Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maybe a child ghost?

Makaila121

Hello, I think there a child ghost haunting my house. My family moved here when I was around 6. When I was 7 I was laying on the floor in front of the TV in the living room when I saw a yellow orb. I didn't think anything of it until I saw a video that said ghosts or spirits can show themselves as orbs. Then when I was around 10 or 11 I had a friend over and we were in the kitchen and my grandmother was there as well and I was talking to my grandma with my friend standing next to me, when the timer that was on the counter top flew off of it. I asked my grandmother if she remembered it, but she said no. I also asked my friend and she said that she did remember it happening. When I was 13, I was up really late (around 1 or 2am) when I heard my sisters toothbrush, which had a suction cup on the end of it, being stuck to the sink and then picked back up so it was making the suction noise. I waited for the noise to end and then went to the bathroom and when I opened the door I found her toothbrush on the floor, which I weird because she always keeps it near the toothbrush holder. I also saw a shadowy figure walk past my door one night. I have also felt as if someone has walked into my room and then felt uneasy as if someone was staring at me. Recently I have been hearing thumps and creaks and when I am home alone (and sometimes when my family is home) I have been hearing these footsteps either walking or running ( most of the time they are running). My sister has told me that she has heard them as well. Some of these experiences  seem more playful (running footsteps, toothbrush incident, and timer incident) which has made me believe that it is a child ghost, but there was a time when I was alone and I felt someone had walked into my room and then the feeling of fear and uneasiness over powered me and I ended up running out of the room and stayed in the living room until my family got back. I feel that a child ghost wouldn't be able to man me feel like that. What do you guys think? Anyway, sorry for the long story and thank you to whoever read it all and took the time to comment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Makaila121 said:

. I didn't think anything of it until I saw a video that said ghosts or spirits can show themselves as orbs.

Yup, the "paranormal" TV shows are there for ratings. They can easily sway a persons mind into "believing" if the person does not educate themselves enough on what could really be happening. I can see just by what you wrote you never thought anything of this stuff, and it is pretty obvious you have had a seed planted in your head about "ghosts". You planted one in your sister, and you are both watering those seeds.
I used to be that way actually. Until I actually started researching beyond paranormal sites, and looking for real, proven answers. Not campfire ghost stories.
This site actually helped a lot also.
So, no you do not have a ghost in your house.

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

I am 15, turning 16 in 2 months. And thank you for replying, I will start researching paranormal activity and stuff like that and I will stop watching as much paranormal TV shows. (I also recently read the book The Sally House, which probably also put the idea of a ghost into my mind)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Makaila121 said:

I am 15, turning 16 in 2 months. And thank you for replying, I will start researching paranormal activity and stuff like that and I will stop watching as much paranormal TV shows. (I also recently read the book The Sally House, which probably also put the idea of a ghost into my mind)

Don't research paranormal activity...research things like sleep apnea, sleep paralysis, psychology (how the mind works), psychology and fear, psychology and religion, psychology and influence, etc...If you want more detailed things, let me know. I could look for links to start you out if so. Trust me, once you learn how our minds work, and how easily they are influenced, you will not want to stop researching it.

If you just research "paranormal activity", you will just go to sites with no real scientific studies, and your seed will be watered even more.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Makaila121 said:

What do you guys think? 

I am more sympathetic to the possibility of the paranormal than some here. The timer and toothbrush things do seem suspicious, for example. But anyway these sound like fairly commonly reported things in the paranormal world and I wouldn't worry about it. Just work on being at peace with the 'whatever'.