Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turning off street lights

Jayney

Has anyone ever been able to turn street lights off, blow electric gadgets, light bulbs etc? Can anyone also sense when televisions are on in a person's house in passing? If anyone knows what this means I would be grateful for any feedback thanks.

SLI phenomenon. There's been claims but all those tested had nothing unusual about them. Skeptics pose solutions such as confirmation biased people where you notice the lights that go out but do not notice all the lights that do not go out. Vibration of faulty lines, old ballisters...etc.

• Like 1

Just read up about it. Didn't realise it was an actual thing. It's just wishful thinking apparently. I will have to tell people it's just a coincidence when it happens. Thank you for the insight.

• Like 1

G'day Jayney

Yes, in the case of street lights switching off it's most likely coincidence.

I don't know the details but I understand a commonly used streetlight, when it gets a bit old has a tendency to overheat, at which point it switches itself off, and then switches back on once it's cooled down. As this can happen on a cycle of something like a few minutes to half an hour, it wouldn't be uncommon to have a light switch itself off as you drive under it if you do a lot of night-time driving.

The limiting factor obviously is only seeing the lights you're driving under - you can't see all the other lights across the city switching off (and on) that you aren't driving under.

If you could look at your city from above, and show every streetlight, you'll see one or another switching off or on every few seconds: this one...one a couple of kilometres away over there...another back this way a few hundred metres...and so on.