Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SOS

oliviaedwards

Normally I would not go to this extent of creating an account on a site like this let alone searching for one on the internet but i’m desperate. Quick back story I grew up in a haunted house but it was never bad and I never felt scared to be there alone. Fast forward to the present, I live in a brand new apartment with two roommates and they know about my past experiences with ghosts etc. Knowing this and after moving into new construction that was built on land that has some dark history, we all began to notice strange things like lights being on or hearing footsteps (we live in a two level apartment no one lives above us). Naturally I said we should go get some sage and cleanse the place, my roommates and I did the cleansing and moved on. A couple weeks later we got a kitten and everything seemed normal. Strange things would still happen but we would ignore them, for example I was standing on the stairs and my hair which was in a pony tail was picked up and thrown onto my face (my hair is very heavy and thick). Fast forward to this week and many strange experiences beforehand, including our cat staring and the ceiling and meowing and swatting at things we could not see. This week on monday my cat went missing, my one roommate was at work and me and my other roommate our out of state for thanksgiving, there is no way he could have gotten out on his own and he doesn’t hide he always runs to the door and greets us when we come home. My roommate has been in our apartment the rest of the week trying to track down our cat, and when she came back from going to work at 1:00pm today her room light was turned on. Now this probably sounds like she just left it on but we hate having lights on and we are very obsessive about keeping them off to keep utilities down. My roommate called the police and filed a report just in case it may be someone breaking in, but there’s just been too many things going on to lead me to believe that something darker is happening. If anyone has any advice please reply to this post, it would be greatly appreciated. 

I've had some weird stuff happen in my house and I've just learned to live with it and speak out loud to our guest or guests. Luckily it's not malignant in any way but I'm concerned for your pet cat. I hope they turn up soon. 

• Like 1

I wonder if your landlord is going in there without your permission. 

They aren't really allowed to do that without notice. 

I agree on setting up the cam.

I hope you find your cat.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

Is it possible the cat is hiding in the apartment too freaked out to come out in the open? They can be sneaky like that. Or has every inch been searched?

Please come back and let us know one way or the other.

• Like 1

I third setting up the camera. It honestly sounds like someone is coming and going from your apartment.  A landlord doesn’t always pay attention to animals, and though they are supposed to give notice they don’t always. (I’ve had mine nearly walk in on me in the shower bevause they didn’t give me notice.) 

Edited by The Ghastly Grimoire