Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boom! Mystery blasts rattling the globe

joc

Nowadays there are unfortunately youngsters who think it is really cool to build home-made bombs that are so loud so they can be heard far away. I imagine that they can be behind quite a few of these noises. It has probably gotten much more wide-spread with the Internet since people can find online recipes how to build the bombs.

Edited by fred_mc

The Gates of Hell are opening slowly. People think there are only one set of gates but there are many gates to hell. Armageddon is almost upon us everyone. Find your safe spot, stock up on weaponry, and supplies and get ready to do battle. Remember always aim for the head when confronting Zombies... anywhere else is just wasting bullets. And if you see a Balrog... JUST RUN! You will still die but you wont care because you will be to tired.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nzo said:

And if you see a Balrog... JUST RUN! You will still die but you wont care because you will be to tired.

I disagree with that, running is a perfectly viable way to avoid a Balrog.......... provided you happen to have a wizard with you. ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I disagree with that, running is a perfectly viable way to avoid a Balrog.......... provided you happen to have a wizard with you. ;)

And he also happens to be between you, the balrog and a bridge. 

• Like 1

I live in a small village in the Countryside of Lancashire, England and on Friday night, at around 9pm, ALOT of villagers took to Facebook to say they all heard a huge boom just before the electric tripped in many houses and businesses in the village. I'd estimate at over 75% of the village was left without power for roughly 16 hours. Very freaky.

On 11/24/2017 at 1:35 PM, Parsec said:

Ahahahah brilliant joke Trevor! 

Seriously the type of noise they are describing is the same as my firework experiments. When I did the pre cutting method there was a louder snap then thud which means the blast energy gets converted into sound rather then seismic like an earthquake which happened when I buried the explosive. They could be blasting holes for energy.

I think I figured this out ya'll. 

These guys going by the name "wreckx-n-effect" have been driving around all across the country and even globally with their mega bass. The give away clue was "all we want to do is zoom zoom zoom and "boom boom".

Edited by Area201

On 11/28/2017 at 5:58 AM, Beacon_Field said:

I live in a small village in the Countryside of Lancashire, England and on Friday night, at around 9pm, ALOT of villagers took to Facebook to say they all heard a huge boom just before the electric tripped in many houses and businesses in the village. I'd estimate at over 75% of the village was left without power for roughly 16 hours. Very freaky.

Ahem.  Don't you mean Sunday?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15671228.Sky_turned_green_after_explosion/

Anyway, thanks for verifying one of the many causes I posted earlier.  Transformer blast.  Quite common.

On 11/24/2017 at 0:45 PM, Timonthy said:

I didn’t think you were this far gone. What a joke. The ideas you’ve proposed will never be viable, you need to understand that.

Unsure why the government wouldn’t have assasinated you yet, isn’t that how these CT things work? 

—————

As for OP’s loud booms; move on, nothing to see here.

No you guys didn't prove anything in the other thread with your 'off the top of the head science'. Its just an innate denial of something new that I and anyone else would feel. Haven't you ever anything original before?

5 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

No you guys didn't prove anything in the other thread with your 'off the top of the head science'. Its just an innate denial of something new that I and anyone else would feel. Haven't you ever anything original before?

We used sound logic to dispel your wild ideas. What did you prove?

more mystery booms heard in Florida today and Arizona a couple days ago.

Edited by trevor borocz johnson

Daytona Beach Sonic Booms 120117 1630

i live here and it shook the area pretty much.  Checked the NASA launch schedule, nothing, looked for military aircraft in the area, none to be seen, (clear day yesterday),  911 calls were pouring in.  We had this happen back in August of 2016with no reasonable explanation.

who knows?

I think I know.

A lot of different people on this thread have experienced a lot of Booms and for a variety of reasons.  Sonic booms...sure.  Transformers blowing up resulting in loss of electricity...of course.   Testing of military weapons...very plausible. And the list of possibilities go on and on...

I think it is all of these things.  Sometimes, circumstances are that many similar things happen around the same time.  Then someone says WOW...booms are happening all over the world...what's going on??  And because it goes viral...it seems like something BAD is happening.

It is just life in general happening as it always does.  Most likely, any given day...a multitude of booms can be heard throughout the world.

It is a big world...with billions of people.   Transformers are always blowing up.  Sonic booms are always happening.  Etc, etc, etc.

Just the world doing what the world does every single day.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2017 at 0:25 AM, ChrLzs said:

Wow.  Loud noises.  In today's society.  Who would have thought?

Chrlz can I ask you how many years you've been on these science forums?