Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flat-Earthers gather for first ever conference

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Flat-Earthers gather for first ever conference

People will believe in anything: Holocaust denial, AIDS denial, global climate change denial, moon landing denial and other "theories" like the geocentric universe, young earth and anti-evolution creationism. You have people with their own theories on the JFK assassination and the 9/11 terrorist attacks. You may have the right to believe in whatever you want (whether it's God, UFOs, astrology and human race theory), it's best to have evidence to back up your beliefs as facts.  

• Like 5

don't forget aliens denial. Same as with flat earthers, who will offer an "explanation" every time a new type of evidence suggests three dimensional structure, alien deniers will come up with "explanations" just the same, be it weather balloons or swamp gas. They are as ridiculous as flat earthers' explanations. However, internal integrity can be found in both cases, except some areal phenomena cannot be explained by swamp gas and rising Venus. While the flat earth theory is entirely self-consistent. What you cannot put down to illusion you put down to conspiracy.

The bottom line here? Human intelligence has an INFINITE capacity to explain and explain away and always find new "explanations". You can be personally be abducted and travel in space to a populated planet and be aware of the whole event, come back, and if you have videos of everything it will be put down to aliens being secret genetic experiments by the government, the spacecraft will be a black military project, the planet will be a simulation like in a holodeck. Bla bla bla. No aliens, no 3D earth.

Bottom of the bottom line then? You can believe anything you want. Everyone in the Disclosure Project and the Citizen Hearing is lying too. ;)

Edited by Rolci
  • Like 1

so just because its a conference doesnt give it any credibility whatsoever... they say "next time they may get 1500 attendee's"... oh wow, that many? 1500?   More people than that fill football stadiums just to watch the game

out of the 7 billion world population...1500 attendee's is really a drop in the ocean, a tiny tiny tiny amount of deluded people...

leave them to it I say

• Like 4

Registration fee for the 2018 freak show is in between 199 and 349$. :clap:

Sponsors so far: Gordon Rocket Company (wood-fired stoves, ovens and grills) :lol:

Link

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Solipsi Rai said:

People will believe in anything

As is their right, of course.

1 hour ago, seeder said:

so just because its a conference doesnt give it any credibility whatsoever... they say "next time they may get 1500 attendee's"... oh wow, that many? 1500?   More people than that fill football stadiums just to watch the game

out of the 7 billion world population...1500 attendee's is really a drop in the ocean, a tiny tiny tiny amount of deluded people...

leave them to it I say

You can say that about any conference.

Liberal Democrats and climate change conferences are only attended by a few thousand nutty fanatics. Most of humanity pays them no heed.

wow, these guys scare me. Maybe they still burn witches at the stake who knows.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 1

I always assumed the Flat Earth Society was just a bit of fun.  No-one took it seriously.   least of all those in it.  Then along came the internet and youtube .......  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Next week, they'll all be toddling off to a climate change conference.

Troll :(  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Essan said:

Troll :(  

No doubt the Flat Earthers would say the same thing to those poking fun at their beliefs.

• Like 1

I agree,  Those who genuinely believe the Earth is flat are on a par with those who refute AGW ;)    Both may be right, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Essan said:

I agree,  Those who genuinely believe the Earth is flat are on a par with those who refute AGW ;)   

Well that's just a matter of opinion.

But considering that most humans don't believe in climate change and that only 13% of Britons are concerned by it it seems that it's the global warming believers who are the fringe, weird minority. You're closer to the Flat Earthers than the countless millions of humans who don't believe in Global Warming.

Edited by Black Monk

4 hours ago, Stiff said:

f076199da295a27c386c71d4d7711a68--funny-

Cats would love a flat earth. They'd all be at the ends knocking everything off the edge. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Well that's just a matter of opinion.

But considering that most humans don't believe in climate change and that only 13% of Britons are concerned by it it seems that it's the global warming believers who are the fringe, weird minority. You're closer to the Flat Earthers than the countless millions of humans who don't believe in Global Warming.

Most humans once believed that bloodletting with leeches helped make sick people better.

Ad populum is a logical fallacy.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Most humans once believed that bloodletting with leeches helped make sick people better.

Ad populum is a logical fallacy.

Leech therapy is still available on the NHS in Britain.

• Like 2

i don't understand why they think the earth is flat...where do they get their proof from.? maybe ill join their club for the free tea and flat breads and biscuits afterwards :) 

• Like 1

Wow, well some believe that the Holocaust never happened. And some believe the Moon Landing was fake. Now we've got this new lot that believes the world is flat!. Sometimes I believe that a portion of Humans are DEvolving!. I believe my theory the most btw. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Cats would love a flat earth. They'd all be at the ends knocking everything off the edge. 

I have a meme for that :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Leech therapy is still available on the NHS in Britain.

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

You may as well close this - and most other - threads down right now. 

Nothing for the remainder of 2017 - short of UFO's landing on the White House Rose Garden - is going to improve my life more than the above story. 

That is just FABULOUS !

• Like 1

We all have our personal Kool-Aid that we like to indulge in. And just like these people we deny our most compelling scientific evidence and grasp onto fairy tales.

Ignorance is bliss... just ask any PC person.

• Like 1