Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

QiGong

P.Nomenon

I read the cia report a few nights ago about individuals who display "powers" and the chinese officials at the time took it seriously.

If you know more, please share. Is this a hoax?

CIA report:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00792R000300400002-9.pdf

Med Journal:

https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2010-05/evidence-based-review-qi-gong-natural-standard-research-collaboration

Zhang Baosheng:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Baosheng

• Like 1

I don't understand why this is being referred to as 'para normal' is what I don;t understand ...

~

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I don't understand why this is being referred to as 'para normal' is what I don;t understand ...

~

placebo.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And just to add.

Oh I dunno if that applies here ... the CIA report is quite persuasive in a manner of speaking, but then again I've witnessed certain things as such that is mentioned on numerous occasions but don't ask me for the answers.

~

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Oh I dunno if that applies here ... the CIA report is quite persuasive in a manner of speaking, but then again I've witnessed certain things as such that is mentioned on numerous occasions but don't ask me for the answers.

~

I've always considered QiGong to be a form of exercise coupled with visualization, done for the sole physical and psychological benefits, not super powers. There are too many faked videos and unreliable stories for me to take it seriously regarding the 'supernatural' aspect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've always considered QiGong to be a form of exercise coupled with visualization, done for the sole physical and psychological benefits, not super powers. There are too many faked videos and unreliable stories for me to take it seriously regarding the 'supernatural' aspect.

Like the way Shugendo, which is about exposure to raw nature, became a mystical "Ninja art" when Ninjas were invented by the Japanese entertainment industry in the 1950s

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

THat's what I mean in a way. QiGong has noting to do with anything para normal or 'super' powers. Supernatural though, I guess we here in the East kinda looks at things quite differently.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Video/links removed due to graphic content
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Like the way Shugendo, which is about exposure to raw nature, became a mystical "Ninja art" when Ninjas were invented by the Japanese entertainment industry in the 1950s

Only thing I'll pick at you about is then NInja comment. They were the special ops, but looked nothing like the movie/anime stylized version.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Only thing I'll pick at you about is then NInja comment. They were the special ops, but looked nothing like the movie/anime stylized version.

They turned every warrior monk, thief and two bit merc into a Ninja when they weren't.  Shinobi was the term for special ops then. The word Ninja was invented in the 50s.

Edited by Piney
typo- need coffee
  • Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

They turned every warrior monk, thief and two bit merc into a Ninja when they weren't.  Shinobi was the term for special ops then. T

I'm just going from the stuff I've read ( I reserve the right to be wrong:lol:). From memory they did a lot of stuff, spying, sabotage, etc. Then again I could be wrong. 

As I mentioned earlier about the placebo effect. It has the ability to elevate a persons mood and promote minor healing. Even with a shame treatment. The visualization and actions cultivate a placebo that does have a positive effect on a person. Which isn't bad at all.Even Reiki can do that. I've used 'energy healing' on my sister in law. Who would get frequent migraines. Tried it and it worked. But I was smart enough to backing it up with, "go see a doctor". That was back in my occult days those. 

I know just enough about Qigong to get me in trouble.:P

• Like 2

Perhaps we should not be so generous as to exalt the elevated placebo effect to such lofty heights as to deem it such a perfect state of success or attribute everything inexplicable or unexplained to it, rendering it a placebo unto itself, as it were ....

~

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Perhaps we should not be so generous as to exalt the elevated placebo effect to such lofty heights as to deem it such a perfect state of success or attribute everything inexplicable or unexplained to it, rendering it a placebo unto itself, as it were ....

~

Thats deep!:huh:

I quit smoking recently. As a result of long term smoking, i believe, my circulation was getting poor causing me to feel pins and needles in my arms and hands.

Couple of years ago is started practicing meditations where i pushed energy through my entire body, i could feel it moving with every outward breath. Pins and needles gone after a couple weeks. 

Did i improve my circulation, or turn off the nerves? I dont mind given the placebo credit but am curious as to the results.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

I dont mind given the placebo credit but am curious as to the results.

The only thing that matters are the results. So long as no negative effects have occurred, I think your good.:tu:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

~

I agree. Its no substitute for real treatment. However it can change and redirect conscious awareness towards something beneficial. 

Even if its nothing more than an elevated mood.

I like my placebo shaken, not stirred.:lol:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Did i improve my circulation, or turn off the nerves? I dont mind given the placebo credit but am curious as to the results.

Quite possible, I remember one of the things I was taught was that it was not overly difficult, rather the problem with getting proficient with it is that it is too simple.

Case in point, 'breathing' ... when I say there are right and 'good' ways of breathing I get laughed off the table. Fact is, there is a proper way to breathe, in a manner of speaking, that paves the way to proper QiGong practice. It is simple but not simplistic, kinda like running, the hundred meters or a marathon, running is simple and at times, even instinctive, but it no way implies that everyone can or will run the hundred meters in under 10 seconds or the marathon in under two and a half hours. Or it could have been, in your particular case, your body reaching a new state of balance since giving up the smokes.

~

33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I agree. Its no substitute for real treatment. However it can change and redirect conscious awareness towards something beneficial. 

What I am aware of is that some people displays similar symptoms as certain illnesses but due to entirely different causes, its a case of getting it right at the right time I guess, certain minor conditions might go on to be chronic in a certain period of time, thought the early symptoms display otherwise. 

I am not going to go on to a massive wall of text trying to define something that is quite futile even in this day and age, what I can say though is that QiGong is nothing that extra ordinary even if it is such a rarity.

One of the examples that is most easily brought up here is 'fire walking' May cultures practices the rituals, many attribute it only to something akin to 'mind over matter'

Partly true, it has much more to do with QiGong than merely a state of mind.

~

[00.04:42]

~

Or sometimes it is the mind of the state ...

[00.03:56]

~

Fact is over here there are many fire walk rituals day in day out all over the region, old folks and kids, men and women ... mind and body is connected by Qi ... the Gong is the proficiency of the application ...

For all practical purposes it has always been stressed that it is the 'natural' state of being. Though some are more proficient just like some can run a sub 10 second hundred meters dash ... others, nowhere near ...

~

• Like 1

Walking over glowing coals is no big deal, actually. You just have to be quick enough. No special techniques are needed. 

6 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Walking over glowing coals is no big deal, actually. You just have to be quick enough. No special techniques are needed. 

Depends on the rituals I must say, I readily concede that there are many that are merely for the 'show' ... the Nine Emperor God festival for example, the 'Fire Road' is usually prepared and kept burning for nine days and only passed on the final day. The fires are usually above waist level ...

~

16 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Depends on the rituals I must say, I readily concede that there are many that are merely for the 'show' ... the Nine Emperor God festival for example, the 'Fire Road' is usually prepared and kept burning for nine days and only passed on the final day. The fires are usually above waist level ...

~

If you walk upon glowing coals, they simply cannot burn you if you are quick enough. 

Are you talking about people walking through waist high fire? Like Dany in GoT?

7 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

If you walk upon glowing coals, they simply cannot burn you if you are quick enough. 

Are you talking about people walking through waist high fire? Like Dany in GoT?

I've done it a few times, one thing to bear in mind is that running (or even moving too fast) over the path is much more dangerous, risking stumbles and falls. Over here the way we do it is a brisk walk ... quick step like ...

What I do remember, I know its a cliche, I don't remember the walking, only the after and before, is that the flames were quite high, the women had to have their hair all wrapped up and in buns, so was I, :lol: I had long hair then ...

~ *I have no idea who Dany is ... GoT > Game of Thrones ? Sorry I have not watched it before, not even a snippet come to think of it*

27 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I've done it a few times, one thing to bear in mind is that running (or even moving too fast) over the path is much more dangerous, risking stumbles and falls. Over here the way we do it is a brisk walk ... quick step like ...

What I do remember, I know its a cliche, I don't remember the walking, only the after and before, is that the flames were quite high, the women had to have their hair all wrapped up and in buns, so was I, :lol: I had long hair then ...

~ *I have no idea who Dany is ... GoT > Game of Thrones ? Sorry I have not watched it before, not even a snippet come to think of it*

• Like 1

@FLOMBIE

THat's a ruddy inferno ... that would've made the international Headlines if not a thread on UM itself ... :lol:

~

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

@FLOMBIE

THat's a ruddy inferno ... that would've made the international Headlines if not a thread on UM itself ... :lol:

~

It actually did, even though it was just a TV show. ;)

Walking over coals is possible, and it's a trick of nature. Walking through a blazing fire is different, however. 

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1