Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany still has not formed a government

The Caspian Hare

Just now, stevewinn said:

What about if there is another election? no?

I do not see the SPD gaining that much in another election. It's possible, but highly unlikely in my opinion. They've had a very poor campaign leading up to the election. I'd see the FDP, neo-liberals, gain more votes in another election, who would then form a coalition with the CDU under Merkel as the chancellor. 

4 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

Hmm wonder if stuff will just be fine and people will think oh crap we get along fine with out them

Pardon? Without whom?

Merkel is pressing for a new election rather than try to govern as a minority party...this would be a risky strategy I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

EU apparatchik Martin Schulz?

He had talents as EU apparatchik but he has no talent for BonzKanz. This guy is talking too much and too loud.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, toast said:

He had talents as EU apparatchik but he has no talent for BonzKanz. This guy is talking too much and too loud.

He is also way too abstract and uses too many hollow phrases. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

He is also way too abstract and uses too many hollow phrases. 

Hollow-Phraser. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toast said:

Hollow-Phraser. :lol:

Just as a mater of interest, has there been any reporting in Germany about Teresa May and if so is it along the same lines as the UK media which is she's weak etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

Pardon? Without whom?

All your politicians who are wrapped up in these discussions about a coalition.  I assume they are busy not doing their jobs.  I generally assume politicians not doing their jobs, has no effect on peoples daily lives.

9 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Just as a mater of interest, has there been any reporting in Germany about Teresa May and if so is it along the same lines as the UK media which is she's weak etc.

Yes, its reported here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toast said:

Yes, its reported here.

Interesting, until last and this week the British media (though those who find their info else where knew) have hardly mentioned the weak position Merkel finds herself in and the Biased Broadcasting Company still can't bring itself to state that Angelas in a worse position than Theresa.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Interesting, until last and this week the British media (though those who find their info else where knew) have hardly mentioned the weak position Merkel finds herself in and the Biased Broadcasting Company still can't bring itself to state that Angelas in a worse position than Theresa.

I think there is no weakness about Merkel`s position as to be chancellor. Ok, the head of the AfD has requested her to resign already, but hell, these morons request a lot.

10 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

A few Spiegel articles in English to get a good impression about how they see Mrs May.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/interview-with-shadow-brexit-minister-keir-starmer-a-1173334.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/what-strategy-is-london-pursuing-with-brexit-talks-a-1169944.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/british-prime-minister-may-stumbles-into-brexit-talks-a-1152469.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gingitsune said:

Thanks for that, i don't know if i should be surprised or not on how one sided it is, starmer is the most remoaner of remaners but who needs enemies when your own MP are trying to scuttle the negotiations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Thanks for that, i don't know if i should be surprised or not on how one sided it is, starmer is the most remoaner of remaners but who needs enemies when your own MP are trying to scuttle the negotiations.

Quoting myself. 

If the general public knew what keir starmer was saying to the German press they'd be surprised to say the least, i see he's been knighted (how did that happen) lord Haw Haw comes to mind.

7 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Don't be surprised, these articles are written by Germans for Germans, expect the same in by British for British article about Germany, France or Italy. For exemple, in The Economist articles about European Union, it's always way too much gloom and doom, as if the EU was only days from breaking apart... for the last 20 years at the very least. Every national news has its bias, if we understand where they have a point and where to bring about a bucketful of salt, these can be very helpful to understand the current event on different angles.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

British for British

That's my point the British media the likes of the BBC etc don't run the EU down and Merkel is generally given favourable coverage.

• Like 1

What is all this talk of a "Grand Coalition" and the b****** Martin Schulz being involved. You have to hand it to the EU they have all the right men in place when needed, Draghi and Mario Monti in Italy, Lucas Papademos in Greece, and just as the sinking ship that is the EU was possibly about to lose its Captain up pops another EU apparatchik. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1