Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its not a Bird, its not a UFO, is it a Plane?

AnchorSteam

"Just landed in Seattle coming from the bay area. Beginning over Southern Oregon we kept overhearing Seattle Center attempting to track an airplane with no transponder who wasn't talking. A handful of crews were able to track it visually, best they could tell it was between FL350-370 [35,000-37,000 feet], northbound. Nobody close enough to see the type.

Last we heard it was over the Willamette valley northbound and some fighters, perhaps out of PDX [Portland International Airport], were scrambled to go take a peek. Center had trouble tracking it on primary radar.

Strange! My theory is they were running drugs to Canada. No news yet, not that I could find.

**Update 0500z. Called SEA ARTCC. The gentleman I spoke with said that they initially got alerted to the aircraft from Oakland Center who was painting it on primary [illuminating it with radar, but without transponder information]. For whatever reason they couldn't track it themselves on primary, and that's when I overheard them using airline aircraft to track it visually. The last airplane to see it had to descend into Portland and lost sight of it. The fighters were scrambled out of PDX but flew around for a while and did not find it. And that's that."

F-15s scrambled from Portland failed to make contact. http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/16079/airliners-and-f-15s-involved-in-bizzare-encounter-with-mystery-aircraft-over-oregon

That in itself is fishy, but how does someone get away with flying with no transponder along the major air corridor in this part of the US?

It was fast, as fast as the Jetliners that were spotting it, but faster than an F-15? That does not sound like any kind of smuggler I know of. 

• Like 1

The aircraft was not able to be tracked on radar nor did it show up on crews' digital traffic collision avoidance systems (TCAS), but it was clearly there, although never quite close enough to positively identify what its exact type was.

A military aircraft in stealth/silent mode combined with NORAD disinformations, so nothing strange here.

It was Tony Stark testing out a new Iron Man armor.

I wish they had a photo of this aircraft. Might be easier to figure out what it was. 

8 hours ago, toast said:

A military aircraft in stealth/silent mode combined with NORAD disinformations, so nothing strange here.

Well, this is the strange part; that is the most heavily traveled lane in this state, it is the direct path between SFO, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver.  By going 50 miles to either the east or west, it could have been missed by everyone and there would certainly have been far fewer visual sightings in any case. 

I would have thought that any secret military test would be conducted someplace where they would have a chance at keeping it concealed.... which would literally be anywhere else in the Pacific Northwest.