way. They don't want to be singled out because they are different. They want to be treated like everyone else. I don't know why that is so difficult to understand. If they want you to defend them, if they feel offended, they will let you know. If a man tells a joke I find offensive I am perfectly capable of standing up for myself. Until then, mind your own business, and don't tell me why I should be offended.

I totally agree.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Some people are like that. They have private faces and public faces. Al Sharpton pretends to be a civil rights leader. His past speeches show him to be a Black supremacist.

• Like 1