Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AI - As a new God

Crazy Horse

19 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I love songs.

Which one?

Madness - It must be love.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Excellent question first (in my mind)  raised in the original star trek series where mr spock epitomised the voice of logic and reason and captain kirk the emotional side of humanity.  Even then, as a young teenager i sided with Spock more than Kirk.  

One answer people give is that emotional responses are too dangerous and must, at the very least, be tempered by logical and rational responses, which analyse potential outcomes, do cost benefit analyses, and choose the optimal course of action.

A machine can give better logical and rational solutions more quickly than a human  Hence robot driven  cars will be much safer than ones with human drivers and never commit acts of violent road rage  .

However i disagree with you.  I think machines can be designed and constructed so they feel like humans eg anger, hate, love, joy, guilt, fear etc   Once we understand  cognitively why humans feel like this, it is just a matter of constructing ways to allow machine minds to construct/learn, or evolve,  these same emotions   

KiaOraRa, Mr Walker.. Thanku for replying. Awesome.. Let's Agree to Disagree.. Peace2youSir...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Good evening MO, did you have a nice day being Human! Lol

I have the strangest dreams but its difficult to remember them in any detail, only the feeling remains. Like this feeling now makes me wonder if an AI can dream or feel, or forgive, or imagine!? I wonder if an AI has a Soul? I wonder what could be more dangerous than treating an AI as a Godhead?

Top O the E'ening ,To You Sir, Yes I have, thankyou for asking. And wish ya likewise.. Dreaming of AI having a Soul, dya think it possible? Ya know, friend, I have read many posts on here that make me feel that maybe.., just maybe??  could it be possible... And then My Real Life  God/dess Nature,Sun,Moon and Stars, tells me.... ...No. . We are capable of these feats and More.. Because we are living.. Peace to you xox..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

If or when we reach the singularity, that's it.

If AI surpasses human intelligence, all bets are off.

There are no guarantees that it will not see us as a threat. It could also just see us as no longer useful.

Hell Yes.. I agree... 

• Like 1

Is it?

Hmm. How about the present?

Is that anything we want it to be? 

Because I have to lodge a few complaints then. 

Hahahaha...Lol. ..funny C/R..

• Like 2

Has there ever been world peace? 

No. Moments of peace here and there, but always with another war just around the corner.

Is there a reason then to think there ever will be?

Has there ever been a time when there were no dictators?

No. Knock one down and 10 more are jockeying for position.

Has there ever been a time when people weren't dying of starvation?

No. Even as food sits waiting to be delivered.

Has there ever been a time when there was no slavery? 

No. Still happening even in this country. 

Has there ever been a time when the powerful have not taken advantage of the weak?

No. Doesn't look like that will ever change. 

It seems the future is not whatever you want it to be, or else the people who had hoped for all these things to end would have ended them. 

What you need is for everyone to agree, and how likely do you think that is?

Yes it Seems a dismal place to live in huh. We participated in Creating this world by being a part of the Consumption Mechanism.. We can Restructure this world by having a deep passion towards Restructure.. I have. And I Go Do what I need to get the balance back to Equilibrium.. Peace to you Mr,Ms ChaosRose...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

"Presumably" being the absolute nonsense word that it is! 

Presumably, you are willing to give up your freedom?

Persumabily you are willing to give up your responsibility?

Persumabily you are willing to give up your future happiness? 

I am presuming that you Understand?

Well those things are all speculation. You're assuming a machine god would be some kind of tyrant. I doubt it would be. It'll never come to pass so this is all just spitballs into the wind. 

• Like 1

I think it's the height of human arrogance to suggest that when AI surpasses human intelligence that it'll decide to eradicate us as a threat. At that point I doubt it'd honestly care about our existence, and seek simply to further it's own.

Again, this is all just speculation. Who knows what it'll be like?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

I think it's the height of human arrogance to suggest that when AI surpasses human intelligence that it'll decide to eradicate us as a threat. At that point I doubt it'd honestly care about our existence, and seek simply to further it's own.

That's a very good point, actually. A functionally-omniscient machine god would probably not care about us at all.

• Like 3

On 29 November 2017 at 4:32 PM, Aquila King said:

I think its the height of human ignorance not to consider such a thing.

I can just imagine a super computer AI collecting all the data in the world, then observing humanity and then computing - "Meh!"

• Like 2

On 29 November 2017 at 6:10 PM, Podo said:

That's a very good point, actually. A functionally-omniscient machine god would probably not care about us at all.

Why would a super computer AI give us a second thought!

After all, its not like its been studying us from the moment it was "born".

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 8:32 AM, Aquila King said:

Lol...so I'm arrogant because I realize that people can be destructive?

If I can realize people can be destructive, I surely think AI that has surpassed us in intelligence could grasp that. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Lol...so I'm arrogant because I realize that people can be destructive?

If I can realize people can be destructive, I surely think AI that has surpassed us in intelligence could grasp that. 

Well just for point I might get concerned if the start putting the brains of a serial killer in a robo cop kit. Other then that what motivation would your toaster have? There is no way that one could assess how an AI would process information unless all of the information had abosoluely no emotional perspective. To have no bias of any kind, no political influence just compute probabilities. There is much reason to have men who make all the decisions, what certainty is threre really. :lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:25 AM, MauriOra said:

That Mind of Yours is Wow...

Yes the" Haves" subjugating the "Have NOTS"  They Rule from the LIENS,loans on mens backs. The In/Doc/Tri/NATION, they are a world of Power Unto Their Own. Even the word "only " stands for Own,/Lease.. So humans are in forced subjugation through Words, charms, Spells, Casts, Acts, etc etc. Its disgusting in my eyes and absolutely loathsome to my Heart.. Lord is the L/ ORDer. The L is the Angles hence the Illuminati TRI ANGLE.. EL means 3. Man is Three. SPIRIT is 6 six. Hence the 666 being implanted into our minds. (6) is Also Mother Earth.

The EL ORDer rule us Man(3) through fears implanted in the Minds of men, the consciousness or SPIRIT(6) with the All seeing Eye Tri Angle Blah baa baa and the mark of the Beast 666... MONEY AND CONTROL...

Very well said and awesome how you connect the dots with the words used!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Very well said and awesome how you connect the dots with the words used!

Thankyou Kindly Mr Truthseeker!.. Much appreciation xOx

• Like 2