Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could dust have carried alien life to Earth ?

UM-Bot

It does seem plausible.

• Like 4

It would explain the Kardashians.

Nah, I take that back.

Edited by Eldorado
Retraction.
  • Like 3

Might explain why the top of my fireplace seems to be mutating.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4

yes, and and so could have a meteorite a comet a planetary collision... basically anything moving through space... heck an alien corpse could have floated in to earths atmosphere for all we know, anything that can move in space can carry alien life, can't it?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, _KB_ said:

yes, and and so could have a meteorite a comet a planetary collision... basically anything moving through space... heck an alien corpse could have floated in to earths atmosphere for all we know, anything that can move in space can carry alien life, can't it?

Yes, especially if inside a spacecraft.

Edited by Parsec
  • Like 3

Has anyone watched the video for 'Blackstar' by David Bowie,

And the song 'Woodstock' tells us that

"We are stardust, we are golden 
We are billion year old carbon "

Edited by EBE Hybrid
  • Like 1

Relating to this subject, I hope you find this article interesting. It's about an extra-solar asteroid that contains organic molecules

https://www.theguardian.com/science/across-the-universe/2017/nov/20/interstellar-object-confirmed-to-be-from-another-solar-system

• Like 2

Have you ever noticed how intelligent Life is?  All Life.  Even (if not especially) plant life.

Ever noticed that next to your strawberry plants...there is some weed...that looks alot like a Strawberry Plant? I have noticed this alot...weeds congregating themselves around plants they look like.  You'd think all these spores are just blowing in the wind...are they? Or are some of them 'guiding' themselves through the air?

And if some are 'guiding' themselves through the air...could not some of them be...guiding themselves through space?  Maybe we have the wrong idea of 'space ships'....maybe meteors, and star dust and such are actually a kind of Space Ship harboring life.   How else does life erupt on a planet?  How...On God's Grey Earth...could LIFE just...poof into existence on planet Earth?  It couldn't...life never, ever, ever spontaneously erupts anywhere...ever.  And there are so many different species of life on Earth...are we to believe that it all evolved?  I don't.  I believe ALL of it came...and is still coming to Earth from Far Far Away.

Edited by joc

We have sent spacecraft outside our solar system. We are said to have visited the moon. Mars trips are just around the corner. As we expand into space with better and better tech it is easy to see how we will have colonised most of the solar system within the next 100 years, and how we will have visited strange new star systems by 3000, ever spreading the seeds of life in our cosmic neighbourhood. Life will have spread from Earth to hundreds of planets in a blink of an eye on a cosmic scale.

If we were to look back in 5 such blinks of an eye from now, do you think it will be a true statement to say "Life in the Universe... It all started with Earth." Is it only me or does this sound as egocentric as (or even more than) saying the earth is the centre of the Universe and it all revolves around us? How much humility does it take to accept that life probably did not start on our world? Think psylocibin. It is the ONLY 4-phosphorylated indole on this planet. And yes, those spores CAN travel in space and survive. Considering the consciousness-expanding properties of the plant, does the thought that it has been "sent", or even, seeded across the Universe (by an intelligent race after having created it through genetic manipulation) as a catalyst for the evolution of consciousness, sound crazy?

Edited by Rolci

i don't see how dust can carry life on earth , a meteorite yes but dust particles with building blocks of live or bacteria in general cannot survive the friction with Earths atmosphere.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:16 AM, joc said:

Have you ever noticed how intelligent Life is?  All Life.  Even (if not especially) plant life.

Ever noticed that next to your strawberry plants...there is some weed...that looks alot like a Strawberry Plant? I have noticed this alot...weeds congregating themselves around plants they look like.  You'd think all these spores are just blowing in the wind...are they? Or are some of them 'guiding' themselves through the air?

And if some are 'guiding' themselves through the air...could not some of them be...guiding themselves through space?  Maybe we have the wrong idea of 'space ships'....maybe meteors, and star dust and such are actually a kind of Space Ship harboring life.   How else does life erupt on a planet?  How...On God's Grey Earth...could LIFE just...poof into existence on planet Earth?  It couldn't...life never, ever, ever spontaneously erupts anywhere...ever.  And there are so many different species of life on Earth...are we to believe that it all evolved?  I don't.  I believe ALL of it came...and is still coming to Earth from Far Far Away.

"What is the secret link between rocks and minerals, and every living thing on earth?"

"Microbial life helped gave birth to hundreds of minerals we know and depend on today."

PBS NOVA video: Life's Rocky Start - http://www.pbs.org/video/nova-lifes-rocky-start-pro

Edited by Erno86
link work