Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AI - As a new God

Crazy Horse

So a computer nerd wants to create a new God by using Artificial Intelligence.

Are you sencing my perspective yet? 

Antony Levandowski, a silicon valley type, wants to create a super computer with AI to sort out all our problems, an actual Godhead that we can worship! This guy is into driverless cars and the Internet of things, which leads onto transhumanism. And something called the Singularity.

So this isn't just about religion but the whole life experience of every human being on the planet.

So it seems completley absurd that anyone could think that a machine could be God. For one there is no Conscousness, there are no feelings and there isn't a Life Force either.

To be honest, I don't know too much about this - I'm not sure anybody does, like, what is the Singularity exactly and how exactly are we going to upload our minds into a computer??

Fair enough, if a super AI computer can work out in a logical and reasonable way the problems of the world, then fine. But let's get something straight, no Conscousness, no heart, no feelings, no life, and absolutley 100% guaranteed, no God.

Dont get me wrong, I not against computers or computer geeks per se, but as with any new technology there is a risk of it being used against us instead of it being applied to help uplift us. To which, I see the ultimate goal as being total control over every aspect of Humanity. Driverless cars in a cashless society with an "Internet of things" and this Trans-Humanist Agenda is never going to succeed.

• Like 3

My biggest problem with tech is it's making people sensory retarded. They are no longer paying attention to their surroundings. They don't have to think. Their in their own little world and they are growing weak.. "They are turning into the Eloi and the Morlocks are waiting" a leader of the Bloods once told me in prison.

• Like 5

A fictional character doesn't have consciousness either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

My biggest problem with tech is it's making people sensory retarded. They are no longer paying attention to their surroundings. They don't have to think. Their in their own little world and they are growing weak.. "They are turning into the Eloi and the Morlocks are waiting" a leader of the Bloods once told me in prison.

I agree.

Unthinking and therefor unfeeling - thats the way I see things going.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

A fictional character doesn't have consciousness either.

Thats correct.

• Like 1

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

I agree.

Unthinking and therefor unfeeling - thats the way I see things going.

Truth, they do treat other people like their electronic devices.

I'm all for transhumanism but worshipping anything especially a computer is a waste of time.

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

Truth, they do treat other people like their electronic devices.

Its just so mechanical.

Push this button and get that result. Ive read that communication skills, concentration or lack of, spelling and grammar, eye contact, a lack of bonding etc. A lack of social skills in general. I mean, I see this as the trend. Not hopeless but..

.... now they want us to bow down to some computer!

I wonder what religious leaders around the world would have to say on the matter? Now that would be interesting.

• Like 1

Wow! 

I remember reading a joke in a magazine at the library in grade school....

It went something like this:

So, all the computer geniuses in the world put together all these computers into one giant computer...

The Top Computer Scientist asked the Computer the first question:

Is there a God?

The computer immediately fused all of the switches in the ON position and replied:

There is now!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its just so mechanical.

Push this button and get that result. Ive read that communication skills, concentration or lack of, spelling and grammar, eye contact, a lack of bonding etc. A lack of social skills in general. I mean, I see this as the trend. Not hopeless but..

.... now they want us to bow down to some computer!

I wonder what religious leaders around the world would have to say on the matter? Now that would be interesting.

And what are they going to do when the Computer says....there is no God....?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I'm all for transhumanism but worshipping anything especially a computer is a waste of time.

To be honest I don't worship God.

I thank God, feeling immense gratitude, and try to emulate this idea of Uncondictional Love. And because I try I have some success. One level of attainment becomes the foundation for the next build.

But let me say this much, this ideal expressed is anything but a waste of time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

And what are they going to do when the Computer says....there is no God....?

Who says that it would actually say that there is no God?

But to answer your question - dunno, run to the nearest safe space I would imagine! Lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

To be honest I don't worship God.

I thank God, feeling immense gratitude, and try to emulate this idea of Uncondictional Love. And because I try I have some success. One level of attainment becomes the foundation for the next build.

But let me say this much, this ideal expressed is anything but a waste of time.

So what would worshipping an AI achieve? Why would one even desire worship?

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Driverless cars in a cashless society with an "Internet of things" and this Trans-Humanist Agenda is never going to succeed.

But it already is succeeding. Transhumanism is about improving the human condition through technology.

Just now, Rlyeh said:

So what would worshipping an AI achieve? Why would one even desire worship?

But it already is succeeding. Transhumanism is about improving the human condition through technology.

What would it achieve? Good question - maybe a bunch of slaves who's only goal in life is to become more logical, or machine like. To be honest I haven't really thought about that side of the equation.

So how exactly is Transhumanism going to improve my life?

Let me ask you a question, do you think that a cashless society is a good thing?

"Transhumanism" is fine. But it has its limitations. 

True, many apparently religious traits can grow out of nonreligious roots. Man can, intellectually, deny God and yet be morally good, loyal, filial, honest, and even idealistic. Man may graft many purely humanistic branches onto his basic spiritual nature and thus apparently prove his contentions in behalf of a godless religion, but such an experience is devoid of survival values, God-knowingness and God-ascension. In such a mortal experience only social fruits are forthcoming, not spiritual. The graft determines the nature of the fruit, notwithstanding that the living sustenance is drawn from the roots of original divine endowment of both mind and spirit.

- the Urantia Book 

Edited by Will Due

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

"Transhumanism" is fine. But it has its limitations. 

Limitations - not if these guys have their way. 

Their claim of immortality within this Singualarity is the end goal apparently.

Until then we will just have to put-up with being even more enslaved than we are today.

Can I ask you Will, do you think that a cashless society is a good thing?

• Like 1

Regarding the humanistic non-religious approach to life, consider its results.

TO THE unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man's only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.

- the Urantia Book 

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Can I ask you Will, do you think that a cashless society is a good thing?

I think their goal is just that, control of money by instigating a cashless world.

If this is achieved, it will be the end of financial libery, and no way back to individual economic independence. 

• Like 2

Regarding the humanistic non-religious approach to life, consider its results.

I agree.

I would put it this way. To believe in the material, relative truth, is going to lead to disappointment at the very least, and a huge amount of suffering at the other end of the scale.

Gnosis on the other hand is the bases of a lasting peace and a true happiness.

I think their goal is just that, control of money by instigating a cashless world.

If this is achieved, it will be the end of financial libery, and no way back to individual economic independence. 

Cash is our last truly independent means of privacy.

These top bankers are the elite crooks of the world, all wars are bankers wars, poverty, environmental destruction, water, air, earth - what could possibly go wrong once they have all the money? 

Imagine never being able to get your hands on your own money! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

So how exactly is Transhumanism going to improve my life?

Increase the human life expectancy, improve the life of those with disabilities.

18 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Let me ask you a question, do you think that a cashless society is a good thing?

I'm not sure where I implied such a thing.

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Increase the human life expectancy, improve the life of those with disabilities.

I'm not sure where I implied such a thing.

How is it going to increase life expectancy, and how exactly will those with disabilities be helped?

You didn't imply the cashless thing, it was a simple question.

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Increase the human life expectancy, improve the life of those with disabilities

Non-religious humanism will fail to provide man a way to increase his life expectancy beyond the grave, life eternal.

How is that good?

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is death." 

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

How is it going to increase life expectancy, and how exactly will those with disabilities be helped?

You didn't imply the cashless thing, it was a simple question.

By genetic engineering, artificial organs/limbs, etc. Are you aware of the development of limbs controlled by nerves? Or don't you believe that helps anyone?

Non-religious humanism will fail to provide man a way to increase his life expectancy beyond the grave, life eternal.

How is that good?

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is death." 

Like religion has? Humanism doesn't offer such superstitious beliefs to begin with.